Sports Silhouette Wallpapers

TrueNorth13

Over the last couple months, I have played around with creating silhouette wallpapers, mostly for me. One of them was a birthday gift for a family member, but they were mostly just for me. I create them by taking a photo, and tracing the outline, creating a silhouette. I started with just minor details, but for some of them, I went a little far with the detail. I've added quotes to some of them as well, just for the sake of making a cool wallpaper I would use. I decided to share them to see what people think of them.

This was the birthday gift for a family member. I took out the name for the sake of privacy.

xhDRzkK.png

This is the first wallpaper I created. My favourite NHL player as well.

E8lQ6lr.png

I chose this quote from Russell Wilson because I'm a Christian. Like I said before, I created it for my use.

KBZiJp1.png

This is the captain from my local Junior A hockey team, the Steinbach Pistons.

h3NjOoi.png

This is also from the Steinbach Pistons. The silhouette is the head coach, Paul Dyck, who is from my hometown. He was drafted into the NHL as well. The motto is what is in their dressing room.

mJhT1nT.png

This is pretty self explanatory.

enBpU0X.png

And the last of these, is one I created for a radio and tv show in Toronto, Leafs Lunch. I made this purely for the sake of experimenting with silhouettes of non-athletes.

J0kcrgC.png

If people like these, I MIGHT take requests, but I probably won't get to them too quickly. I don't do this for a job, it's just something I do in my spare time. Any C&C is appreciated.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot about these 2. One is for Jay and Dan's podcast. If you don't know who they are, look them up. They used to work with TSN, but are now with Fox in LA. The other is for Josh Donaldson winning AL MVP. Just my own way of celebrating a great season from one of the best 3rd basemen in the game.

RPGxTuS.png

bMLyLiY.png

In my opinion, my JD one is by far the best one I've created. And my favourite.

I forgot about these 2. One is for Jay and Dan's podcast. If you don't know who they are, look them up. They used to work with TSN, but are now with Fox in LA. The other is for Josh Donaldson winning AL MVP. Just my own way of celebrating a great season from one of the best 3rd basemen in the game.

RPGxTuS.png

bMLyLiY.png

In my opinion, my JD one is by far the best one I've created. And my favourite.

That Donaldson piece is mag. nif. icent. wow.

a2BRS8U.png

The Josh Donaldson one is sick. All of them are pretty nice, but that one is my favorite. Can you do one for Cam Newton, or are you not taking requests?

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Thanks for all the comments so far. And I can take requests, there's just no guarantee that they'll get done quickly. I love making them, so that could speed up the process, but I only make them in my spare time. So if people ask for things, I'll do my best to make them. Most likely in the order they were presented.

I love the JD one. It reminds me of the "Grid Iron Minimalist" series that BrandMooreArt did. I don't have a request right now but I probably will soon.

PS on the "Jay and Dean" one, how did you get the crumpled paper look?

tinysig.jpg

I love the JD one. It reminds me of the "Grid Iron Minimalist" series that BrandMooreArt did. I don't have a request right now but I probably will soon.

PS on the "Jay and Dean" one, how did you get the crumpled paper look?

I just added a crumpled paper texture on top and use an effect to blend it with the rest of the picture.

So I created the first 2 requests of Herb Brooks and Calvin Johnson. The CJ81 wallpaper I made, might be my new favourite. I might like it even better than Donaldson's. Well, not quite.

With the team ones, I wouldn't create silhouettes for teams, unless it was one or 2 players. When there's more than 2 people in a picture, it starts to get confusing and complicated with who's silhouette is who. I might design some team championship wallpapers, without the silhouettes though. Without further ado:

Herb Brooks

0NSujDf.png

And Calvin Johnson aka Megatron

5E0txAa.png

I think they look best with the sublimated team logo and a bright wallpaper background, for CC. For requests, could u do a Bill Bleichick one? I think he would be s great non-athlete that fits the bill.

P.S. Best thread I've seen in a long LONG time on this website.

SB%2001%2003%2004%2015_zpsuc4ldp3t.pngNBA%20All_zpsgzk5pipt.pngSC%2029%2039%2041%2070%2072%2011_zpspiuwWS%2003%2012%2015%2016%2018%2004%2007%20

I have a request if you don't mind. Can I get a 2015 MLL Steinfeld Cup Championship for the New York Lizards, with Rob Pannel (#3) and Paul Rabil (#99) on it?

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

Archived