Pics where the players look cool

Ark

Capitals fans in here are slacking...

2015-bridgestone-nhl-winter-classic-2015

Karl+Alzner+Bridgestone+NHL+Winter+Class

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there's a major conflict here as to what people consider "cool."

There's the unflappable, calm-headed "cool" (as in, "cool, calm, and collected" or "keeping your cool") where almost no emotion is shown...

...and there's the "cool" where people are "caught in the moment" and showing raw emotion.

I'm not saying I prefer one or the other, but there are a lot of varying definitions of "cool" being posted here.

Then there's the third option. People who created a style or look that became almost as much a part of them as there ability. Case in point one, of the coolest sports figures of the 1970s. Richard Petty.

1114050.jpg

52018063-american-nascar-driver-richard-

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

20130412_dn_041213_z1sixs12s.jpg

615_chuck_bednarik_102313.jpg

89udgriffey-213x300.jpg

It doesn't get any cooler than Muhammed Ali...

maxresdefault.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

20 hours ago, Korkie said:

615_chuck_bednarik_102313.jpg

This play was in 1960.  Today it would draw two personal fouls, one for the hit and another for taunting, and Bednarik would be suspended for the next eight seasons.  Instead of the Eagles recovering the fumble and sealing the win, the officials would march off the 30 yards and decide the outcome of the game on their own.

4 hours ago, Jungle Jim said:

This play was in 1960.  Today it would draw two personal fouls, one for the hit and another for taunting, and Bednarik would be suspended for the next eight seasons.  Instead of the Eagles recovering the fumble and sealing the win, the officials would march off the 30 yards and decide the outcome of the game on their own.

True dat. Although, even as a Bengals fan, I know that Burfict did make a dirty hit according to the rules. Just wished the officials had called the whole game according to the rules, not just when the Bengals committed fouls.

5 hours ago, Jungle Jim said:

What was wrong with the hit? The hit would have been totally clean today, and the taunt was nothing compared to the way players hoot and holler today.

CZkazXLW0AAZkYh.jpg:large

Not in uniform, but the Babe looking both cool and cold.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

• 3 weeks later...

Not a still pic, but this.

Badassery at it's finest.  Zero Fs were given by one Mr. O'Neal that day.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived