Pics where the players look cool

Ark

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there's a major conflict here as to what people consider "cool."

There's the unflappable, calm-headed "cool" (as in, "cool, calm, and collected" or "keeping your cool") where almost no emotion is shown...

...and there's the "cool" where people are "caught in the moment" and showing raw emotion.

I'm not saying I prefer one or the other, but there are a lot of varying definitions of "cool" being posted here.

Then there's the third option. People who created a style or look that became almost as much a part of them as there ability. Case in point one, of the coolest sports figures of the 1970s. Richard Petty.

1114050.jpg

52018063-american-nascar-driver-richard-

20 hours ago, Korkie said:

615_chuck_bednarik_102313.jpg

This play was in 1960.  Today it would draw two personal fouls, one for the hit and another for taunting, and Bednarik would be suspended for the next eight seasons.  Instead of the Eagles recovering the fumble and sealing the win, the officials would march off the 30 yards and decide the outcome of the game on their own.

4 hours ago, Jungle Jim said:

This play was in 1960.  Today it would draw two personal fouls, one for the hit and another for taunting, and Bednarik would be suspended for the next eight seasons.  Instead of the Eagles recovering the fumble and sealing the win, the officials would march off the 30 yards and decide the outcome of the game on their own.

True dat. Although, even as a Bengals fan, I know that Burfict did make a dirty hit according to the rules. Just wished the officials had called the whole game according to the rules, not just when the Bengals committed fouls.

5 hours ago, Jungle Jim said:

What was wrong with the hit? The hit would have been totally clean today, and the taunt was nothing compared to the way players hoot and holler today.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived