NBA Concepts: Cavs Update (p. 4)

Lights Out

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Cleveland in the orange and brown. Cities with a colour theme just make sense to me. I get that the wordmark underline is based on a cavalier's plume, but it seems a little overpowering.

ATL is an improvement. Im not crazy about the volt, but you make it work.

Houston is again better than what they are wearing now.

Phoenix are my favourite of this series. I love the detailing on the side. I'd rather an orange alternate, but these are phenomenal.

I like the blue/bronze for Washington, but I prefer their current template to this.

qtOnrJr.png

They are nice, except the Cavaliers one. They design itself is pretty fresh but those colors are dog :censored:. The brown looks like actual :censored:. I get what you were trying to do with they Brown's colors, but goddamn does it look awful.

cleveland_ghosts_legendary_players_by_ve

I think the Cavs uniforms work only with white lettering and numbers on the coloreday ones. As it is, you run into the same issue that the Browns are having in regards to legibility.

Everything else looks great except the Suns alternate. maybe make the numbers orange or make the uniform itself orange.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Great work on these.

I know that you take the Cavs old wordmark, but it looks really dated. As Canuckleball noted, the plume is too overpowering, espyially with the front numbers not centered. Placing them directly under the largest/busiest part of the wordmark makes the jersey really unbalanced. Teams usually put the number on the side when the mark on the jersey slants upward and leaves space for the number. That being said, it could look weird with the number half under the plume...which goes back to my original comment. I would make it thinner. I always first think of a cow/calf's tail before I think hat plume when I see that wordmark. I do find the brown and orange interesting.

I don't hate the volt in Atlanta as much as many people, but I think the volt logo on the home and road shorts is a bit too much. Also, is that the correct shade of red; it is quite magenta on my screen.

Houston looks good...except for the sublimated stars under the arms and shorts. Are the players sweating stars from their armpits? Okay, that may have been a low blow, but when I see little stars like that, it is usually on a junior high girl's folder (I teach junior high and high school English). I can't help but think it looks quite juvenile (and girly). I also am not a fan of the ​Clutch City on the alternate; but that is personal preference against contrived city nicknames on jerseys. Houston uses it, so whatever.

Phoenix looks fantastic. I love the side details: the phoenix rising on the shorts is incredible and the top designs are good too. The purple lettering and numbering looks good on the black, but it would be really hard to see. Now, basketball likes to make jerseys that have really difficult numbers to see; but I do think orange lettering and numbering would be more functional.

The more I look at the Wizards uniforms, the more I like them. You give them their unique color scheme and still have unique striping. I do think I prefer their current wordmarks, but yours work well on this design. I'm not sure I like the stars on the side of the jersey because I think it makes more sense for the Sixers to use them, and I don't love the repetition. But with that being said, I don't know what I would do instead.

award%20sig.png

Cleveland had me like ????????. Why? Otherwise, solid job, but maybe change Houston to a brighter red.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

I love these (especially Phoenix and Atlanta), but there's just a few thing I'd change.

Boston - The pants don't really match the jersey at all, really. I'd go with something that ties together the entire look. Maybe the Celtic pattern going down the side which you have on the alternate.

Denver - Make the letter color white on the away as well on the outer outline of the numbers on the home. Would just make them easier to read.

Sacramento - I'd make the light purple/pink white to add some contrast in the look. Right now, it looks extremely blended in and the white could make it pop.

Can't wait for more. By far my favorite NBA series in a while.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived