North American Pro Soccer 2016

Gothamite

10 years and thousands of dollars in tickets and merch and beers.....it feels so worth it right now. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't have anything to do with the conversation, but I think it's crazy that i just played a normal middle school football game in the same stadium as Rayo OKC, the NASL team. It felt weird. 

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

1 hour ago, 2001mark said:

I'm guessing merely buzz in & around Toronto & Montreal proper.

Looks like we're one step closer to that Canadian buzz. Montreal is up 3-0 in the 74th minute.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Please no. 

For some reason Montreal just seem to have TFC's number in important games (minus the miracle in Montreal). 

Wont deny this though; that atmosphere would be unbeatable. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

And, with an 88th minute (maybe offsides?) header from beleaguered Nelson Valdez, the Sounders get through a very chippy game against Sporting KC.

From 9th place in July to second round of the playoffs. Sometimes sports can be fun.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

12 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Poor, poor, angry Benny.

I'd be more sympathetic if he hadn't gotten two "final" warnings before a yellow.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 10/28/2016 at 0:17 AM, mr.negative15 said:

Please no. 

For some reason Montreal just seem to have TFC's number in important games (minus the miracle in Montreal). 

Wont deny this though; that atmosphere would be unbeatable. 

This has me thinking... would people prefer TFC-Montreal or RBNY-NYCFC?

Personally I would prefer TFC-Montreal since I don't think RBNY stomping a mudhole out of NYCFC for two games would be much fun (Playing out of the back with a suspect backline + Dangerous high pressing team = Disaster).

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

1 hour ago, Nyk33 said:

This has me thinking... would people prefer TFC-Montreal or RBNY-NYCFC?

Of the two I'd rather see an all Canadian eastern final.

SN: Is there any city in western Canada that could realistically get an MLS franchise one day?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

12 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Of the two I'd rather see an all Canadian eastern final.

SN: Is there any city in western Canada that could realistically get an MLS franchise one day?

Now? No.

One day? Posssibly, but an all-Canadian league is better financially.

The MLS expansion fee is too much of a barrier.

Edmonton just opened a new publicly financed arena and Calgary is desperate to get one too. That Calgary Flames plan of arena and CFL fieldhouse is a laughable one which the city isn't willing to pay for.

Winnipeg isn't western enough and too close to Minneapolis and no free agent player would sign to play in Regina.

I don't think there is any Canadian market outside of Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver that could support a team in MLS at this point.

The Canadian Premier League should be the target for all aspiring markets in Canada going forward.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

59 minutes ago, Nyk33 said:

I don't think there is any Canadian market outside of Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver that could support a team in MLS at this point.

The Canadian Premier League should be the target for all aspiring markets in Canada going forward.

Then why did you ask?

3 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Then why did you ask?

4 tattoos asked, not nyk33. 

That said, I'm of the opinion that Canadian teams should break off and form their own domestic league. Can't be worse competition than MLS I would think. then again, most of Canadian US sports compete in the same league(besides no Canadian American football teams) so country specific leagues wouldn't Work. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Archived