North American Pro Soccer 2016

Gothamite

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Any chance they steal Schwieni from Chicago?

Sure, there's a chance.  Chicago also owned Drogba's rights, but he was able to force a move to Montreal.  Bastian could well do the same if he wanted (and if the club wanted him),

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

I am the casual MLS soccer fan (I really just follow the Rowdies) but I know the MLS schedule is different than the rest of the world. 

What would be an ideal MLS schedule?  Could it still be different than the world schedule but not finish in November/December?

Honestly? I don't think there is a good answer to this. 

It might be in the benefit of MLS to adopt the world schedule, and have MLS cup be on say memorial day weekend. But then the season conflicts with basketball, hockey, and the NFL(early games ) and baseball(later games)

Playing regular season games in the snow is one thing, but the cold of December for playoffs is another. 

No good answer. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Thought I'd just share this here instead of making it's own thread somewhere else as it'll probably be covered on the main site but here's Atlanta's home kit! It's pretty much exactly what everyone was expecting but it's  pretty solid. I'm not a fan of how it look like there's two different shades of gold on the numbers and the sponsor and adidas stripes but that could just be the image or lighting.

IMG_3875.JPG

sigsgsg.png.dd2c63fee3388b4132af271cae3c34b5.png

4 damn nothing.  The USMNT has clearly quit in this game.

Ok, two of their three hardest games, 2 losses in 2 games, 8 games left, plenty of time to right the ship.  But, what the hell is going on?  What is Klinsmann doing?  Are the players just as much to blame? 

This is embarrassing.  Getting to Russia is far from a lock now.

6 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

4 damn nothing.  The USMNT has clearly quit in this game.

Ok, two of their three hardest games, 2 losses in 2 games, 8 games left, plenty of time to right the ship.  But, what the hell is going on?  What is Klinsmann doing?  Are the players just as much to blame? 

This is embarrassing.  Getting to Russia is far from a lock now.

-5 goal differential is a big issue now.

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Damn. The Metrostars look good

I would definitely not be happy if I was a Metrostars fans from 1996 until the takeover.

However most of the blame should go on Red Bull for ditching the Metrostars history until it became convenient for them to do so when they started getting more competition in the local area.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Klinsmann has coached himself onto a very, very hot seat right now.  If this gets too much worse he needs to go IMO.  However, that should come with a caveat: that they can find a suitable replacement.  Bruce Arena seems like a good option, if he'd be willing to leave the Galaxy and coach the USMNT it would be ideal. 

spacer.png

St. Louis expansion coming soon as owners release plans. This includes a new stadium and the acquisition of the USL St. Louis club. This has come together fairly quick and I'm thinking it could be possible for them to join with LAFC maybe.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/11/17/st-louis-ownership-group-announces-sweeping-plans-mls-expansion-bid

IMG_3881.JPG

sigsgsg.png.dd2c63fee3388b4132af271cae3c34b5.png

On 11/16/2016 at 10:58 AM, Crabcake47 said:

Klinsmann has coached himself onto a very, very hot seat right now.  If this gets too much worse he needs to go IMO.  However, that should come with a caveat: that they can find a suitable replacement.  Bruce Arena seems like a good option, if he'd be willing to leave the Galaxy and coach the USMNT it would be ideal. 

Sounds like that may be something the USSF is thinking too:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/11/17/report-ussf-contacted-arena-vermes-about-us-job-arena-extended-la

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

LigaMX is open to a new cup competition with MLS

I'm guessing that since the teams that didn't qualify for the CONCACAF champions league aren't going to the Copa Libertadores since LigaMX withrdrew from it (I have no idea why) they are probably going to try and create CONCACAF's version of the Europa League with MLS.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

6 minutes ago, Nyk33 said:

LigaMX is open to a new cup competition with MLS

I'm guessing that since the teams that didn't qualify for the CONCACAF champions league aren't going to the Copa Libertadores since LigaMX withrdrew from it (I have no idea why) they are probably going to try and create CONCACAF's version of the Europa League with MLS.

As long as there's actual meritocracy with the teams instead of plugging in big name teams that don't deserve it, I think it can work. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived