North American Pro Soccer 2016

Gothamite

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounders win 2-1 in a much less thrilling matchup. Colorado is great at winning with one goal at home, so the next round will be a tough one.

I think we all agree Seattle is a much more exciting option to advance from the West. Either is fine from the east, but I'm hoping for Montreal so Seattle can host the final.

I bet you dfwabel knows the answer to this -- are MLS ratings any good? Are they moving the needle at all with this new deal? Because the quality of play continues to improve and it'd be nice to see that reflected with higher viewership.

11 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I think Toronto is definitely advancing. They pulled a rabbit out of their hat tonight. It's hard to lose 3-2 and still feel like you won, but that's what it looked like.

They can advance with 1-0 or 2-1 right now.  At BMO, I'll take that hope.  This is the semi-final, it's not supposed to be easy.

40 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I bet you dfwabel knows the answer to this -- are MLS ratings any good? Are they moving the needle at all with this new deal? Because the quality of play continues to improve and it'd be nice to see that reflected with higher viewership.

Look and analyze these post from Paulsen.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/category/soccer/mls/

It seems ratings are up.

A few years ago on the North America soccer thread for that specific year, it was mentioned that a "Game of the Week" was necessary for the national package to make a habit of watching. It seems it has worked.

Also, I don't know anything about local ratings, but know that even Premier League ratings on NBC/NBCSN are down 17% from last season and Leicester City's run.

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

the Rapids solidified MLS as a hipster league with their Smiths-themed tifo

MLS was solidified as a hipster league years ago.

Anyways I'm glad that Seattle won since it guarantees an awesome atmosphere no matter who wins between Toronto & Montreal. Either it will be Sounders@TFC or Montreal@Seattle for the cup final and I have pretty good faith in Seattle fans & Toronto fans.