infrared41's Best and Worst - NFL Week 13

infrared41

Week 13 was easily the strongest week of the season for good looking uniforms match ups. The best list has some classic match ups, a contender for best match up of the year, and a game that some will see as a bit of a shocker. On the other side of the ledger, a weekly contender for the #1 spot on the best list is this week's winner of "thanks for ruining a good looking game" and we had a couple train wrecks. Lock in your final answer and let's play our game. As always, the lists are just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

Best:

1. Chiefs - Raiders: The clear winner in a very competitive week. I was pleasantly surprised to see the Chiefs go with all white for this game. Two of the very best looks in the NFL. I've said it many times before and I'll say it again - every game should look this good. A perfect uniform match up. This one is in the running for the best looking game of the year.

Chiefs.jpg

2. Colts - Steelers: Another match up between two of the best looks in the NFL. You know it's a tough week when this game only manages the #2 slot. The Colts all white look is one of my favorites.

Colts.jpg

3. Seahawks - Vikings: No, that is not a typo. The Seahawks made the best list. Seattle's uniforms have some silly Nike elements that I'll never like, but there are a couple combos that look good enough to overcome that Nike silliness. The white over gray is one of those combos. The gray could stand to be a couple shades darker for a little more contrast, but it's still a really nice look. The Vikings have the best modern uniforms in the NFL. And some people think I only like traditional uniforms. B)

Vikings.jpg

4. Packers - Lions: This game might have been ranked a little higher if we hadn't just seen a version of it a couple weeks ago. I really like the way the colors pop between these two uniforms. If I had to choose which one I liked better, I think I'd pick the Packers road uniforms over the home uniforms, but it would be close. Good looking game, great finish.

Packers.jpg

5. Jets - Giants: The Jets green pants kept this one from being ranked higher. I like the green pants well enough, but In a week as competitive as this one, something has determine why one game is better than another. It's nice to have a week where I can be this nit-picky.

Jets.jpg

Honorable Mention: We have a picture limit for posts so no pics for the Honorable Mention games.

• Texans - Bills
  • Eagles - Patriots
  • Dallas - Washington

Thanks for ruining a great match up:

This week's winners - the Chicago Bears. This game should have been in the running for the #1 spot on the best list. Instead, the Bears decide to break out the 1950's high school uniforms. That's twice this year that the Bears have ruined a game of the year contender with those awful throwbacks. The good news is we won't be seeing the throwbacks again this season.

Bears.jpg

Second place - Panthers - Saints: Will someone please tell the Saints that the black monochrome look is as ugly as it is dated?

Worst:

1. Falcons - Bucs: The Falcons all white PYP look isn't entirely awful. It's just mostly awful. Good color scheme, but too much weird panels and piping. Add in the worst NFL uniforms ever and here we are.

Bucs.jpg

2. Jags - Titans: Way to go Titans! You went from #1 on last week's best list to being a Bucs uniform away from pulling off the rare first to worst. That monochrome blue is plain old ugly. The Jags are so close to having a really great look. But close don't count.

Jags.jpg

That's it for this week. Thanks for dropping by.

BB52Big.jpg

I will say re: Bucs... the home uniform isn't that bad.Give it an actual number font and real pant stripes and that's not a bad look...

And shrink the helmet logo... and lose the chrome mask... and drop the brown/gray yoke... and pick one sleeve logo... and... oh, hell, just burn it.

I will say re: Bucs... the home uniform isn't that bad.Give it an actual number font and real pant stripes and that's not a bad look...

And shrink the helmet logo... and lose the chrome mask... and drop the brown/gray yoke... and pick one sleeve logo...

So basically, something like this... B)

Brooks.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

I just don't like the Chiefs new thing of wearing red socks with the white pants and white jerseys.

Give me this

121612-quickhits-cp.jpg

or this

102111-preview-story.jpg

I would wear the red socks every time with the white pants, regardless of the jersey color. A white leotard is just as ugly as a red one or any other color.

A contrast of color between the pants and socks is an absolute must in every single case IMO. It's a NFL uniform non-negotiable to me.

I just don't like the Chiefs new thing of wearing red socks with the white pants and white jerseys.

Give me this

121612-quickhits-cp.jpg

or this

102111-preview-story.jpg

I would wear the red socks every time with the white pants, regardless of the jersey color. A white leotard is just as ugly as a red one or any other color.

A contrast of color between the pants and socks is an absolute must in every single case IMO. It's a NFL uniform non-negotiable to me.

I like both looks equally. I like to see them mix it up

Archived