NBA Rebrand (3/30) - Clippers added

eliasrapp98

There are some things I like with the Clippers set, like the colors and the wordmark. However, I'm not a fan of the name-on-back and number fonts. They don't look like something athletic teams would use. Even if teams have different fonts for their wordmark, they still usually use a fairly standard name-on-back font. I'd try something more traditional. For the numbers, I think rounded numbers could work, but this particular font doesn't. Try something somewhat similar but more professional sports-franchise-looking.

I also think the flags would look better at the bottom of the shorts instead of your current placement. I'm not loving the 1984 flags either. To me, it doesn't really make sense as to why this belongs on the jersey? Yes, it is the year they moved to L.A., but they were a franchise before that. I'd go with the LAC flags on both sides.

award%20sig.png

After hearing all the feedback for the Suns, I will certainly consider an overhaul of my current concept. I'll leave that for later though since it will be something fresh. Until then, here's the T-Wolves.

Home:

ANehh09.png

Away:

vXvBWCz.png

Alt:

IRa9e6N.png

Also, does anyone know how to change the topic name?

I appreciate the color on these and the resurgence of the tree collar in a new, minimal form. I like that you didn't use the current Wolves word mark also.

You just need to refine these a bit more. There are some kerning issues on the word mark and lines that just don't look as clean as what they should. Names on the back should also probably be one color and using a different font.

In re to the PHX concept:

I honestly don't think you're improving upon what they already have. You're hinting at their current uniforms but not utilizing space and shape as well as what they already are. I'd like to see you at least try bring a new color scheme to the table when approaching a concept. People may respond like "oh no you can't do that" but in reality you can do whatever you want. Don't be afraid to be creative and do something you have seen before on these boards.

The issue here isn't so much the jerseys, but rather that they don't look professional. Each look scream rec-league to me.

Suns- Great idea with the marriage, but the Wordmarks lack any creativity.

Wolves- Nice, but too much green, not enough blue and hate the blocky font.

Clippers- Best yet, but once again the wordmarks kill it.

Try using actual NBA fonts.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Update:

AHLLQk8.png

pxx3Nzz.png

This is a lot better. The number font looks like like something that would appear on a professional jersey. The name-on-back font still doesn't look realistic--again try a standard name-on-back font. In addition, I don't like that the wordmark on the front of the jersey is straight but the name-on-back is arched. I would match them (make the name-on-back straight).

award%20sig.png

Would've been nice to see you use a font other than Arizona State's...

Boy, every year this website gets snobbier and snobbier. I used to be on here in 2010 and no one said :censored: like that. But ok I'll take that consideration.

You used to be on here has recently as June...

Anyway, the color scheme used for the Suns is bizarre. That purple might be a bit better if you added more blue to the hue. The Wolves are the best of the lot, but the mismatching blues bother me. I like the simplicity and color scheme for the Clippers, but the font and numbers make it look like it's basketball team for a children's show. Maybe a more typical and modern font would work better.

Oh and the NBA logo isn't colored right. From left to right, it's blue-white-red, not red-white-blue.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

For the Wolves, there is so much green on the home, but the away is blue. I would make the away green and make the blue one a second alt. Otherwise, nice. Clippers look sharp too, but maybe find a more nautical font.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Archived