New Ram's concept, based (loosely) on Color Rush uniforms

oldschoolvikings

That's what I was thinking. I'd stick with the color rush jersey (navy, not royal) with the old school numbers (those look like the Texans' numbers), and add a full collar, like what the Bills and Pats have. The while horns look odd. White pants at home, gold on the road.

Another Rams' concept, this time inspired (sorta) from the color rush uniforms. Part of my continuing attempts to create a set of uniforms that would look like the beautiful 50's uniforms at home, and the also beautiful 80's road uniforms on the road.

Feedback appreciated.ram1_zpssyxefoa9.png

I am a sucker for the blue and yellow color schemes like this. Good job. ^_^

I actually like the different color horns.

Your facemasks are different colors (keep the blue) and you have a royalish blue on the back of the helmet that doesn't match the navy blue in the other views.

Overall a great look for the Rams.

Yikes! Rookie mistakes, how embarrassing. Fixed below.

That's what I was thinking. I'd stick with the color rush jersey (navy, not royal) with the old school numbers (those look like the Texans' numbers), and add a full collar, like what the Bills and Pats have. The while horns look odd. White pants at home, gold on the road.

Yikes again! The source I got that font from wasn't calling it that font, but you're sure right. If that isn't the Texans' numbers, its a close rip. Can't believe I didn't catch that.

Here it is with new numbers. (Also added a stroke around the numbers.)

ram1_zpsf4riinkx.png

Another Rams' concept, this time inspired (sorta) from the color rush uniforms. Part of my continuing attempts to create a set of uniforms that would look like the beautiful 50's uniforms at home, and the also beautiful 80's road uniforms on the road.

Feedback appreciated.ram1_zpssyxefoa9.png

Holy :censored:, that looks GOOD....

Got a blue alt. coming, right?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Awesome! Thank you for doing one with a royal blue. I have been wanting to see one since these color rush unis came out. I give your design an 11 on 1-10 scale. You managed to make both the yellow/blue and white/blue people happy.

Only thing I can think of is that I'm currently torn between the gold/navy and blue/yellow days. Maybe keep the helmet and/or side numbers navy. I wish there was a way to fuse the two eras together like you have with the blue/white era but it seems impossible w/o looking like :censored: no matter which direction you go.

So well done!

I like it overall...I certainly am not used to a yellow "dark" jersey. But I guess there's no reason that could not work.

The traditional pants are as they should be (and property paired with the jerseys). While I don't love horns on the sleeves* I know there is tradition there and I can deal with it.

Therefore the only thing bugging me is the white horn on the home jersey. I find that it too strongly draws my eyes and becomes the focal point for me. It's kinda jarring. Thinking about the 1980s look, I believe the dark jersey (unlike the white) did not change sleeve colors. I think that model with a blue horn would work better here.

*I grew up with horns on the sleeves...and the idea never bugged me until I came to this board and started seeing concepts with Viking horns on the sleeves and decided that, for both teams, they really belong on the head and not the shoulders.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

While I don't love horns on the sleeves I know there is tradition there and I can deal with it.

I grew up with horns on the sleeves...and the idea never bugged me until I came to this board and started seeing concepts with Viking horns on the sleeves and decided that, for both teams, they really belong on the head and not the shoulders.

Yeah, I've never done a concept with sleeve horns either, for just that reason. The idea to me is that rams have just 2 horns, not 4, and they're on their heads, not shoulders. And Viking concepts with horns anywhere but the helmets are ridiculous. But, as someone pointed out to me, eagles have wings on their backs, not heads, and that never bothered me. And the shoulder horns are just so seemingly universally beloved that I decided to try it here.

Archived