zigzag

Toronto Maple Leafs to get new logo for 2016-2017 season

Jesus ! Looks like Russian letters

Not sure what Russian you've been reading, but that doesn't resemble any Cyrillic letter I know.

Maybe a Cyrillic Ge or Greek Gamma with a Latin F, but that wouldn't make sense.

"Toronto Subway" exists as a .TTF, though.

Neutraface is running rampant in Chicago. I'd like to see the L use it instead of Helvetica, which is too New York.

Is there a significance to the font choice?

Toronto Subway

20110117-subway_typeface.jpg

That is a thing of beauty...

I really really like this...

They should do this IMO.Good job Admiral,I'm sold on it.

I think the TTC font looks great. When I'm travelling from Yorkdale to Union. For the purposes of a hockey crest? No thanks. It's too thin; all that's needed is a simple block font.

Jesus ! Looks like Russian letters

Not sure what Russian you've been reading, but that doesn't resemble any Cyrillic letter I know.

Maybe a Cyrillic Ge or Greek Gamma with a Latin F, but that wouldn't make sense.

Okay then, just thought it looked like non western letters B)

Say, maybe the Leafs should move to the KHL, better chance of them winning a title overthere ?

:grin:

Rush SUCKS.

Rush's reach exceeded their grasp for the most part, but when they kept it radio-friendly, they were terrific. They're just an easy band to make fun of.

https://dribbble.com/shots/2403955-Maple-Leafs

Maple Leafs concept by our very own Brandon Moore/BrandMooreArt. Great work as usual. I think it would be cool if they went along the lines of something like this.

I really like the idea of working the city initial into the leaf. This would be a great shoulder patch/secondary.

Rush SUCKS.

Rush's reach exceeded their grasp for the most part, but when they kept it radio-friendly, they were terrific. They're just an easy band to make fun of.
My dad's always called them a rock band for nerds.

Man I can't wait to see what Rush's new jerseys look like!

No argument here, but is that bad? Nickelback is a rock band for not-nerds.

I bet Paul Ryan listens to Rush, though.

Man I can't wait to see what Rush's new jerseys look like!

needs fountainhead references, ya, i agree

I may get booed out of this thread but here goes...I am a big music geek and I do not know one song in the Rush catalog. Sorry Canada.

I'm not even a big Rush fan, his voice can be seriously grating, but this is a GREAT song...

No argument here, but is that bad? Nickelback is a rock band for not-nerds.
Not a bad thing at all, but it explains their existence and why they seem to be so divisive.

I've often wondered - what about the voice of Geddy Lee? How did it get so high? I wonder if he speaks like an ordinary guy?

Funny you mention that. I remember being shocked as a kid to find out the lead singer was a guy.

I've often wondered - what about the voice of Geddy Lee? How did it get so high? I wonder if he speaks like an ordinary guy?

I know him and he does!