Toronto Maple Leafs to get new logo for 2016-2017 season

zigzag

My concept from a number of years ago...

LeafsLogo.png

LeafsWC.png

LeafsUntouchableBlue.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Screen Shot 2016-01-30 at 12.38.55 PM.png

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

10 minutes ago, nash61 said:

Screen Shot 2016-01-30 at 12.38.55 PM.png

I'm hyped. I think a few people here would celebrate the death of Kabel, although I will sorta kinda miss it. :(

1967 leaf with the text from the 35-point block font centred properly?

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

11 minutes ago, Orgo said:

I'm hyped. I think a few people here would celebrate the death of Kabel, although I will sorta kinda miss it. :(

1967 leaf with the text from the 35-point block font centred properly?

That's not true block, but it is the most similar to the 35-point font. I was personally hoping for the 1967 font, but this is better than no font.

Leafs-Wordmark-Compare.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

No doubt anymore that the logo is going to look great, but what about the sweaters? :(

I personally want to see the alt. pattern become the home and the basis for the away. or maybe at the very least thicker stripes on the regular jerseys. 

But all I'm really hoping for is that the socks stay the same...:D

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

(sees logo)

(opens wallet)

Tis nice. They'll make a killing from me buying both the new stuff and the older stuff on clearance.

6 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

No doubt anymore that the logo is going to look great, but what about the sweaters? :(

I personally want to see the alt. pattern become the home and the basis for the away. or maybe at the very least thicker stripes on the regular jerseys. 

But all I'm really hoping for is that the socks stay the same...:D

Yup, I wouldn't mind the alt' striping pattern become the full-time uniform either.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Am I missing something? Isn't this just the old vintage leaf logo? It looks exactly like it. What did they change?

Now remember I'm not like you guys where you'll have pages and pages of heated discussions about the shape of the "n" inside the word Indianapolis or the removal of one little strip on the neck of a jersey.

I'm not the kind of guy who notices these things.

The Catch of the Day!

2 minutes ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

Am I missing something? Isn't this just the old vintage leaf logo? It looks exactly like it. What did they change?

Now remember I'm not like you guys were you'll have pages and pages of heated discussions about the shape of the "n" inside the word Indianapolis or the removal of one little strip on the neck of a jersey.

I'm not the kind of guy who notices these things.

The point is they are changing their primary logo and uniform.

They will no longer wear a uniform with this logo as their primary.

leafsDL8.jpg

I guess I'm in the minority that thinks the current simple leaf is a better logo than the 35-point version.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

48 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

There's a few thing changed about this Leaf, Octo.

1. Double Outline's gone

2. New font used

3. Shape of Leaf 

4. Stem isn't curved as much

Those are what I see, and this looks good. 

Too be honest with you. I was staring at the logo on the chest of the throwback jersey that "Point1" posted and compared it with the bottom leaf that "Dexter Morgan" posted and outside of the removal of the double outline nothing new really jumps out at me. The font looks the same.

The Catch of the Day!

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I guess I'm in the minority that thinks the current simple leaf is a better logo than the 35-point version.

I prefer it too. I also have no allegiance to the Maple Leafs, which I think may be part of the appeal of the new/old logo.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived