Toronto Maple Leafs to get new logo for 2016-2017 season

zigzag

23 minutes ago, DAKINS24 said:

Everything I have read from those who have seen it say it's a return to the old logo style of the 1960's.  That regressing back to an old logo style.

This feels much like they are throwing the logo progression from The 1970's onward into the trash.  Sure, fans will love it, as it whitewashes over the "Ballard Leaf" era, but why pick just one?  Why not celebrate all eras of the Leaf logo?

Celebrating all eras of the Leaf logo would look like the monstrosity below. It's never a good idea to combine logos. Improving/updating one logo is a much better idea. 

uQEWxJD.png

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DAKINS24 said:

You compared what I had said to the Jays re-branding in 2004, which isn't at all relevant to my point of a logo evolving with time, not devolving backwards.

You honestly make no sense...

The Jays went from their original logo, to a very modern look, then went back to their original logo with some modern tweaks.

The Leafs are DOING THE EXACT SAME THING and you can't seem to grasp that.

2 hours ago, uniguy22 said:

Celebrating all eras of the Leaf logo would look like the monstrosity below. It's never a good idea to combine logos. Improving/updating one logo is a much better idea. 

uQEWxJD.png

My thoughts exactly.  Too many cooks in the kitchen.  If the Icethetics mockup is close, they'll never need to change again.  No need to give the Ballard leaf a participation trophy.

2 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

Said no one ever.

Except the Buffalo Sabres.

I "liked" it, and yet I hate it. :mellow:

4 minutes ago, Heitert said:

I'm not sure which version I like better. They're both fantastic. 

I'll just have to wait to see the official release and a flat representation of the logo to make my judgments.

Agreed! The hoodie makes the logo look a bit distorted. I like that the veins are smaller on Icethetics' logo, though.

Can't wait to see the uniforms.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

4 minutes ago, mattwillcox said:

logos_b-w_620x350.jpg

It's extremely well crafted. There are going to be a lot of people in the general public who will think it's just the old logo, but everything from the kerning to the number of points sets this apart.

That's beautiful. I love that they've finally aligned the 'Toronto' part. Plus it seems like there's a bit more going on at the bottom too. Never thought I'd say this, but it looks better without the outline.

Even the Marlies look great!

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Archived