Toronto Maple Leafs to get new logo for 2016-2017 season

zigzag

Just now, MEANS said:

Yes

Well done good sir. I tip my hat to you. 

And thank you for helping my team get its barrings back after forty-six years. At least as far as the identity goes :P

Just now, jp1409 said:

I feel like they might want to go with northwestern stripes on the jersey but I sure hope it ends up exactly like you described. I just tought about it but what about the wordless current leaf as a shoulder patch? This would be the exact opposite of what they have right now and might look good. I'd love to see a mockup of it.

I wouldn't mind the triple stripes from the 1967-70 look but it's such a blip in their aesthetic history compared to the two stripe design. 

The wordless leaf as an alternate could work, but I feel it would be a bit repetitive. A block T could work to tie the Arenas' old identity into the current look. Which would be topical given that the Arenas throwbacks will be part of the 100th anniversary coming up.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, nash61 said:

According to TSN: 13 veins in top half for 13 Cups, 17 veins total for 1917, year the franchise was founded.

31 points on Leaf for 1931, the year Maple Leaf Gardens was built.

New-Toronto-Maple-Leafs-2016-2017-Logo-E

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I rather they sell navy while wearing royal (even if it is a darker royal) than have them go to navy just to sell navy merchandise. 

I would have preferred the older, lighter shade of royal but the current shade isn't bad by any means. 

If anyone needs to drop that shade of royal it's the Lightning :P 

I was trying to decide the appropriate way for a Sabres fan to buy a new hat, and I think the Marlies logo is the way to go. It's beautiful.

While trying to figure out what the heck that crown leaf was, I ended up at the Duke of Marlborough's Wikipedia page. The family's motto is "Fiel Pero Desdichado", which means "Faithful But Unhappy"... which describes a lot of sports fans.  It's a perfect fit.

Just now, Cosmic said:

I was trying to decide the appropriate way for a Sabres fan to buy a new hat, and I think the Marlies logo is the way to go. It's beautiful.

While trying to figure out what the heck that crown leaf was, I ended up at the Duke of Marlborough's Wikipedia page. The family's motto is "Fiel Pero Desdichado", which means "Faithful But Unhappy"... which describes a lot of sports fans.  It's a perfect fit.

Leafs fans in particular. We're the Catholic Church of NHL fandoms :P :upside: 

Just now, Ice_Cap said:

Leafs fans in particular. We're the Catholic Church of NHL fandoms :P :upside: 

Well, yeah. But I didn't want to kick you in your moment of glory tonight. :D

5 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

buy it at the sabres store, while carrying out a new sabres jersey as well :-P

Fun fact, along with 5/7 sabres jerseys I own, both leafs jerseys I own are from the Sabres store hahaha

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

18 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I rather they sell navy while wearing royal (even if it is a darker royal) than have them go to navy just to sell navy merchandise. 

I would have preferred the older, lighter shade of royal but the current shade isn't bad by any means. 

If anyone needs to drop that shade of royal it's the Lightening :P 

As a Habs fan I totally hate the fact that every single piece of their blue merchandise is navy (even clashing with the logo) and I thought the Leafs had a perfect occasion to own royal like they once did. The Tampa Maple Wings jumped on it but the Leafs should have stricken back.

This doesn't look right at all : 

http://lf.hatworld.com/hwl?set=sku[20534406],c[2],w[667],h[500]&load=url[file:product]

11 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

but it at the sabres store, while carrying out a new sabres jersey as well :-P

Fun fact, along with 5/7 sabres jerseys I own, both leafs jerseys I own are from the Sabres store hahaha

Not buying a Sabres jersey until some combination of a return to royal blue, ditching the silver outlines, or a throwback to the red/black.

My last jersey was from the Sabres Store... a $20 white slug Drury after he got traded.

Edit: After he left in free agency.

Is anyone else surprised at the difference between the leaked pic and the flat versions? The drawstrings covering some of the veins, the waviness, and the gray background all made me a little tiny sick to my stomach, thinking they had screwed the rebrand up. The "real" versions look amazing.

Archived