Toronto Maple Leafs to get new logo for 2016-2017 season

zigzag

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

B821691105Z.1_20140814185535_000_G131A60

I just noticed that the Legends Row Maple Leaf is a leaf that has never been used before. Is there a possibility this could be the direction they are going in or is it just a one off?

B821691105Z.1_20140814185535_000_G131A60

I just noticed that the Legends Row Maple Leaf is a leaf that has never been used before. Is there a possibility this could be the direction they are going in or is it just a one off?

should have kept it that way..

Maybe they'll add an upshadow to the numbers, contrast stitching, and a wordmark on the shorts pants.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That's what they have right now. I don't mind the 1970s geometricity (word?) of it because I always think of Toronto as having come of age in the 1970s, so wwhat may be dated for other cities works fine for them. I just loathe Kabel, that's all.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Contrived shapes and angles that stick out way longer than they need to. A modernization of one of the teams previous logos is really all that's needed.

My focus was on the aspect of what they said it would be, taking influences from the past, present, and future. I wanted to take a more detailed leaf (like their past logos) and make it angular (like their current logo) with a somewhat futuristic font. Saying "A modernization of one of the teams previous logos is really all that's needed" is irrelevant because that's not what they're going to do. They said it will be something completely new, not the same ol' same old. This concept is completely based on what they said it will be.

These are not good concepts. Lots of very contrived leaf shapes. I am not optimistic.

Thanks

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

one more tweak to this one, also focusing on "past, present, and future"

eenWPlT.png

past - going back to a lighter royal blue (matches the passion of Toronto)

present - keeping the current leaf shape/proportions, but with angles instead of curves (more ferocious!)

future - simplifying the text into a single T (hand crafted and hunting from the shadows)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I wonder if the Leafs could use Penumbra as their font like their half-sibling the Blue Jays do. It would also look similar to the new-old Maple Leaf Gardens marquee.

20111128-mlg-1950s-best-f1257_s1057_it74mlg4.jpg

Blue%20Jays_zpsestgv55y.gif

It'd work for me.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Contrived shapes and angles that stick out way longer than they need to. A modernization of one of the teams previous logos is really all that's needed.

My focus was on the aspect of what they said it would be, taking influences from the past, present, and future. I wanted to take a more detailed leaf (like their past logos) and make it angular (like their current logo) with a somewhat futuristic font. Saying "A modernization of one of the teams previous logos is really all that's needed" is irrelevant because that's not what they're going to do. They said it will be something completely new, not the same ol' same old. This concept is completely based on what they said it will be.

They said it would incorporate elements of the past and future... That can really mean anything. I think your concept strays too far from what were used to seeing them wear. Its not bad by any stretch, I don't think its the right move for the team to make.

I'm not feeling Brandon's concept, it's too forced and the leaf get's very wonky on each side.

your sides are wonky

nice, in the end you'll see that they actually aren't wonky at all. Come on Captain Critique, you can handle it.

LOL, im just bustin' your chops! i have no idea what i'm doing with hockey stuff honestly, i just wanted to do a design that would ruffle some hockey sticks

and I was busting yours too.

Archived