Go Red Sox!

Glad to see you back on these boards, Go Red Sox.

I do like this and think getting rid of the outlines on the A's is a big improvement. I do think some white would be good, though. Either the center or the lettering in the roundel could be white.

I also feel that the A's could be moved to the right a bit. Not sure without seeing it, but in the current logo--and your redesign--it looks unbalanced to the left.

award%20sig.png

Thanks for all your comments, guys.

My goal was to simplify the A's roundel logo. Firstly, because of too many outlines (circle, initial) and secondly because I wanted to create a two-colored logo. Since "The Green and Gold" is one of the A's nicknames, I found it very reasonable to give the club's primary mark a simplistic, sort of retro green-and-gold-look. I think it suits the A's pretty good, because it modernizes the logo while making it look a little more old-schoolish at the same time.

The "A's" initial was moved a notch to the right, as davidmiller5 suggested. That's the only change, because I want to stick to this color scheme.

Just for fun I placed the logo on the CCSL American League thread. I think it's a nice change color-wise, since the logo has only two colors and those two shades aren't blue or red or white.

CCSL_zpssnt0sbpo.png

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

I like it sans white. But given the white they use on their primary cap and their alt uniform, they may need it on their primary.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I like it sans white. But given the white they use on their primary cap and their alt uniform, they may need it on their primary.

Thanks, OnWis97.

The "A's" initial could easily be gold on the primary cap, while the green initial on the gold alternate uni could cope w/o a white outline. There's still plenty of color contrast.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

I like this, only question, would you add a white or gold keyline when the mark is on a green ground?

Thanks, MEANS. If it was inevitable, this would be the consequence – and I would prefer a gold keyline. But on a white or gold background the logo shouldn't have any outline – like the initial.

Archived