The current uniforms are a step down from the original set, but they're still reminiscent of it. The 1996 Cup Final was the first I remember watching, and I thought the rats on the ice were the coolest thing ever. I'm going to miss the current Panthers identity, even if they come out with something really nice.

I'll withhold full judgement until we see it, but my expectation is that this won't turn out totally great. I just don't see the Panthers as a team that can pull off a faux back type look. Maybe it's just because the inaugural sets were so great to begin with, I dunno. But every way I imagine what's being reported in my head just doesn't come out looking right, and certainly not as good as the inaugural sets.

Like I said though, that's just an expectation. I do hope they prove me wrong. For as much "IRRELEVANT! LOL" as Florida can get sometimes, they've actually had one of my favorite sports identities ever since I was a kid; I'm rooting for them to roll something good out, whatever that is.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I've always had a sweet spot for the Panthers. I had to do a project on an endangered species in grade 4, which happened to be the same time the franchise was born. It was a great identity, their jerseys were great, they had some players I liked (Mellanby, Vanbiesbrouck, Skrudland, etc.) and the animal itself was pretty cool (I don't think it's endangered anymore). They instantly became my "team B".

Unfortunately, given the recent track record down in the design department, I'm preparing for the worst. I have a feeling their going to try something innovative, and it will be a colossal failure.

sig.png

What do you mean Morgo

It's going to be a paw-print in a roundel with "Florida Panthers Hockey Club" written around it. The roundel will be placed on two horizontal stripes, metallic gold will be eliminated and so will the 'palm tree' shoulder patches to instil "Timelessness." :rolleyes:. It'll probably ape striping from an original six team and save it's only unique element for the 'Hanger Effect' no one can see. "We can barely fill our arena but we're a traditional hockey club too... just like the Toronto Bay Maple Bolts!"

eagle-copy.jpg

It's supposed to be based on this but with a panther. Maybe Brian Burke will take offense that people are stealing bad ideas from him and piss on their bathroom floor.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

^nope

Yeah this is most likely going to be a major disappointment. I like what they have now. It not perfect, but it has its own character, and is not derivative or trying to replicate anything. It's unique and distinctive and the full body panther is a modern day classic. As soon as you lose that, you lose half the strength of their identity IMO. Yeah, not looking forward to the change.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Has it been confirmed anywhere that they're even changing? They definitely need a new template - the vertical stripe + horizontal stripe sleeve conbo is horrible.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived