Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

The Hall of Fame game is tomorrow night and we're just over a month to the start of the season. It seems like the NFL is really taking its time in unveiling the color rush uniforms. I'm really surprised we haven't seen anything yet.

You should not be.

Part of (well, most of) the idea behind color rush is to generate excitement for the stupid Thursday night games.  So it would make sense for them to have unveiling events the week of each game just to generate "hype" for the game.

Whether it plays out like that is beyond me - I'm sure some teams will show at their own discretion, but it should be expected that there's not a pre-season reveal of all the sets.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

You should not be.

Part of (well, most of) the idea behind color rush is to generate excitement for the stupid Thursday night games.  So it would make sense for them to have unveiling events the week of each game just to generate "hype" for the game.

Whether it plays out like that is beyond me - I'm sure some teams will show at their own discretion, but it should be expected that there's not a pre-season reveal of all the sets.

That actually makes a ton of sense. I was thinking that the NFL would want them announced preseason because it would increase the color rush jersey sales, but announcing new ones every week could definitely draw in viewers. I'm just surprised because we have heard nothing about color rush for this year other than that it exists. I would've expected some kind of leaks or announcements or something.

21 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

That actually makes a ton of sense. I was thinking that the NFL would want them announced preseason because it would increase the color rush jersey sales, but announcing new ones every week could definitely draw in viewers. I'm just surprised because we have heard nothing about color rush for this year other than that it exists. I would've expected some kind of leaks or announcements or something.

Steelers wearing black against the colts, Carolina wearing blue against the saints, Colts probably going white in that case, and saints going black, slight possibility of gold, it was covered in the NFL weekly page.

Yeah - if you look at each teams' announced jerseys for the year (the teams already have told the league what color they plan to wear every week, and several teams post that on their sites) you can at least figure out what their color rush main color is.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, dont care said:

Steelers wearing black against the colts, Carolina wearing blue against the saints, Colts probably going white in that case, and saints going black, slight possibility of gold, it was covered in the NFL weekly page.

Early shot of the Colts color rush.

CBgpxZhWwAA0Jae.png

Never knew lions wore the red but after reading this 

One notable aspect of this season was their use of maroon and black uniforms instead of the traditional honolulu blue and silver, due to head coach Bo McMillin, obviously influenced by his years as coach at Indiana. They would return to honolulu blue and silver the following season.

it just shows how much the NFL has grown...this would never happen now days. I expect this to happen as shock from Nike and a chance to make some extra $$ and there is not much more to do with the colors of Detroit that hasn't been done

As far as I know, the Madden developers have been completely silent about the existence of Color Rush uniforms in Madden 17 this year, which probably means they got all of this years uniforms in the game and can't say anything. I predict there will be a marketing thing between EA Sports and Nike for the Color Rush reveal.

As we all here at CCSLC know, video games leaks are a common thing and it might very well happen with Madden this year.

bSLCtu2.png

Nike sells a style of shorts that mimic the designs of game pants called speed vent shorts. Many of last years designs match the game pants (with some notable exceptions) this year there seems to be more unique colors. Seahawks green, Patriots red, Chiefs and Vikings yellow, Bucs pewter, Jags teal, Titans powder blue, etc. Many of these may just be merchandise colors to make different styles than last year but some of the choices are at the least very interesting. 

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

17 hours ago, kcchiefsfan said:

Nike sells a style of shorts that mimic the designs of game pants called speed vent shorts. Many of last years designs match the game pants (with some notable exceptions) this year there seems to be more unique colors. Seahawks green, Patriots red, Chiefs and Vikings yellow, Bucs pewter, Jags teal, Titans powder blue, etc. Many of these may just be merchandise colors to make different styles than last year but some of the choices are at the least very interesting. 

Just checked that link and noticed that neither of the Eagles shorts matched their game pants (neither the green nor black). 

7 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Just checked that link and noticed that neither of the Eagles shorts matched their game pants (neither the green nor black). 

I just clicked that link and saw shorts were $75.

also, bucs didn't match even though it would be super hard since the striping is so low on their pants...and the fly xl shorts have the old flag.

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived