Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jp1409 said:

Considering the one alt rule I'd say they did...

I don't know what their Color Rush will be this year, but it is independent of the typical alternate rules. They could still keep it in addition to the normal blue and yellow throwback.

On August 14, 2016 at 5:26 PM, aawagner011 said:

I don't know what their Color Rush will be this year, but it is independent of the typical alternate rules. They could still keep it in addition to the normal blue and yellow throwback.

But there's no reason to believe that they could wear it outside of their regularly-scheduled Color Rush games. 

On 8/13/2016 at 9:32 AM, jmac11281 said:

That could be so much worse. But from what I've heard, the mustard was hated by Ravens fans.

Yes, yes it was.

Also, with black helmets, all mustard would look too Steeleresque (even though the Ravens gold doesn't actually match the Steelers "gold")

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Go with mustard numbers and the pants would fit in better. 

Let vikings be the purple and white team. Ravens can be the purple and mustard (and black) team. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think the presence of black throughout the Ravens uniforms is more than enough to distinguish them from the Vikings.

That said, part of what helped in that respect was the Vikings playing home games outdoors the past few seasons.  Their purple jerseys look (seem?) much brighter than the Ravens jerseys in the daylight.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

8 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

If the Rams ARE wearing blue for Color Rush this year, I'm calling my shot right now: THE HELMETS WILL HAVE WHITE HORNS. I mean, those horns ARE easily changeable decals...

I hate to be a stick in the mud, but what is this love for the 1964-1972 Rams uniforms. I like Gabriel #18 and the foursome, but man! I see those uniforms have history, but they look identical to the Colts and pretty bland!

5 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

I hate to be a stick in the mud, but what is this love for the 1964-1972 Rams uniforms. I like Gabriel #18 and the foursome, but man! I see those uniforms have history, but they look identical to the Colts and pretty bland!

Not really, the Colts are more royal whereas those rams uniforms were on the navy side. Also many teams share similar colors like the Giants and Bills.

23 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

Not really, the Colts are more royal whereas those rams uniforms were on the navy side. Also many teams share similar colors like the Giants and Bills.

(NFL): Bills, Giants, Patriots, Texans, Titans (the old Oilers as well), (MLB): Braves, Dodgers, Twins, Rangers, Nationals, Indians, Cubs, Phillies/Quakers, Angels, Cardinals, Red Sox, Blue Jays (to some extent; but isn't the Blue Jays a Canadian team? So is the Winnipeg Jets), (NHL): Jets, N.Y. Rangers, Capitals, Panthers, Blue Jackets, Canadiens, Canucks (Why did they ditch royal blue and Kelly green? :( ), Avalanche, and any other team in the WHOLE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA DOES WEAR THE AMERICAN FLAG COLORS!

But you got to understand, certain teams with the red, white, and blue put a different spin on it.

For example:

Bills use more royal blue and white and red is like a second thought.

Patriots have silver added to the red, white, and blue. But, the blue is navy blue. Red used to be interchangeable.

The Braves use navy blue, crimson (darker red), and white.

Oilers type of blue they used was Columbia blue.

Giants is called big blue, so they have blue with the red and white, but grey is interchangeable.

The Capitals put more emphasis on red and navy blue more so than white. I wish they add metallic silver blue into their arsenal.

I have no problem with the red, white, and blue.

Red and white flows well because with the old Cardinals (NFL) uniform, you didn't really need much only for the road whites which adds black into it. The Jets added black in 1990 which added flavor to the green. Both Cardinals and Jets knew how to utilize it better than other teams who go into this nightmarish BFBS crap!

The 1964-1972 Rams and plus the Colts have nothing to follow with as to if you want to add silver to the Colts which was 1982-1986, it came out really bad because they were trying to keep the old Colts looks. So for anyone who says the Colts never changed their uniforms will have to remember 1982-1986 when they tried to experiment on the silver pants and silver additions. In 1995, they tried again with blue pants and then it was ditch. I thought the blue pants with white jerseys over was really neat. I am just glad they didn't mess with some mono type uniform style.

The Rams is better off with a third color supporting it.

^it'll be interesting to see if teams start wearing colors that don't even "belong" to them once they run out of ideas. like inspired by throwback jerseys or defunct teams. idk how i'd feel about it, it'd almost be like "clash" uniforms in soccer, where the team ends up wearing a completely random color that isn't found in their home color palette.

Here are the guidelines the NFL gave Nike in terms of the Color Rush.

• Teams can use any color that has been in their color palette at any point in their history.
  • They can use any Uniform design that they used in their entire history
  • The can mix and match these however they like.
  • From jersey to cleats uniform has to be primarily monochromatic

They originally had thought about doing "Throwback Thursdays" but that would not work as not all teams have a Throwback option (Texans, Panthers). They could not have both the Texans and the Titans throwback to an Oilers look and the Panthers have only a slight tweak to their logo so the color rush idea was where they went. Some teams have the option to go with a fairly accurate throwback under the color rush guidelines if they decided to, but it also give teams the option to go with a throwback design with current colors, current design with throwback colors, etc and provided more options especially for teams that do not have the ability to throwback. Also the one helmet rules which the NFL has no plans on changing anytime soon prevents some teams from going throwback. Lastly, teams can veto and have final say on anything that Nike presents them. So there you have it.

20 minutes ago, Chico said:

From a video the Jets posted with their equipment manager

Doc2_Image_1.jpg

Doc2.jpg

That's gonna look pretty stupid without a green outline around the white oval shape. A white sticker on a white helmet shell just looks really odd without anything separating the white of the decal from the white of the helmet shell.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

12 minutes ago, jgiff17 said:

If the NFL is going waaaaayyy back would there be anyway the Texans could color rush with some world football league hoiston Texans colors? 

image.gif

I'm gonna say little to none, I can bet the original owners still own the trademarks to those logos. 

Archived