Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

4 minutes ago, dont care said:

I'm gonna say little to none, I can bet the original owners still own the trademarks to those logos. 

Not only that the but the guidelines state it has to be a colors/logos/uniforms from the Franchsie's history not the City who might have had other teams. This is due to the fact that even if not used anymore the Franchise still has the rights to the old logos and such and as don't care stated they wouldn't have the rights to these other logos.

10 hours ago, StrongXStyle said:

can trademarks expired?

Even if the trademark is expired the defunct franchise/organization may still have rights in common law, even though their federal registration is no longer alive. You should also keep in mind that the actual artwork in the logo may be protected under Copyright Law as well.

On 8/19/2016 at 3:59 PM, Chico said:

From a video the Jets posted with their equipment manager

Doc2_Image_1.jpg

Doc2.jpg

Interesting in that it looks much more "throwbackish" than the chromed out Jets logo for last year's color rush. Could the jerseys be a little more retro inspired this year rather than more modern? I guess we'll know soon enough  

On 8/19/2016 at 2:59 PM, Chico said:

From a video the Jets posted with their equipment manager

Doc2_Image_1.jpg

Doc2.jpg

That helmet is a throwback to 1964 (the only year they wore it). I don't see that anyone has pointed that out yet.

1 hour ago, andycumbee19 said:

I'm sure it is.... I'm just curious about the placement being so horrible.

The placement was horrible and the logo was difficult to see in both media and print. That is most likely why it was changed for the start of the 1965 season. The Jets did have the oval upwards slant from 64-71. 1972 was the first season the logo was straight on the helmet. 

1964_b10.jpg

tumblr_llcpvwGz5d1qfoeuto1_400.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It's too easy to guess the Color Rush colors and "report" it as inside info. I don't think we can take anyone posting on Reddit, Twitter, etc. serious unless they provide truly compelling evidence. So far every single one of the "leaks" has been bogus. 

4 minutes ago, BlazerBlaze said:

So I take it the Bronco's Panthers game this week isn't going to be CR?

No, because the Panthers CR this season is blue, but they are wearing white according to their 2016 uniform schedule.

EDIT: Also, I need to post this in the NFL Changes thread, because if you scroll all the way down there is a logo of a panther on top of SC making the shape of NC. Interesting...