Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, goforbroke said:

a little bird gave me the scoop on the Giants .... I wish I could give you more info but all I can say is it's a good one.  They did it right.   

Well let's see. By color rush standards, and considering they're not using the reds anymore, it's gotta be BBB right? Unless it's BBR or a throwback variation.

8 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

Well let's see. By color rush standards, and considering they're not using the reds anymore, it's gotta be BBB right? Unless it's BBR or a throwback variation.

The last Style Guide sheet I had seen showed that the Giants still have the red alternates.

But yet again the same style guide have the Bears with Orange pants as well.

On September 5, 2016 at 8:35 PM, goforbroke said:

a little bird gave me the scoop on the Giants .... I wish I could give you more info but all I can say is it's a good one.  They did it right.   

If the rumors of red on the style guides are correct, I'll guess the 1930 Red jersey/Royal yolk because of the stupid one helmet rule. That jersey had a plain navy helmet, so could work with the current helmet. That jersey also started the R/W/B tradition and red was the primary color in the early years from that point on.

The 1933 Habs-esqe jersey may not be do-able because of the spider stripes helmet that would be required to complete the look. If they did 1930 jersey right, they'll have tan/beige pants.

The other option I could see is the 1975 stripes jersey, but it wouldn't look right without the 1975 uppercase NY stripes helmet.

NYCdog.png

6 hours ago, NYCdog said:

If the rumors of red on the style guides are correct, I'll guess the 1930 Red jersey/Royal yolk because of the stupid one helmet rule. That jersey had a plain navy helmet, so could work with the current helmet. That jersey also started the R/W/B tradition and red was the primary color in the early years from that point on.

The 1933 Habs-esqe jersey may not be do-able because of the spider stripes helmet that would be required to complete the look. If they did 1930 jersey right, they'll have tan/beige pants.

The other option I could see is the 1975 stripes jersey, but it wouldn't look right without the 1975 uppercase NY stripes helmet.

Everything but the helmet has to be the same color in color rush, so no tan pants, also they could easily change out the decals on the helmet if they did the 75 uniforms, or even 33 uniforms. It would just look weird with their metallic paint trying to replicate an old leather helmet design.

3 hours ago, dont care said:

Everything but the helmet has to be the same color in color rush, so no tan pants, also they could easily change out the decals on the helmet if they did the 75 uniforms, or even 33 uniforms. It would just look weird with their metallic paint trying to replicate an old leather helmet design.

Could do an all red Color Rush look, but with royal blue yolk/white numerals as a nod to the 1930 jersey. 

NYCdog.png

11 hours ago, NYCdog said:

I think Tohasbo was referring to the 2007 red jerseys, which are still technically part of the team's official style guide even though there are no plans to ever wear it again. So he was saying that technically red could be their color rush uniform as its still part of their style guide, satisfying NFL/Nike's requirements.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

4 hours ago, NYCdog said:

Could do an all red Color Rush look, but with royal blue yolk/white numerals as a nod to the 1930 jersey. 

Sorry, common mistake and irrational pet peeve of mine: it's "yoke".   From the wooden beam placed around the necks of animals. 

blog-yoke.jpg

Archived