Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

58 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

Yuck. The 2000s side panels will still be there.

Not from what I've heard... it is all white only stripes and numbers are in black.

So here is what I heard for all 32. Breaks down in order uni color/uni style/helmet. Just rumored take it with a grain of salt but my source is normally pretty good. Also remember that for the Uni style it is what it is based on.

Bears - Navy/Current/Current
Bengals - White/Current style throwback numbers/Current
Bills - Red/Current/Current
Broncos - Orange/Throwback/Throwbackish
Browns - Brown/Throwback/Current
Buccaneers - Red/Current/Current (Might have another option as their TNF game is against Falcons who are also rumored to have red)
Cardinals - Black/Current, but different from normal black alt/Current but tweeked
Chargers - Royal blue/Current/Current but with yellow facemask
Chiefs - Red/Current/Current
Colts - Blue/Current/Current
Cowboys - White/Throwback/Current
Dolphins - Orange/Current/Current
Eagles - Black/Current/Current
Falcons - Red/Current/Current (Might have another option as their TNF game is against Bucs who are also rumored to have red)
49ers - Black/Current/Current
Giants - White/Throwback/Throwback
Jaguars - Gold/Current/Current
Jets - Green/Current/Current but tweeked (Might have also have an all white option for the Bills game)
Lions - Black/Current/Current
Packers - White/Current/Current
Panthers - Blue/Current/Current
Patriots - Blue/Current-Historic hybrid/Current
Raiders - White/Throwback/Current
Rams - Yellow/Throback/Current
Ravens - Purlpe/Current but different from normal purple/Current
Reskins - Yellow/Current/Current
Saints - White/Throwback/Current
Seahawks - Lime Green/Current/Current
Steelers - Black/Current style throwback numbers/Current
Texans - Blue/Current but different from normal blue/Current
Titans - Blue/Current/Current
Vikings - Purlpe/Current but different from normal purple/Current

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Bengals are going with a White Tiger inspired uniform for one of their Thursday games. Maybe for the other TNF game they will wear all black for a Harambe tribute?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-reveal-uniforms-for-week-1-at-new-york/

"The team will reveal their 2016 color rush uniforms at the Cincinnati Zoo in front of the white tiger exhibit. The location should be taken as a hint, Bengals fans."

I'm sorry for the Harambe joke, I couldn't help it.

Your Cincinnati Jungle Kats!

HPIM1102.jpg

It's where I sit.

16 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Yeah - now that the Yankees are done telling the league to piss off and defending their brand, it's nice to see that there is still at least one club feels that their brand is worth more than some silly promotion.  Even if the uniforms they're protecting kinda suck.

I dont think its just stubbornness - but if the redskins lost their right to merchandise their own brand, then why should the NFL/Nike be able to profit off them?

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

HPIM1102.jpg

Ken Griffey Jr was one of the primary owners of this awful idea. 

4 hours ago, canzman said:

My source says yes... rumor is current style uni in all white with black throwback numbers and current helmet due to the one helmet rule.

So "throwback numbers" means...block numbers? They've only ever worn a block font, a champion block font, a block font again, and then the awful current font. If it's some fauxback booolshet font I'll be upset. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

4 hours ago, canzman said:

Not from what I've heard... it is all white only stripes and numbers are in black.

So here is what I heard for all 32. Breaks down in order uni color/uni style/helmet. Just rumored take it with a grain of salt but my source is normally pretty good. Also remember that for the Uni style it is what it is based on.

Bears - Navy/Current/Current
Bengals - White/Current style throwback numbers/Current
Bills - Red/Current/Current
Broncos - Orange/Throwback/Throwbackish
Browns - Brown/Throwback/Current
Buccaneers - Red/Current/Current (Might have another option as their TNF game is against Falcons who are also rumored to have red)
Cardinals - Black/Current, but different from normal black alt/Current but tweeked
Chargers - Royal blue/Current/Current but with yellow facemask
Chiefs - Red/Current/Current
Colts - Blue/Current/Current
Cowboys - White/Throwback/Current
Dolphins - Orange/Current/Current
Eagles - Black/Current/Current
Falcons - Red/Current/Current (Might have another option as their TNF game is against Bucs who are also rumored to have red)
49ers - Black/Current/Current
Giants - White/Throwback/Throwback
Jaguars - Gold/Current/Current
Jets - Green/Current/Current but tweeked (Might have also have an all white option for the Bills game)
Lions - Black/Current/Current
Packers - White/Current/Current
Panthers - Blue/Current/Current
Patriots - Blue/Current-Historic hybrid/Current
Raiders - White/Throwback/Current
Rams - Yellow/Throback/Current
Ravens - Purlpe/Current but different from normal purple/Current
Reskins - Yellow/Current/Current
Saints - White/Throwback/Current
Seahawks - Lime Green/Current/Current
Steelers - Black/Current style throwback numbers/Current
Texans - Blue/Current but different from normal blue/Current
Titans - Blue/Current/Current
Vikings - Purlpe/Current but different from normal purple/Current

Looks like America's Team is still obsessed with white as their primary jersey color. Also weren't both the Pats and Titans going with red CR ensembles; and wasn't there chatter about the Texans' CR uniform being done up in "Oiler" blue?

1 minute ago, msubulldog said:

Also weren't both the Pats and Titans going with red CR ensembles; and wasn't there chatter about the Texans' CR uniform being done up in "Oiler" blue?

Not from what I've been informed. I was told though that if the teams "normal" color rush wasn't all white that each team will have a secondary all white option in the case of color blind issue match-ups (Jets/Bills) or if both teams have the same color for the color rush match up the away team would then wear the all white option.

Texans/Pats both have blue so Texans would wear white for that one. Falcons/Bucs both have red so Falcons would wear white. Cardinals/49ers both have black so Cardinals would wear white.

What is interesting with this is if the NFL really only are having TNF games as color rush then the Falcons and Cardinals will not get to wear their "normal" color rush this year.

Also word was the NFL said all 32 would participate in color rush but then that means that Washington and Detroit will have to wear color rush on a non TNF game. My guess is Thanksgiving or they just won't wear them this year.

4 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

HPIM1102.jpg

This can be a good uniform for the Bengals. Just ditch the side panels. Add orange with black stripes on sleeves. Thin black border on the shoulder of the sleeves to break the orange away from the rest of the jersey being orange. Ditch those stupid Ken Griffie Jr. numbers and use the numbers the Bengals are currently using, but with black trim and not some shadow block crap.

The helmets on those look stupid and I rather the Cincinnati Bengals helmets, but in white. If they do a Orange, Black, and White scheme, then this uniform can work. Just ditch the stupidity that is around the uniforms and we got a good uni!

On 8/19/2016 at 7:02 PM, jgiff17 said:

If the NFL is going waaaaayyy back would there be anyway the Texans could color rush with some world football league hoiston Texans colors? 

image.gif

I wish the Houston Texans use this. I have been hankering to plaster this in navy blue and red all over Texans fan's cars to know where the team comes from. I LOVE THIS LOGO!!!

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

Why are the Chargers royal blue for color rush? Throwback, great, but for color rush seems an odd decision.

Throwback color. Color rush guidelines state teams can use any designs and colors from the team history and mix and match anyway they like. So they chose current design but with a throwback color.

1 hour ago, canzman said:

Falcons/Bucs both have red so Falcons would wear white. Cardinals/49ers both have black so Cardinals would wear white.

I really hope the Bucs have the ace in the back pocket of a pewter color rush set.

Archived