Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not see a team going with their primary jerseys and just going monochrome. For example the Jets went Kelly Green instead of their usual all hunter. The Falcons would not go all red with their same home jersey as they would not be able to sell jerseys. I could see them going all red with a different jersey design or throwback, similar to the bucs.

I do not see a team going with their primary jerseys and just going monochrome. For example the Jets went Kelly Green instead of their usual all hunter. The Falcons would not go all red with their same home jersey as they would not be able to sell jerseys. I could see them going all red with a different jersey design or throwback, similar to the bucs.

The Panthers just wore their normal blue jersey, which of course is as readily available as the black ones. However, the Panthers have only worn one uniform their entire history, so they had nothing to base a fauxback off of. I guess the test will be the Bronocs and Bengals, who could both introduce orange pants to be worn with existing jerseys.

The Titans used an existing jersey and pants. Were the Columbia Blue socks new? The only thing special about the event was that particular combination.

Pretty sure that, aside from Color rush, they won't wear these anymore.

If the Packers make this a throwback game, I'll be okay with it.

If it's just a one-off alternate jersey, I'm going to be pretty pissed.

Being the Packers, I'd lean towards using some sort of throwback rather than a one-off of their current set. I'd expect the same for a team like the Raiders as well.

I forgot about the Titans. And yes, the light blue socks were new. I guess the Titans were in the same spot as the Panthers, though, since they've only worn one set under this name and weren't going to wear anything Oilers.

For the record, they actually did wear Oilers throwbacks for a couple games in 2009.

Why is this a thing now? What's the official reason for this being mandatory?

Because these uniforms will make you 29% more competitive. Duh!

#nikemarketing

And of course it contains 10% more less and is absolutely indistiniguishable from a dead crab...Oh wait, that's Whizzo Butter.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

I forgot about the Titans. And yes, the light blue socks were new. I guess the Titans were in the same spot as the Panthers, though, since they've only worn one set under this name and weren't going to wear anything Oilers.

For the record, they actually did wear Oilers throwbacks for a couple games in 2009.

If my memory serves me correct, didn't the Titans dress as Oilers vs the Jets dressed as Titans?

KISSwall09.jpg

If my memory serves me correct, didn't the Titans dress as Oilers vs the Jets dressed as Titans?

Yup.

ebee58c4003ecad2087c680df32c1e03-getty-8

God that Oilers set is a thing of beauty. I think this was 2009. They also wore the columbia blue throwbacks as well. I do not think they wore both versions during the same season though.

normal_Chris-Johnson-Buffalo%2BBills%2Bv

Yup.

God that Oilers set is a thing of beauty. I think this was 2009 but I also know the Titans wore the columbia blue throwbacks as well. I do not think they wore both versions during the same season though.

2009. They were allowed to wear two throwbacks as part of the 50th anniversary of the AFL

Yup.

God that Oilers set is a thing of beauty. I think this was 2009 but I also know the Titans wore the columbia blue throwbacks as well. I do not think they wore both versions during the same season though.

2009. They were allowed to wear two throwbacks as part of the 50th anniversary of the AFL

You can tell by the anniversary patch they're wearing on the chest.

I bet Nike is absolutely drooling at the idea of getting the Seahawks in all-"action green". I'm sure those jerseys would sell like hot cakes in Seattle.

The last time they did that, the jerseys were not well-received.

Seahawks+Green.jpg

It could have been better if it wasn't a 1pm PDT kickoff. Would've been better to see it at night instead of the bright sun. That as well could have played a huge factor.

Yes, but that was a special situation. I can't see them doing a color rush based off an old name from an old city.
OldRomanSig2.jpg

I bet Nike is absolutely drooling at the idea of getting the Seahawks in all-"action green". I'm sure those jerseys would sell like hot cakes in Seattle.

The last time they did that, the jerseys were not well-received.

Seahawks+Green.jpg

It could have been better if it wasn't a 1pm PDT kickoff. Would've been better to see it at night instead of the bright sun. That as well could have played a huge factor.

Navy pants and sleeves with the slate blue helmet didn't do them any favors either. But the jersey itself was nice.

Would the Raiders wear all black or all silver?

They'd do what they always do and tell the NFL to get dicked.

If Al Davis were still alive he'd never let the NFL dictate to him by having the Raiders go monochrome black, white, or silver.

He'd only do throwback '63, '64, or 1970 ... I'm sure of it.

He'd tell the NFL to get ****** with this color-rush BS.

Paul Lukas is reporting that the Bears color rush next year will be mono-navy and not mono-orange.

So this except with all navy socks/cleats:

ChicagoBearsHome2.jpg

Are the Color Rash games next year all going to be divisional games? Cause if the Lions go all black, the Vikings and Packers will both have to be in all yellow. Yikes.

Archived