Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Sportscenter said:

Understandable, don't need a bunch of new team identities for these Thursday games. What are the guidelines on using a secondary logo. Say if Denver would've introduced that as a secondary logo this summer would they been able to use it?

Anything pre-existing in the way of logos including secondary or historic could be used. They just can't introduce something new with the color rush.

Just now, joshey said:

I thought there was a rule against mutliple helmets?  Not a complaint though, they're beautiful (Giants). Love the set. 

The rule has to do with the helmet shell. It is the same helmet shell just different decals and facemask.

1 minute ago, joshey said:

I thought there was a rule against mutliple helmets?  Not a complaint though, they're beautiful (Giants). Love the set. 

It's the same helmet. Different facemask, new decals.

6uXNWAo.png

Regarding colorblindedness and colors clashing:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17536350/nike-unveils-color-rush-uniforms-addresses-conflicts-colorblind

"Other teams that will wear white include the Browns -- since their all-brown uniforms would blend with the Ravens' purple -- and the Rams against the Seahawks -- since distinguishing yellow from green would be an issue."

"Other teams will wear all white on the field because their primary Color Rush color is the same as their opponent's. The Falcons will wear white against the Buccaneers, the Cardinals will wear white against the 49ers, and the Texans will wear white against the Patriots."

Also the Lions, Colts and 'Skins are out due to it being Thanksgiving:

"Three teams won't wear the Color Rush jerseys on the field -- the Colts, the Redskins and the Lions -- because the Thanksgiving games aren't part of the Color Rush program this season."

bSLCtu2.png

Giants will wear the same helmet, just peeling off the "ny" decals and putting on the GIANTS ones.

Also, the new "cheap" jerseys, called "Legend" jerseys, are listed on the Seahawks' shop as "100% Cotton." Either that's a typo, or these are $80 t-shirts.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

5 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Giants will wear the same helmet, just peeling off the "ny" decals and putting on the GIANTS ones.

Also, the new "cheap" jerseys, called "Legend" jerseys, are listed on the Seahawks' shop as "100% Cotton." Either that's a typo, or these are $80 t-shirts.

Geez. Someone post a pic when they find one. Should be available in team shops now. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, Cujo said:

It's the same helmet. Different facemask, new decals.

Why is this so GD hard for people to understand?

Anyways, I LOVE the Bengals color rush uniform and I think we got one of the better CR sets, which is funny because our primary uniforms are such trash. I was dreading a hideous all orange getup so I'm both relieved and happy with what we got. Love those numbers. I hope they replace the stupid font they use on the regular jerseys, except with an orange outline. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

22 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

http://nflshop.frgimages.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productImages%2f_2475000%2fff_2475478_full.jpg&w=600

mets.png

Just now, VDizzle12 said:

I don't know why they couldn't just wear all orange. Browns can't even do color rush right.

I take back my comment as apparently it has a color-blindness effect for brown and purple.

But yes, orange I would think is contrast enough to the purple.

Archived