Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Saints and Giants (Giants need to make these their road jerseys ASAP) are my favorites. Raiders are really nice too. Bengals are ruined by the one helmet rule, but other wise nice.

If you ignore mono and just base it off the jersey, I really like Broncos, Patriots and Seahawks. Digging the throwback light navy (dark royal?) for the Chargers, but it still doesn't hold a candle to the powder blues.

(Again, ignoring mono) Browns and Falcons are better than their regular jerseys.

Like the Panthers and Cowboys as carry overs from last year.

Redskins are trash.

33 minutes ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

A look at New England's Limited jersey

CsPHywlWcAEzHWZ.jpg:large

Meh. It's ok. It honestly looks like one of the jerseys you can buy for $49.99 at Sears or something, though. Thank Christ they didn't go with red though.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Sweet.

I wonder if the game will allow mixing and matching of Color Rush elements with parts of regular uniforms. Might be cool to see the Seahawks' neon green jerseys with the regular blue pants, or the Panthers' blue pants with the black jerseys.

41 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Fanatics.com is listing the Legend jersey as 100% Polyester...probably still more like a t-shirt cut but more like jersey material.

http://www.fanatics.com/NFL_Tampa_Bay_Buccaneers_Mens_Jerseys/menssizes/xxl/Jameis_Winston_Tampa_Bay_Buccaneers_Nike_Color_Rush_Legend_Jersey_-_Red

They just changed that.  Weird!  It seems like I just checked a few minutes ago (seems more recent than 40 minutes) and the Legend jerseys were all 100% cotton.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 minutes ago, Captain Poncho said:

Anyone notice the size of the "D" logo in the Broncos' mockup is absolutely huge?  As in, Tampa Bay style huge?

Probably just for effect in the photo.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Minor tweak for Tampa. They upgraded to the Vapor Untouchable template and also dropped the pewter shoulder stripes. Really disappointed about teams having to wear their normal away jerseys for clashes. Mostly because I was looking forward to the Falcons wearing something other than their Arena Football set. Should make an all white version for these circumstances.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Can we talk about what crap this is. They knew for a while what the match up was going to be, they couldn't foresee this problem back in June? Does it really take that long to swap red for black or white and make an actual jersey?

Even if the Jerseys got approved before the schedule, then the schedule guys messed up bad by purposely scheduling teams wearing the same color. or in the Browns and Ravens case, two teams wearing dark earth tones. Freaking idiots. 

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

I think my favorite individual color rush matchup will end up being Broncos vs. Chargers. Although the powder blue is still better than the royal of the Chargers' color rush, they managed to make the helmet infinitely better by having the single outline on the bolts and swapping out the navy facemask for a yellow one as a nice throwback touch to the royal blue days. And the jerseys and pants are actually pretty nice too and miles better than what I would expect considering they used the modern template. The Broncos on the other hand hit it out of their park with their color rush (it still sucks it has to be mono-orange) and I really have no complaints. Orange vs. royal blue will be a very nice color contrast and the yellow on the Chargers' uniforms will add even more color. As far as individual uniforms go, my favorite hands down is that of the Saints. Absolutely gorgeous. The Giants and Raiders also look pretty outstanding in my mind, and some of the best colored looks belong to the Patriots (silver helmet aside), the Falcons (it really sucks they probably won't get to wear it), the Steelers and Rams (again, shame the Rams won't get to wear it again this year).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

What's bad is the fact that teams like the Eagles, or 49ers didn't get anything new...like at all.

This is really disappointing due to the options both teams had available (49ers all white or red) (Eagles all green or a mid night green throwback) but just got stuck with uniforms they already had.

Dissapionting.

56 minutes ago, BlazerBlaze said:

Can we talk about what crap this is. They knew for a while what the match up was going to be, they couldn't foresee this problem back in June? Does it really take that long to swap red for black or white and make an actual jersey?

Even if the Jerseys got approved before the schedule, then the schedule guys messed up bad by purposely scheduling teams wearing the same color. or in the Browns and Ravens case, two teams wearing dark earth tones. Freaking idiots. 

The schedule makers have many other factors to worry about beside what the uniform match-up may or may not be. I really don't think that is even a factor in their decision making. Networks have certain demands/requests on match-ups. 2 teams share a stadium so you have to work that all out so both aren't at home on the same day. Some cities have restriction and will not allow home football games on the same day as home baseball. Uniforms match-ups are not going to be a factor in the schedule.

Archived