Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

Some of these feel like a true "alternate" like the lions for example. Some of these are just "mailed in" like the packers for example. Some of these are just plain "confused" like the patriots for example. I get the whole "color" theme, but contrasting socks would do a lot. Put some navy top socks on the Cowboys or let the bucs wear their pewter socks and I could swallow the monochrome, I mean color rush, a little easier. I also don't understand why certain team colors get eliminated all together like the bucs pant stripe on the pewter and white sets have a small sliver of orange, but that small sliver is non-existing on the red color rush pants.

also, since these seem to be carry overs from year to year, any chance of selling them in the elite version?

3 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

So in recap, there are five teams that will have to wear their normal road uniforms due to clashing. This is in addition to the six teams who unveiled white uniforms. So there are 17 weeks of football (not sure how many are in the TNF package) but 11 games will not feature both teams in colored uniforms. Doesn't this sort of ruin the point of the entire event?

Depends.

If the point of the event is to garner some attention for the TNF games, and sell some extra merchandise, by dressing the players shoulder-to-toe in elements of a single color, then no.  I don't think it ruins the point at all.

There are some really good unis here mixed with some truly atrocious ones. Bengals look pretty slick actually, IMO. Those Saints unis.... wow! If they redesigned around those, it would be such a dramatic improvement. WHYYYYY did the Jags have to bring those back? 

Do you guys think the Falcons will wear white socks? I will be extremely disappointed if they just wore their standard road uniforms. Not that white socks would really be an improvement at all, it's more just of the fact that they'd be the only team not changing anything at all. If this was better planned, they would wear a white version of the black throwbacks they've been sporting lately. 

Not that im suprised, but some of these are very very different than the original rumors.Vikings in Black, Giants in Red/Blue split throwbacks, Dolphins in Navy, and Packers in all-green with yellow throwback striping, all of those rumors came to mind for me. 

On 4/30/2016 at 7:00 PM, Chauncey917 said:

I thought some people here might find this video interesting.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Paxton-Lynchs-arrival-at-UCHTC-as-a-Bronco/10bdee28-6d68-42c6-8324-1aa80e2ea22b

It's Paxton Lynch arriving at Broncos headquarters in Dove Valley on Friday. About 4 minutes after walking in the door, he's taken to the equipment room to address uniform-related matters. I love his reaction to seeing his jersey for the first time. He is also fitted for a helmet (I think he says he wants a visor?), and they talk about shoes a little. This also caught my eye:

MZIJuBs.jpg

Check out the stripes on that helmet sitting on the table. Those are Orange Crush - era stripes on a modern navy helmet. Probably meaningless, but I guess we'll see (faux-back/color rush?). A boy can dream.

Looks like I semi-called it. Heaps of praise not necessary, just throw money.

As bad as some of these are, I like that they gave us some of what we've been wanting.. Orange dolphins jersey, raiders throwback with silver numbers, even some love for the Seahawks green jersey.. I think it's a good litmus test for some of these uniform designs with particular uniform elements (like an orange third jersey for Miami or Carolina's blue pants), under the guise of a league-wide event..

On December 14, 2015 at 2:35 PM, Red Wine Pirate said:

Patriots - Red
Jets - Green
Bills - Red
Dolphins - Orange

Bears - Orange
Packers - Green
Vikings - Yellow
Lions - Black

Bengals - Orange
Steelers - Yellow
Browns - Orange
Ravens - Gold

Colts - White
Texans - Red
Jaguars - Gold
Titans - Blue

Broncos - Orange
Kansas City - Yellow
Chargers - Powder Blue
Raiders - Black

Redskins - Yellow
Eagles - Kelly Green
Cowboys - White
Giants - Red

Carolina - Blue
Buccaneers - Red
Saints - Gold
Falcons - Red

Seahawks - Green
Rams - Gold
49ers - Gold
Cardinals - Red

Going back all the way to the first page... This guy did remarkably well for before the first leak surfaced

Correct: Jets, Bills, Dolphins, Lions, Jaguars, Titans (this could go both ways), Broncos, Chargers (I'll give it to him), Redskins, Cowboys, Panthers, Buccaneers, Falcons, Seahawks, Rams

Incorrect:

Patriots, Bears, Packers, Vikings, Bengals, Steelers, Browns, Ravens, Colts, Texans, Chiefs, Raiders, Eagles, Giants, Saints, 49ers, Cardinals

I colored the team names the actual color of the uniforms (White is grey in this situation)

16 isn't bad for before the first schedule leak, or the first color sheet/Reddit post.

Regarding the people commenting that Nike and the NFL should have planned other color combos to avoid using white for most teams, I think you are losing sight of the fact that the teams and specifically the owners have a lot of say too.  For instance with my Chiefs (even though they aren't one of the teams affected, just using them to make a point), if Nike came to Clark Hunt and said you guys are wearing yellow I'm sure he had the right to say no we're not.

2 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Going back all the way to the first page... This guy did remarkably well for before the first leak surfaced

Correct: Jets, Bills, Dolphins, Lions, Jaguars, Titans (this could go both ways), Broncos, Chargers (I'll give it to him), Redskins, Cowboys, Panthers, Buccaneers, Falcons, Seahawks, Rams

Incorrect:

Patriots, Bears, Packers, Vikings, Bengals, Steelers, Browns, Ravens, Colts, Texans, Chiefs, Raiders, Eagles, Giants, Saints, 49ers, Cardinals

I colored the team names the actual color of the uniforms (White is grey in this situation)

16 isn't bad for before the first schedule leak, or the first color sheet/Reddit post.

Fair point, but you also could have asked anyone on this forum and they probably could have predicted it, with slightly more accuracy even. Some of these are simply choosing between 2 colors, a coin flip of monochrome, if you will. Dude above got 50% right. Like for the lions it was likely picking between silver and black considering they already wear blue, seahawks, Dolphins was picking between blue and orange considering they already wear aqua, etc.

What was interesting in my eyes was some guy on reddit basically coming in hot, claiming he was legit because he had correctly predicted what the Browns uniforms looked like before they unveiled them. He was really wrong on a few of them, which is unfortunate because i was excited about the Vikings and Packers unis at the time, I remember. I'll try to find the post. The point? the line between "leaks" and "guesses" is pretty blurry.

Edit:

here's the post I was referencing

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/4hr5zx/using_the_same_method_i_used_last_year_to_unearth/

(was totally wrong about Lions, Packers, Vikings, Bucs, Bears, lol. I guess his method didn't work so well after all!)

18 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I have yet to see a full picture of the Redskins set, but do the pants have stripes?

Also, so many of these have the potential to be the groundwork of new uniform sets. Notably, the Saints, Chargers, Broncos and Falcons to name a few.

I believe the Redskins' pants would be the current gold/yellow pants.

9 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I believe the Redskins' pants would be the current gold/yellow pants.

If the "rules" of color rush didn't limit teams to mono-color, I'd say the Redskins jersey would look 100x better when paired with burgundy pants, but ya know... Bruce Allen's unhealthy obsession with the gold pants.

18 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

If the "rules" of color rush didn't limit teams to mono-color, I'd say the Redskins jersey would look 100x better when paired with burgundy pants, but ya know... Bruce Allen's unhealthy obsession with the gold pants.

Burgundy pants would look quite nice.