Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, j'villejags said:

I mocked up the Saints with some black, striped socks. 

Saints.png

Absolutely perfect. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

White pants don't work with gold helmet. I could live with it, but gold is too light a color to go with white pants. Feel same way about panthers. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

White pants don't work with gold helmet. I could live with it, but gold is too light a color to go with white pants. Feel same way about panthers. 

If the blue pants were worn with black helmets and white jerseys they could look pretty good. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The Saints are the biggest winner here. As far as what you can do with Color Rush, they absolutely nailed it. Nothing more needs to be added to what has already been said about them.

The surprise winner for me, though, is San Diego:

1) It's a combo where the bolt background color is going to match for once (bolt on white), which has been this current set's worst and most glaring problem, so that's a huge plus.

2) I'll admit this has been a bit of a switched position for me over time, but I think the Fouts era colors are really the best for the Chargers. My (admittedly unpopular) opinion has always been that powder blue and gold have never looked good because all I see is two bright colors competing for attention (and even worse when with/on white). Thus, I've never been as on-board with powder blue as most are. The navy/white/gold Seau set is the Chargers I grew up and I love it for nostalgic reasons, but also admit that it doesn't give you the "pop" you'd want out of a team with lightning based imagery. The Fouts era, on the other hand, was the perfect balance. The royal blue was dark enough to let the gold and bolts pop on their own, but bright enough to, when paired with the gold, look "sunny Californian". Plus the colors by way of history screams 70's, which in a weird and wacky way...kinda works for San Diego in general. So I think this really was the best era to influence their Color Rush, and they further made it better in execution by cleaning up the bolts (single outline works best) and making the numbers gold.

Of course I'd ultimately prefer white pants altogether (NO separate bolt background color though!), but for what this is, it's fantastic.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Winners: Saints, Patriots, Steelers, Broncos, Chargers
Big Losers: Jaguars (again), Cardinals, Lions, Seahawks, Niners
Little Losers: Everyone else

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Check the "usnikefootball" Snapchat story for a shot of each team's cheapo sublimated replica jerseys. Here are some of them. I like the idea of introducing cheaper jerseys. You can definitely tell it's a lower grade when looking at the Cardinals piping. Also looks like the Browns word mark is their old one. Chargers shoulder bolt panels don't really translate on this replica but look fine on the Limited and game jerseys.

IMG_3995.PNG

IMG_3996.PNG

IMG_4006.PNG

IMG_4007.PNG

IMG_4008.PNG

IMG_4010.PNG

IMG_4011.PNG

IMG_4012.PNG

IMG_4013.PNG

Archived