Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

I'd be all for the Seahawks going navy helmet, navy jersey, green pants, navy socks.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

Figured to get this in while the soccer games were in halftime. Here's a look at some potential full-time alts down the line with these jerseys. Some of these aren't perfect with striping or coloring on the pants and whatnot, but it gives off a good general idea

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Canada3241/slideshow/Madden 17 Color Rush Mix and Match

I'm surprised at how much I like the Ravens' gold pants look, especially since I wasn't especially fond of it when they first wore them. It's funny how much of a difference gold numbers make.

It's pretty apparent that the seahawks jersey was designed precisely within the e51 template. Sure you can move them over but you have to create an entirely new pattern that fits within the new template. You also have to translate the collar treatment which takes time. This is not nearly as easy as slapping a logo or some stripes on a sleeve panel and calling it a day. Given the amount of uniforms they had to create in a narrow timeframe it makes sense to stick recolor e51 for the time being.

8 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

A question for any of the insiders we have around here;

Going forward, will the individual components of these uniforms be available for non-color rush games?  In other words could, for instance, the Raven wear those purple pants on the road with a white jersey? 

I sure as :censored: hope not.  I don't ever want to see those white pants again, especially nor paired with the green home jersey. 

My comments on certain Color Rush looks.

Arizona - Should've been in all red or Cardinal.

Atlanta - All black would've been better. Especially considering Tampa already went red.

Baltimore - I like my Ravens in all purple.

Cincinnati - Reminds me of Pro Bowl uniforms in regards to how the helmet and uniforms clash, but no complaints.

Denver - Like the route they took on their Color Rush. Just wish they didn't have orange pants.

Detroit - Should've gone all blue or silver.

Jacksonville - Should've gone all teal or black. Gold should always be a tertiary color for them.

Minnesota - Should replace the gold with white on the uniforms.

New Orleans - Best new Color Rush uniform, hands down.

N.Y. Jets - Prefer all white, just to avoid the colorblind situation they had with the Bills last season.

Oakland - Like the Raiders, but their next one should be all black.

Philadelphia - All green would've been better.

San Diego - Would've like to have seen them in navy helmets and gold pants.

San Francisco - All white would've been tremendous.

Tampa Bay - Either All pewter or all creamsicle.

Washington - All burgundy.

8 hours ago, StrongXStyle said:

the Niners should go in the same direction as the Saints. I think black should stick in Oakland.

Image result for terrell owens 49ers

I, too, wish the Niners went with white jerseys and pants.  I think since the black alt came last year, and it's gotta be around for five year, they just said "Welp, let's go with black".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, sohiosportsfreak said:

091316-colorrush-art.jpg

If the Bengals would tweak these into a black and orange uni (and add a little bit more orange to these), it would be a step in the right direction for 2017.  Their current unis are outdated, especially the white's.

It's lame the NFL has the one helmet rule, a white helmet shell with black stripes would have looked great with these.

If anyone has Madden, then I'd love to see the Bills with their current helmet, current blue jersey, current white pants, color rush red socks, and white shoes. 

Also, Dolphins color unis but with white pants and shoes. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

My favorite Cowboys uniform

11 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Another "What If?" scenario from Madden.

Screenshot-Original-12_zpsmt2xnh3i.png

SWEET!

2 hours ago, sohiosportsfreak said:

091316-colorrush-art.jpg

If the Bengals would tweak these into a black and orange uni (and add a little bit more orange to these), it would be a step in the right direction for 2017.  Their current unis are outdated, especially the white's.

The numbers are enough to make me want to move forward with this as the basis for a new uniform. Take the regular white pants with the orange stripe, put an orange outline on the block numbers, orange sleeves, black stripes, NO SIDE PANELS, and a black jersey that is a reverse of that and I could enjoy a Bengals uniform again. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

I do agree that the Bengals color rush uni should be a starting point for a new identity, but the number font is a tad basic for my likes.  Now, the numbers the Bengals have now is awful but a slight modification from standard block to a modern block may be the missing piece.

I like the block font, outlined or not, for historical reasons

dillon_corey_440.jpg8d391a7dfe9b1c95f05906e72083b90d.jpg

I love subtle nods to a team's uniform past like that. 

I'd die from a heart attack if they went back to the Champion font

brooks_1_.jpg

But also I like it because at this point in sports design using a block font is the unexpected choice. If they came out with a new uniform everyone would expect them to have some rounded, flowy font because they're a cat team. See: Jaguars font 1997-whenever they dropped it. A block font would go against convention at this point. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived