Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

Of course the white facemasks look good on the Jets. I could've told you that. 

10322175-large.jpg

I wouldn't want the Jets to go all white helmets full time though what with the Dolphins doing the same and the Bills almost doing it with the gray facemasks. I prefer divisions have different looking helmets for the matchup listings that use helmet graphics. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the jets getup tonight pretty much confirms that the Falcons will wear white socks instead of their normal socks with their all-white uniforms against the bucs. maybe they will change the facemask color as well.

This game tonight just makes me think of the "Color Rush Blind" game from last year. I wonder if there has ever been an all green vs. all red matchup before, other than that game, like in soccer or something with clash kits. Last year it was pretty hilarious.

I kind of like the jets in their all-kelly-green color rush uniforms. Actually, those would look pretty good against a team wearing all black. Like steelers color rush vs. jets color rush could have been interesting. and color-blind-proof.

5 minutes ago, elliott said:

I think the jets getup tonight pretty much confirms that the Falcons will wear white socks instead of their normal socks with their all-white uniforms against the bucs. maybe they will change the facemask color as well.

This game tonight just makes me think of the "Color Rush Blind" game from last year. I wonder if there has ever been an all green vs. all red matchup before, other than that game, like in soccer or something with clash kits. Last year it was pretty hilarious.

I kind of like the jets in their all-kelly-green color rush uniforms. Actually, those would look pretty good against a team wearing all black. Like steelers color rush vs. jets color rush could have been interesting. and color-blind-proof.

Soccer, and not all red and all green, but ASSE was wearing their traditional green with their gardien in red

equipe-de-saint-etienne-17-09-2015-saint

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

2 hours ago, JQK said:

Really liking the white facemasks on the Jets... 

Could not agree more!  definite upgrade.  

side note - as the one helmet rule continues (for some effing reason -future lawsuits / future schmawsuits) i hope teams get more and more creative with decals and facemasks in order to change things up a bit. (ala chargers this year too which might be the best "color r#$#" uni yet... 

On 9/13/2016 at 4:55 PM, Mitch B said:

The Saints' uniforms are gorgeous ... vastly superior to what they regularly wear.

5FDC05DD-DE5B-45F6-994F-513E5EBB3E69_zps

Brandin Cooks wants these to be permanent also.

"I wish we could have them as our away uniform,"

"I just loved the all-white," Cooks said. "And the little gold features that's in them. The gold pops out."

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2016/09/new_orleans_saints_color_rush_1.html

The Saints really do need to think about this. It's gorgeous and unique. It really would brighten and refresh a stale look.

40 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Honestly feels like we need a Color Rush thread for EACH friggin team.

So much to sort thru. Too many rehashed posts.

chris creamer's sportslogos.net forum is HOPPIN' tonight! Nike released color rush uniforms for every team in the league for the sole purpose of making this message board explode.

4 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

Does anyone know why the Jets didn't use the fauxback white logo? Thought they looked good anyway but was really looking forward to seeing that when the rumors came out. I also eventually want to see the jets use the plane logo from 63.

The NFL is permitting teams to use only current or historical logos. The Jets logo wasn't a real logo they had in their set so I'm assuming it wasn't allowed. If they were to do it, they would've had to use the one pictured below:

lcetxlxev3xd2tt3n3gy5xh3d.gif

bSLCtu2.png

8 hours ago, elliott said:

I think the jets getup tonight pretty much confirms that the Falcons will wear white socks instead of their normal socks with their all-white uniforms against the bucs.

Was that ever in question?   The whole point of Color Rush is socks matching pants matching jersey.  Of course the sock will be white. 

3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The NFL is permitting teams to use only current or historical logos. The Jets logo wasn't a real logo they had in their set so I'm assuming it wasn't allowed. If they were to do it, they would've had to use the one pictured below:

They could've used this one too

new-york-jets-primary-logo-1963-jets-in-

PvO6ZWJ.png

3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

It was their 1964 helmet logo.

1964_b10.jpg

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

So here's my latest conspiracy theory - I noticed while watching the game on my phone that the Color Rush uniforms do make the teams stand out from each other at extremely small sizes.  This is the actual size of my phone:

ColorRush_iPhone.png

Much easier to tell the Bills and Jets apart than if the Bills had been wearing white pants, for example.

Definitely a boon to those watching on phones, and this is the year that all TNF games are being streamed on Twitter.  

Coincidence?

7 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

So here's my latest conspiracy theory - I noticed while watching the game on my phone that the Color Rush uniforms do make the teams stand out from each other at extremely small sizes.  

ColorRush_iPhone_small.png

Much easier to tell the Bills and Jets apart than if the Bills had been wearing white pants, for example.

Definitely a boon to those watching on phones, and this is the year that all TNF games are being streamed on Twitter.  

Coincidence?

Wouldn't you be able to tell them apart pretty easily if the Bills were wearing a red helmet and blue jersey? B)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived