Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to throw something in here... I like, many of you, am glad the Saints are going with white for the Color Rush game (egad, "gold', as we've seen with Jacksonville last year, does not work; and the Saints already do all black -- too much and too often for my taste).  I also agree with most of you that  the look is very sharp.

That being said, I think it's also neat in that it's also essentially a throwback outfit to ONE particular year-- their first in the Superdome, 1975.  That was the year the Saints switched from full-time gold pants to white pants, regardless of the jersey color.  The following year they went to black pants with the white jerseys, and white pants with he black jerseys, a look they kept until they went back to full-time gold pants with the era of the Louisiana state silhouette logo in 1986.

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/team/history/uniform-history.html

A local business magazine that did a story on the Saints 50th season had a two page banner intro page with a black and white pic from that season, with Archie Manning in the all-white uniform (never mind the black line, that's from the article's banner title block).   Notice how much the Color Rush looks like this, with the sleeve stripes and pants stripes:

scan0001.jpg

It is what it is.

2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

New England needs to develop a new set around these. They're fantastic.

I think the post Belichek/Brady era should go for a something like this. I'd just make red the primary home jersey color.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

4 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

New England needs to develop a new set around these. They're fantastic.

True statement.  The ones they have now are so dated, with ugly overdone piping and gray shoulder stripes - gray should be trim only.  Hate them with the Pats, and the WSU Cougars.  The Color Rush jersey is a fine replacement.  Add a white version, a red alt, and interchangeable striped white, blue, and silver pants and you have a modern set with a few "kewl" options.

My limited color Rush jersey came today. The cut is fantastic but the sizing is much different than the typical game and limited jerseys. 

Sleeves are much shorter... Thank God. Also length and width seems

to be an inch or 2 shorter. Much more streamlined fit 

4 minutes ago, bowld said:

My limited color Rush jersey came today. The cut is fantastic but the sizing is much different than the typical game and limited jerseys. 

Sleeves are much shorter... Thank God. Also length and width seems

to be an inch or 2 shorter. Much more streamlined fit 

Let's see some pics! My low grade "Legend" Falcons jersey should arrive in a few days. Curious to see it in person.

5 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

I think the post Belichek/Brady era should go for a something like this. I'd just make red the primary home jersey color.

While I love the red look for the Pats, one must remember that the Patriots were fighting the Redcoats. It seems almost counterproductive

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

More than the Redcoats, the red jerseys signify a Patriots franchise that played in a half-empty oversized high school stadium off a two-lane highway, once had its broke-ass owner squatting in the press box, and generally couldn't find its ass with both hands -- or as everyone west of Albany calls it, the good old days! Not every team should look to its past.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

New England uses too much silver, to the point where it's more dominant than red. They should have navy and red as the primary colors with silver being an accent color. I would personally like to see them illuminate Pat Patriot and go with red helmets, navy jerseys, white pants, and red socks... however I'm not sure how good that would look. Maybe they should just play it safe and go with white helmets and pants (with navy jerseys, of course).

25 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

The Raiders color rush uniforms do indeed use silver pants.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2016/09/13/all-32-nfl-teams-unveil-color-rush-uniforms/

The picture looks a bit confusing but it has to be white as Color Rush isn't advertised as one single color for nothing. There is no reason to believe the Raiders would get a special exemption. The Raiders could probably show up to Arrowhead Stadium that night and refuse to wear it but I don't think Mark Davis wants to piss Goodell off right now.

bSLCtu2.png

23 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

The Raiders color rush uniforms do indeed use silver pants.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2016/09/13/all-32-nfl-teams-unveil-color-rush-uniforms/

People who write for Sportslogos.net are secondary sources at best that can only report and make inferences based off of the same sources that we on the boards have access to. This guy made the same assumption that others did that they would opt for silver pants based on a poorly lit promo pic, which is false.

And really, why would they wear silver pants if they're already gonna white out the socks anyway?

Archived