Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I'm confused as to why people are having a problem with the pants. I'm assuming you're talking about the fat white stripe on the pants isn't as skinny as the white stripe on the jersey. To me, it's fine. It's still R/W/R on both parts of the uniform.

That they're both the same striping scheme makes it even worse that they're not the same widths. The white stripe is so thick you can barely see the red. It's a glaring inconsistency when it would've been so easy to make them consistent. That's why people are having a problem with the pants. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

5 hours ago, jgiff17 said:

Do try really need tv numbers anymore?

Oh no no no no! They are absolutely essential for the people calling the game and running the stats. Considering the angles of players compared with where press boxes are, it's usually the best identifiers you have. Try to announce a game without them, and you realize that those 4" are among the most important things on the field. It's hell without them.

Next time you're at a game, up high like a press box, try to identify players during the play, as it happens, and you'll see how important they really are.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

55 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

White is a color. 

Technically, sure. And when I first tried Jaegermeister in college, my friend told me it tasted like candy. He didn't tell me that candy was black licorice, but technically he was right.

Based on their marketing, I don't think the idea was for 37.5% of the teams to wear a not-unusual mono white combo... including teams like the Falcons wearing their normal white jersey.

Why couldn't the Texans have used their "Battle Red" uniforms, but with navy blue numbers? I understand the colorblind issue and in this case, similar color schemes, but it's not really a "color rush" if one team is wearing their mono-color and the other team is in all white

2 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Why couldn't the Texans have used their "Battle Red" uniforms, but with navy blue numbers? I understand the colorblind issue and in this case, similar color schemes, but it's not really a "color rush" if one team is wearing their mono-color and the other team is in all white

As has been discussed before, the teams had to pick their color for Color Rush before the matchups were announced, so there was no way for Nike or for the teams to foresee specific clashes between the teams' Color Rush sets. In my opinion, Nike should've thought ahead in case of clashes and designed a special white Color Rush set for all of the teams that didn't pick white as their color, but I suppose that was maybe unrealistic. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The Patriots' pants are absolutely awful, and the silver helmet doesn't mesh at all with the rest of the uniform as-is, but I really wish the Pats would go with these jerseys as primaries. I'm actually hoping that they're trying these out as a potential future primary. Pair them with white helmets and white pants, and you have a winner.

Two changes I'd make though: change the shoulder stripes to white-red-white (so the red and blue aren't directly up against one another), and remove the Flying Elvis on the shoulders in favor of TV numbers. Those two changes, and you'd pretty much have the perfect Pats jersey (with nods to both their recent history, wearing blue, and the Pat Patriot days).

45 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

That they're both the same striping scheme makes it even worse that they're not the same widths. The white stripe is so thick you can barely see the red. It's a glaring inconsistency when it would've been so easy to make them consistent. That's why people are having a problem with the pants. 

Looking at those pants it seems like they're meant to match the striping width of the regular pants.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Yeah tonights game drove any detail-oriented sports jersey fan absolutely NUTS, i'm sure. Those inconsistencies were brutal. you'd think that the Patriots would have thought through their pants choice a bit more, like teams like the Saints seem to have gotten the color rush pants right. It almost looked like a scrimmage, the patriots pants were basically just an inverse of the texans pants. Not great. That said, the patriots jerseys themselves were beautiful. That was the redeeming factor of the game IMO. Dolphins-bengals next week should be a bit more exciting, but i also worry that the orange-white-white vs. white-orange-orange could be a little weird.

From the waist up, the Pats look perfect (okay, could use TV numbers, but very close to perfection). Also could use a white helmet to go with the white numbers and stripes.

safe_image.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

17 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

The Raiders color rush uniforms do indeed use silver pants.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2016/09/13/all-32-nfl-teams-unveil-color-rush-uniforms/

Again, it's very much white. It wouldn't make sense if it were otherwise. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

9 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Looking at those pants it seems like they're meant to match the striping width of the regular pants.

They would've looked better with their regular road pants because then the inconsistency would've seemed purposeful, rather than careless. This is the kinda :censored: Nike always does that irritates me. You're designing these blue pants specifically to be worn with this new jersey. There's no reason to match the striping of the regular pants and not match the jersey they're going to be worn with. It's like the two parts were designed by two different teams in two different rooms who never talked to each other.  

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

They would've looked better with their regular road pants because then the inconsistency would've seemed purposeful, rather than careless. This is the kinda :censored: Nike always does that irritates me. You're designing these blue pants specifically to be worn with this new jersey. There's no reason to match the striping of the regular pants and not match the jersey they're going to be worn with. It's like the two parts were designed by two different teams in two different rooms who never talked to each other.  

I wouldn't be surprised to see them replace the current road pants though, so this may have been an unofficial TV test for them. I do agree, the pants stripes should have matched the jersey stripes.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see them replace the current road pants though, so this may have been an unofficial TV test for them. I do agree, the pants stripes should have matched the jersey stripes.

doubt it, those pants wouldn't go with the current set because of the side panel being blue, not white. 

Archived