Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

1 hour ago, Silver_Star said:

Like this guy's concept. Sorry, but this guy's Jacksonville Jaguars concept looks good. Sorry, but I just get off on the old gold and jade colors being magnificent. I got to make this concept tonight.

jacksonville%2Bjaguars.png

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-bI_QQskPm7Y/Vrdd72dtpaI/AAAAAAAACMs/m78qq0nYti8/s1600/jacksonville%2Bjaguars.png

The Packers look great! 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Jacksonville should simply switch their helmet color to teal once they're eligible to make a uniform change. In addition to adding a set of teal pants, and changing the number color of the teal jerseys from black to white.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

I think Jacksonville should simply switch their helmet color to teal once they're eligible to make a uniform change. In addition to adding a set of teal pants, and changing the number color of the teal jerseys from black to white.

That's if the teal jerseys ever see the light of day again...

5 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

Like this guy's concept. Sorry, but this guy's Jacksonville Jaguars concept looks good. Sorry, but I just get off on the old gold and jade colors being magnificent. I got to make this concept tonight.

jacksonville%2Bjaguars.png

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-bI_QQskPm7Y/Vrdd72dtpaI/AAAAAAAACMs/m78qq0nYti8/s1600/jacksonville%2Bjaguars.png

change that helmet to a solid black, like they used to wear, and that'd be a great look.

On 9/29/2016 at 0:10 AM, elliott said:

yeah i do agree with you, this is such a beautiful look:

tempretrojerseys_3-nfl_mezz_1280_1024-0.

I love the way that looks. If they put those stripes on the arms of the current unis, change the current number font outlines to a thicker orange stroke, and made the striping on the pants/helmet all match, i'd probably be on board.

If my beloved Dolphins would go with these on a full-time basis, we'd still be one of the worst run organizations in the NFL, but we'd look good !!! ????????????????

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

On 9/29/2016 at 0:35 PM, BJ Sands said:

My hope is that eventually, teams will be allowed to use certain parts of their Color Rush uniforms for alternate/non-Color Rush use. Like the Fins' orange jerseys, the Bills' red jerseys, the Texans' pants (they go much better with the regular navy jersey) or even the Steelers' black pants for occasional alternate use.

According to Madden, the Bills have alternate Color Rush white socks with striping that mimics the white jersey. I've used those with the white jersey and both the white and blue pants and it really ties their look together.

I didn't like the teal flakes in the Jaguars helmet because it exposed the black outline around the logo. I preferred the regular black helmets because it allowed the logo to use the background as its base color and just looked really sleek. Sometimes not using a keyline is the right decision and in that case it was. 

Ahhh so cool!

Fred-Taylor-2008_1608608.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Except it didn't, the black in the logo was clear on the decal allowing the teal flake to be seen through 

okay you're right, but it made the decal more noticeable. I still prefer the original helmet. The logo shouldn't have teal flake showing through the parts that are supposed to be black. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

9 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

I thought teal flaked helmet matched with the plain black jersey was a bad mismatch

It really depends on when the game is played. 

Out in the sun, yeah it didn't look too great. 

henne12-1209.JPG

But when the sun isn't that prominent, it looked fine. 

yahoo_eugenemonroe2014.jpg

But of course paired with the teal tops it was very nice

126362798_20110925152728814_1280_1280.JP

Go A's!

38 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

reggie-hayward-of-the-jacksonville-jagua

chris-clemons-josh-mccown-nfl-preseason-

Weep.

What a disaster.  The Dolphins aren't far behind these two, but the great thing is that Tampa & Miami have obvious and wonderful directions they should go with/adapt in making their uniforms right again:

750x422

bucs-12-orange-iconsmi-vert-620x932.jpg

----

The Jags are a tricky thing, since there's SOME good things about the new set, but the main thing is getting their helmet right and stripping the uniforms of some of the fluff. 

_62414756_jaguars.jpg

This wasn't such a terrible look, it just needed a pinch of flavor.  The sparkle-helmets weren't downright terrible but this franchise is in desperate need of an iconic helmet to use as a foundation of their branding.  There's so much potential with the color scheme and Jaguar inspiration - always has been - it just needs the right execution.  In their attempts to be bold, modern, and youth-driven, they've missed the point of how to best utilize the elements that makes a look iconic.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I still yearn for the 97-07 set of uniforms. I didn't like nor did anyone I know liked the "Weaver Kmart Specials" with the exception of the flaked teal helmet. 

I don't mind the current set for the most part just I completely hate the helmet and Black being the primary. Because that was cool for night games, not almost every game with teal becoming a thing of a past. We've now seen a Gold uniform just as many times as we've seen a Teal in this set which is really disappointing. Lamping ( Jags pres) said it's now comparable to Notre Dames green for special occasion.  So I hope to see the teal on Dec, 11th vs the Vikings when Jimmy Smith goes up in the pride because if not then it's never coming back.      

#DTWD #GoJaguars

5 minutes ago, Claystation360 said:

I still yearn for the 97-07 set of uniforms. I didn't like nor did anyone I know liked the "Weaver Kmart Specials" with the exception of the flaked teal helmet. 

I don't mind the current set for the most part just I completely hate the helmet and Black being the primary. Because that was cool for night games, not almost every game with teal becoming a thing of a past. We've now seen a Gold uniform just as many times as we've seen a Teal in this set which is really disappointing. Lamping ( Jags pres) said it's now comparable to Notre Dames green for special occasion.  So I hope to see the teal on Dec, 11th vs the Vikings when Jimmy Smith goes up in the pride because if not then it's never coming back.      

That is the one major complaint I have about Khan's ownership. He seems so pleased with the new set and loves the black for some reason. The new '09 set was very much non-special, but it still felt like the Jaguars. This new set still doesn't feel like the Jaguars to me with how much they wear black. Black as the primary just feels like a bad brand decision. 

3 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

When you see it so starkly defined.... both of those teams took a huge step backward.

And the strangest part? The new primary logos were better but the uniforms are just the exact opposite. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived