Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll, only certain numbers are ineligible (50-79, 90-99), but they're ineligible regardless of the font..

Sarcasm aside (I know you meant illegible), I'll agree that it's ugly and should never see a sports uniform again, but it's legible.. At least I've never had any issues making out their numbers on their normal homes and roads.. The color rush set is a different story though 

18 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

We'll, only certain numbers are ineligible (50-79, 90-99), but they're ineligible regardless of the font..

Sarcasm aside (I know you meant illegible)

God, that's the second time I made that mistake!

1 hour ago, WavePunter said:

Tip%20of%20the%20Hat.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

23 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

I feel like if this were actually brought back, a lot of people would complain that it looks too much like the Colts, and people would want there to be more design to it. This uniform is fairly plain compared to their other options.

It's only for Color Rush...and only for the Color Rush game where they'd clash with the other team.  I still prefer the all-gold look.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

On 11/3/2016 at 11:16 PM, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Having teams wear white really defeats the purpose of "Color Rush". It's suppose to be one team wearing one of their primary colors against the other team in one of their primary colors. 

No, it's not. 

"Primary" never factored into it.  From the very beginning they've said that teams can wear any color in any of their historical palettes.  The first game featured the Jets in a color they haven't worn for nearly two decades. 

9 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

No, it's not. 

"Primary" never factored into it.  From the very beginning they've said that teams can wear any color in any of their historical palettes.  The first game featured the Jets in a color they haven't worn for nearly two decades. 

Right but I'd say given the name "color rush" and fact that the NFL doesn't otherwise allow color vs color match ups if they want to do something special or different they should always have a color vs color game on Thursdays. Otherwise it's just basically a normal match up, which is fine, but then don't make a big deal about it being "color rush".

15 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Right but I'd say given the name "color rush" and fact that the NFL doesn't otherwise allow color vs color match ups if they want to do something special or different they should always have a color vs color game on Thursdays. Otherwise it's just basically a normal match up, which is fine, but then don't make a big deal about it being "color rush".

I like seeing color vs color as long as it doesn't clash.. it's a cool change up once in a while as long as they don't go nuts with it like MLB did.   My issues are the uniforms themselves-- why does it have to be full monotone vs full monotone including pants socks shoes etc. 

ideally I would like to see a matchup of say 49ers in their regular home uniforms - red jersey gold pants - vs Giants in their regular home -Blue Jersey white pants.  

If that was color rush one game a week for something different and interesting then I'd be all for it.   

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

37 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Eh, of all the problems I have with this whole promotion, that's not one of them.  White is a color.

Come on though, even though you are technically correct, let's be realistic and admit that 99% of the public would consider color vs color to not be a match up where one team wears white.

I mean, even myself, a college trained professional designer doesn't consider it so. 

I don't know if I've ever heard white referred to as a team's color in conversations. Like...

Raiders are black, silver and white

Steelers are black, yellow and white

Seahawk are blue, green and white

That just seems very odd to me. Maybe if a team only has one other color, like the Colts are blue and white, that may happen but I just don't see it otherwise.

Archived