Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

2 hours ago, hawk36 said:

I don't know if I've ever heard white referred to as a team's color in conversations. Like...

Raiders are black, silver and white

Steelers are black, yellow and white

Seahawk are blue, green and white

That just seems very odd to me. Maybe if a team only has one other color, like the Colts are blue and white, that may happen but I just don't see it otherwise.

s-l225.jpg

In these pro football books from the 1980s, they always included white as a color for the teams.  (Nostalgic for those books.  The 1985 handbook may be the first NFL book I ever had).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

White is used by literally every team, making it like a neutral color. Seeing a team use it for Color Rush, when they may have other colors in their inventory to use that doesn't collide with their opponents', is dumb.

Is it a safer option? Probably, but I don't like it.

So easy, every team could have used a non-white color uni this year:

9/15 – Jets (GREEN) at Bills (RED)
9/22 – Texans (RED) at Patriots (NAVY)
9/29 –  Dolphins (AQUA) at Bengals (ORANGE)
10/6 –  Cardinals (BLACK) at 49ers (RED)
10/13 –  Broncos (ORANGE) at Chargers (ROYAL BLUE)
10/20 –  Bears (NAVY) at Packers (YELLOW)
10/27 –  Jaguars (BLACK) at Titans (LIGHT BLUE)
11/3 –  Falcons (BLACK) at Buccaneers (RED)
11/10 –  Browns (ORANGE) at Ravens (PURPLE)
11/17 –  Saints (BLACK) at Panthers (CAROLINA BLUE)
12/1 –  Cowboys (BLUE) at Vikings (YELLOW)
12/8 –  Raiders (BLACK) at Chiefs (RED)
12/15 –  Rams (NAVY) at Seahawks (NEON GREEN)
12/22 –  Giants (RED) at Eagles (GREEN)
12/25 – Ravens (PURPLE) at Steelers (YELLOW)

2 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

Exactly, we could but people bitched an moaned about the Red v Green color blind :censored: and it ruined it. 

I mean, it's not exactly a small thing to complain about. If I were colorblind and watched that game, I'd be pissed to not be able to tell which team was which.

14COLORS1-master768.jpgscreen-shot-2015-11-12-at-9-58-52-pm.png

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

Like I said, if you're going to have as big of an issue as colorblindness, then this whole experiment of theirs was bound to fail.

Also to note that the Jets' Color Rush uniforms as seen colorblind don't really look any different from what they normally wear. Interesting.

4 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Like I said, if you're going to have as big of an issue as colorblindness, then this whole experiment of theirs was bound to fail.

Not sure what you mean by this.  It is easy enough to create uniforms that don't present an issue to people with a very common form of colorblindness.

On 2016-11-08 at 5:59 PM, Gothamite said:

Yeah, that was inexcusable. And so easily foreseen. 

My dad's an eye surgeon. And I talk about sports regularly with him. He said "won't that be an issue for colour blind people?" when I first told him about the Jets and Bills going green vs red.

16 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

It's almost like it was a bad idea to start with!

2 minutes ago, crixus said:

I'm not a fan of the Color Rush uniforms. The Rams vs Bucs looked like Mustard vs Ketchup. I'm a Chargers fan and still prefer the Powder Blues. 

Image result for mustard vs ketchup color rush uniforms

Ba-da-da-da-da... I'm not lovin it...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Then you must not like 99% of all football games you watch.

I don't think you were paying attention to my posts. I said I don't like seeing white used for Color Rush.

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

It's almost like it was a bad idea to start with!

Exactly!

On 11/7/2016 at 2:11 PM, WSU151 said:

s-l225.jpg

In these pro football books from the 1980s, they always included white as a color for the teams.  (Nostalgic for those books.  The 1985 handbook may be the first NFL book I ever had).

When I was a kid my Dad had a book (from 1964) called "How To Watch Football On Television". It was a really good book about what to look for from the eyes of a TV production crew. 

18dejzzv7u0vxjpg.jpg

Archived