Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

5 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

Browns are wearing all white this Thursday, right? NFL's promo posts are advertising them in all Brown. 

Browns are wearing all white but since it's still Color Rush they'll roll the adverts out. It'd be weird to call it Color Rush with regular uniform ads. Somehow the NFL needs to figure out who plays who on Thursday before they tell Nike what colors to use. Even if you don't know the week they should know the teams.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 5:21 PM, Matito said:

I mean, it's not exactly a small thing to complain about. If I were colorblind and watched that game, I'd be pissed to not be able to tell which team was which.

14COLORS1-master768.jpgscreen-shot-2015-11-12-at-9-58-52-pm.png

I think the only reason this seemed like a bigger issue was because there were two sets of white helmets, and jersey styles are similar(ISH).

If the Jets were playing the Broncos in all orange, the design of the jersey and the dark helmet would offset this issue IMO. Or god forbid you throw some white pants in there. But it's too late because the NFL will never ever do it again ever.

3 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

I love the claim that these took 2 years to plan.

Really? It took the Ravens, Nike and NFL two years to switch their numbers from white to gold.

At least they didn't go with the all mustard look.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, ScubaSteve said:

I think the only reason this seemed like a bigger issue was because there were two sets of white helmets, and jersey styles are similar(ISH).

If the Jets were playing the Broncos in all orange, the design of the jersey and the dark helmet would offset this issue IMO. Or god forbid you throw some white pants in there. But it's too late because the NFL will never ever do it again ever.

The white helmets only complete the exiting problem - if matching jerseys weren't an issue for fans then leagues across the globe wouldn't require clash or road uniforms.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/gameday/game/2016/regular10

I like seeing a team doing a little more to play it up and have some fun with it.  Might as well make the best of it.

ColorRush_Flags.jpg

15042082_10154126036941229_8482669290458

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

14 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

Browns are wearing all white this Thursday, right? NFL's promo posts are advertising them in all Brown. 

9 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Browns are wearing all white but since it's still Color Rush they'll roll the adverts out. It'd be weird to call it Color Rush with regular uniform ads. 

Well, that and the interesting fact that the Browns are selling Color Rush jerseys....

Those end zones look awesome, they really should paint them like that weekly. As far as I know the only tenant other than the Ravens are Navy and Army for their annual game so upkeep shouldn't be that much of an issue.

NSFCvyu.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

That end zone is why I like grass fields over field turf. It's so much easier to change from week to week.

There are some teams with artificial turf that interchange their end zones, whether they be sewn or painted. The Seahawks, Texans, Oregon State Beavers, and Jets/Giants all have interchangeable end zones and/or midfield logos with artificial turf.

Okay, now I'll stay on topic.

NSFCvyu.png

The Ravens' aren't bad. I'd like to see the purple pants with the white jerseys to see how it looks. If one of you Madden dudes wants to make that happen that'd be much appreciated. 

One observation I've had the last two games is that the more of these games we see the less we see players wearing the shoes that are the same color as the socks. Most of the Ravens look like they're wearing their normal black shoes. Same for the Browns. This is a good development. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived