Alternative Football Universe: Lega 1 (Summary)

PascalHugo

18 minutes ago, Bomba Tomba said:

I get Real Madrid vibes from that team though.

And I get heavy Real Betis vibes (the crown, the monogram, the team name, including Balompié and all). I think that's @PascalHugo's speciality, he combines inspiration from different teams making it all seem so authentic.

• Like 2

On 3/23/2021 at 10:20 AM, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

The purple kit reminded me of Fiorentina. I would buy it if it is real.

Yes, remember the kits of the '90s. By the way thanks!

18 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

I get Real Madrid vibes from that team though.

actually yes, for the shirts I took a bit of inspiration from the old merengues shirts

18 hours ago, Johhog said:

And I get heavy Real Betis vibes (the crown, the monogram, the team name, including Balompié and all). I think that's @PascalHugo's speciality, he combines inspiration from different teams making it all seem so authentic.

Exactly! The first inspiration was Betis. The purple color comes directly from the colors of the city even if in the story I wanted to romanticize everything a little. I wanted to create a similar identity but with different elements between them. There is a little bit of Real Madrid and also a little bit of Recreativo Huelva.

In my opinion, I think it is useful to collect information and elements from real clubs in order to create fantasy clubs that have their own identity and would not disfigure in reality.

Thanks a lot as always for the nice words! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Barcelona Sporting Club

The Barcelona Sporting Club was officially born on June 19, 1899 on the initiative of Herbert Lipkin, a Swiss merchant, a citizen of the Catalan city, who had spent several years in England, to be exact in London. Here he fell madly in love with this new and innovative game. Once back in Barcelona he decided to found his own team, and he decided to pay homage to the team that had remained so long in his mind and heart, the Corinthians Football Club. The club thus began to play first against other city teams and then in around the country through the newly created National Cup in 1902. From that day he began a real domination in Spain, managing to conquer the national cup several times in the space of 20 years. The team was admired for his fluid and lively game that made everyone fall in love. With the advent of the Primera Division Nacional the club was obviously brought in by right. The domination continues here too, where in the space of 15 years the club won 5 of its 6 titles. After that it also causes some adversity within the club, the team lost the determination of the past and was no longer able to excel in the league. As for the cup, things were much better, with the conquest of several cups until the conquest of the expected sixth title in the 1965 season. That was the last championship won by the team, which could no longer win it back. Unlike only 6 championships won in its very long history, the club is a record holder for the National Cup with 23 titles. Furthermore, the club is one of the few clubs that has never been relegated. In recent years the club has begun to take the stage a bit, managing to achieve good results having as a qualification for continental competitions as the first goal, hoping one day to return to the glories of the past.

kwIGcmM.jpg

The Barcelona SC crest has remained virtually the same since its creation way back in 1899. The crest consists of the St George Cross in the lower part with the Catalan flag upper a band with the initials, and the team colours around all. The last change took place at the end of the 90s when some shades were changed and the font of the initials was changed.

Y2Alr28.jpg

XaNVd6f.jpg

DOMrF6v.jpg

dJyasdX.jpg

When in June 1899 Herbert Lipkin decided to found his team in honor of Corinthians FC, obviously he chose black and white as the social colors, just like the London club. These two colors represent strength and purity, two sides of the same coin. Throughout history, the club has always maintained the same color combination between jersey, shorts and socks. Adidas has been dressing the club since 2002, making this deal the longest-running in the country. Libertex instead appears on the Blanc ì Negre shirts since 2019.

• Like 7

On 4/3/2021 at 5:43 AM, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

Meanwhile, in an alternative universe where Barca isn't as successful as the real world version......

Little spoiler....Barcelona Sporting Club isn't the first club of the city 🤫

On 4/3/2021 at 7:56 AM, Section30 said:

BSC is another home run!

I love the unique shape of the crest and the kits are really classy

Thank you so much! For the crest i want to give a look like Barça and other catalan club logo that you can find in the lower division of Spain. A lot of these clubs have this type of logo.

• 2 weeks later...

Real Unión Club de Gijón

The Real Unión Club de Gijón was officially born at the beginning of the 20th century, precisely on June 15, 1902. It was founded by students and workers returning from Great Britain.The club was briefly known as Unión Club Gijón before Alfonso XIII gave the club royal approval in 1905.  It immediately participated in the newly formed National Cup which saw the participation of many teams from the country. The club soon managed to get good results, managing to reach the final several times but never managing to win the cup. Real Unión were among the early pioneering Spanish Football clubs and one of the founding members of the Primera Division Nacional in 1919. In fact it was one of the teams that took part in the championship, which the Asturian team managed to conquer in the 1921 season, managing to defeat the competition of much better equipped and stronger teams. That, however, was the only championship won and together with a national cup won a few years earlier the only 2 trophies of the club. From that moment a real ordeal began for the club, also thanks to several bad choices and a terrifying financial crisis. The club plunged into a downward vortex culminating in relegation to the fourth division in 1968. There the club spent more than 10 years there, until it managed an unexpected promotion to the third division in 1978. And there things changed for the better with the entry into the company of a board of directors composed mainly of fans. A slow but steady recovery began, until the much desired return to Iberaliga in the 1990 season. Since then the club, apart from some relegations to the second division, has been on a permanent basis in the top division. Today the club constantly travels in quiet ranking positions managing to save itself from relegation well in advance.

0atnTR4.jpg

The Real Union Club's first crest was a ball wrapped in a green and black flag exactly like the club's current logo. Obviously, over the years there have been some small changes and a very important one, namely the introduction of the royal crown in 1905. In addition to the crown, a monogram consisting of an R and a U inserted in the flag in the middle of the black band was also introduced. The club's crest is very iconic and Union fans are extremely attached, stating on several occasions not to change it.

s8Wmmfv.jpg

xHXrgeF.jpg

Qby9JLN.jpg

fJX4CSC.jpg

Since its adoption the club has adopted the unusual colors green and black, it is not known why this choice was made but there are several legends including what were the colors of a ship. Green jersey, black shorts and green socks was the most used combination by the club, sometimes the socks were black. Today Kelme dresses the club while the local company TSK appears on the front of the shirts as the main sponsor

• Like 5

On 4/2/2021 at 11:43 PM, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

Meanwhile, in an alternative universe where Barca isn't as successful as the real world version......

Or the Ecuadorian version who is also successful (and has an identical Barcelona Sporting Club name)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barcelona_S.C.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Section30 said:

I definitely see some Real Sociedad inspiration in that logo, but it is a classic football look that looks as though it could be real. I'm also a big fan of the green and black. As always, well done!

Yes, I try inspiration from my favourite team in Spain. I really like the crest of Reala, in my opinion is one of the most beautiful in the world. I decide to use that style to keep the real spanish style to my league. I'm glad that you like it!

8 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Or the Ecuadorian version who is also successful (and has an identical Barcelona Sporting Club name)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barcelona_S.C.

Yes, I know. When I decide the name for the team I do a lot of research through the history of the city and also for all the conncetion around the world.I decide to use Barcelona Sporting Club and  I think it's a good choice to be able to differentiate themselves as much as possible from FC Barcelona. 

• Like 2

First i wanna say that i am huge fan of your concepts, they are all incredibly well done and if they were real, i'd probably buy most of the kits due to how beautiful they are. Secondly i wanted to ask you on which program you use to make these beautiful kits?

• Like 1

On 4/18/2021 at 2:08 PM, rotta said:

First i wanna say that i am huge fan of your concepts, they are all incredibly well done and if they were real, i'd probably buy most of the kits due to how beautiful they are. Secondly i wanted to ask you on which program you use to make these beautiful kits?

Thank you so much! I really appraciate that! I use Photoshop for the kits, i'm not good at all with the kits but i try to do my best. The template is my own creation and i create the various elements like collar or sleeves etc etc when I start the kits for a team, step by step. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sevilla Club de Fútbol

The Sevilla Club de Fútbol was officially born in April 1904. In that year a group of young people from Seville, sons of old English immigrants, created a club in which to practice the sport of football. Among the forerunners of the current Sevilla CF were the Henderson brothers, Quique and Juan. Born in Seville, the brothers live in Triana, where their father, a chemist named Jorge William Henderson, opened a small shop on Calle San Jacinto. Together with them we must remember Jamie Black, another Sevillian son of an English businessman, Berry son of Irish immigrants and Dr. Wilkinson. Very soon other young people of British origin joined. The group fixed the club secretariat at 12 Calle Bailén, the home address of the new club secretary, Jamie Black. The club immediately began to participate in the National Cup created a few years earlier, managing to win it in 1914. It was among the founding clubs of the Primera Division Nacional in 1919 and became champion of Spain in the 1923 season. The second title took place in 1936 followed by the two close in 1943 and 1946. After this period the club experienced a delicate moment which culminated with the relegation in 1954. The return to Iberaliga took place in 1959 and 4 years later the Sevillian club managed to become champions in 1963 and 1969. At the level of championship this was the sixth and last national title won. Another relegation took place in 1980 with an immediate return to the top division in 1984 and after this relegation the club has never left its place in the elite of Spanish football. Today the club is constantly fighting for a place in the European cups, and is considered one of the best teams in the country.

LYMfOFt.jpg

The first club crest was a monogram that contained a large S and a C and an F that recall the club's initials. This monogram was integrated, in what is the precursor of the current logo, in 1930. The coat of arms in addition to the monogram represents the city crest and the blue and yellow vertical stripes, undisputed symbols of the Andalusian club.

inag0wR.jpg

1XwkOko.jpg

tzj9Z2K.jpg

MW1OpyX.jpg

Sevilla CF wears Yellow and Blue colors since its inception. It is not known why certain colors were chosen and there are different legends and stories about it. At first the colors chosen were green, the symbol of Andalusia, and white. But these colors were quickly discarded by the Henderson brothers who had fallen madly in love with a packet of candy their father was selling in his shop. The box was a yellow and blue metal tin, which shone in the sun, and according to legend these colors were chosen to identify the newborn club. Sevilla have always worn yellow shirts, blue shorts and yellow socks. Today the club is sponsored by the American giant Nike who took over from Umbro in 2019, while Samsung appears on the jerseys since last season.

• Like 7

On 5/11/2021 at 7:40 PM, rotta said:

All the kits look great, but the third is definetly my favourite. The badge is great too, really love the colours you've chosen for this one. Great stuff, as always.

Thank you so much! The colors was pretty difficult to choose, i decide to go with blue and yellow to differentiate from Sevilla and Betis. I want to do something different for the third kit. I was undecided between a black with fluorescent inserts or that one. I chose this one for the burgundy as a slight hint of the dark red flag of the city.

On 5/11/2021 at 9:03 PM, MDTrey4 said:

The rendering of the king from the Sevilla coat of arms is perfect. Another one that you knocked out of the park

Thanks!! I appreciate a lot. I prefer to use a modern and monochrome version for the kings. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • PascalHugo changed the title to Alternative Football Universe: Iberaliga (8/20: RCD Español de Valladolid)