Alternative Football Universe: Lega 1 (Summary)

PascalHugo

Real Club Deportivo Español de Valladolid

The Real Club Deportivo Español de Valladolid or commonly RCD Español was officially born in 1924 as Sociedad Española de Football. The club was born at the behest of the Gamez brothers, who had seen playing several football matches when they were on vacation in southern Spain. They founded the club with the aim of one day being able to compete in the newly created national championship. In 1930 the club obtained the title of club Real from Alfonso XIII who had attended a match of the team for their spirit and their strength. In 1937 the club obtained entry into the then Primera Division Nacional for the first time in its history, but came last and relegated to the second division. The club was unable to return to the top division until the 1950 season, when it won the second division championship and was promoted. He remained in Iberaliga for 13 consecutive years, relegating in 1964. During this period the club began a dark period culminating in relegation to the third division. The club at that time was taken over by a wealthy local entrepreneur who calmly and steadily managed to bring the club back to Iberaliga in the 1983 season. Since then the club has gone up and down on several occasions making a good impression especially in the national cup reaching in two chances the final without being able to bring home the trophy. Today the club returned to Iberaliga from the 2016 season and has managed to save itself ever since.

RCDEspa-ol.jpg

The crest of the Español has undergone few changes in the course of its history, keeping virtually unchanged the elements that compose it. On a circular shield, a motif is placed that is a union between the colors of the club and the coat of arms of the city, that is red lines that intertwine first with white and then yellow lines. The name of the club encompasses all of this and above it all is placed the royal crown.

8-RCDEspanol.jpg

RCDEspanol-Home.jpg

RCDEspanol-Away.jpg

RCDEspanol-Third.jpg

The club's colors have always been Red and White, and since it's inception the club wear the exact striped shirt we still know today but with white shorts. Initially black was not included, in fact black shorts were only added in 1934. Since then the uniform has remained the same. Macron has been dressing the club since 2018, while the betting site Marathon Bet has been featured on the Castilian club's jerseys from this season.

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Bilbao Football Club

Football was introduced to Bilbao by two distinct groups with British connections: British workers and Basque students returning from schools in Britain. In the late 19th century, Bilbao was a leading industrial town and attracted many migrant workers, including miners from the north-east of England and shipyard workers from the south of England. They brought with them the game of football and came together to form Bilbao Foot-ball Club. Meanwhile, sons of the Basque educated classes, like Juan Azkuenaga, went to Britain to complete their studies, developed an interest in football and on their return began to arrange games with British workers. In 1896, Juan Azkuenaga, Luis Azkuenaga and other students founded the Bilbao Football Club, using the English spelling.

The club began playing matches around the country, and when the birth of the first competition came, they signed up without thinking about it. The debut was one of the best, in fact the biscay club was the first club to win the national cup. Since then, the club's history has been studded with many successes and excellent placements. It was one of the founding teams of Iberaliga, winning it for the first time in 1926, then successes followed in 1930 and 1932. Another championship was won in 1945 followed by another in 1951. In the mid-70s a period of splendor began. even at an international level, in fact, with the victory of the championship in 1975, the club was admitted to the maximum continental competition, winning it immediately with an incredible ride with 0 defeats. Since then the club began a slight decline but managed to bring several national cups to the palmares. Bilbao FC are one of the few teams to never be relegated and also have a very strict player policy, in fact very few non-Basques have worn the Zurigorriak shirt. In fact, the club's cantera is one of the most prosperous and avant-garde in the world, managing to churn out high-level players every year.

BilbaoFC.jpg

The history of the Bilbao FC shield is a bit troubled and complex. The club's first logo featured a blue and white flag wrapping around a ball. With the change of colors from blue to red and white also changed the crest which was simply the flag of the city of Bilbao which was in fact white with a red dial in the upper left corner. The logo remained unchanged, with minor improvements, until the year 2015 when the club decided to completely overturn the logo by embracing a new modern line, which represent the city and the club itself.

9-Bilbao-FC.jpg

Bilbao-FCHome.jpg

Bilbao-FCAway.jpg

Bilbao-FCThird.jpg

The first game uniform of the club was completely blue as the first colors of the club were blue, instead the characteristic red of the club made its appearance in 1900 4 years after the birth of the club. Red jersey, white shorts and red socks have accompanied the club since that year, gradually becoming recognized and associated with the club internationally. Umbro has been dressing the club since 2015, while the partnership with BBVA is one of the longest in history, which began in 1997.

• Like 9

• PascalHugo changed the title to Alternative Football Universe: Iberaliga (9/20: Bilbao FC)
On 6/3/2021 at 2:41 AM, Johhog said:

Yet another amazing concept! I love how you have turned the very traditional club Athletic Bilbao upon its head and gone for something very modern.

Thank you so much!! It wasn't very easy to create a new identity for Bilbao. the image of Athletic is very strong and powerful in the collective imagination, I have not tried to distort the concept of the team linked to the city and the Basque people, in fact the choice of Red and White in honor of the city colors is proof of this .

On 6/3/2021 at 9:20 PM, MDTrey4 said:

Another hit in this series. Everytime that I see the Iberaliga in bold again, it's the first thing I have to check. Can't wait to see the rest!

Thank you so much!!I really appreciate it, and I'm happy that many people like my work. Keep following me as I am adding more and more ideas to my "Alternative Football Universe"

On 6/6/2021 at 8:04 PM, rotta said:

Wonderful. Just wonderful.

Really Thanks!!!

On 6/6/2021 at 10:03 PM, curriedkits said:

these are amazing! the two-color basque flag integration on the away kit is really cool especially since it looks better than the one athletic bilbao did last year imo

Thanks, thanks and thanks!! Yes, I want to do something that integrate the basque but not using the Red, Green and White. 

• 2 weeks later...

Independiente Fútbol Club

The Independiente Fútbol Club was founded on 22 June 1904 by 4 students from one of the most renowned and important universities in the city of Madrid. 2 of these guys came from San Sebastian, in the Basque Country. The club was founded primarily to battle the city's first club, ************, which had sprung up a few years earlier. Right from the start the club broke down for its political battles which supported all the revolutionary identities of the country. The club was starting to have good results and above all it was starting to get knowed around the country. The first major success occurred in the national cup where the Madrid club managed to win the 1908 national cup, 4 years after its birth. The cup victory is repeated on other occasions, until the beginning of the Primera División Nacional in 1919. The club was one of the founders but failed to establish itself, also managing to relegate in the second half of the 30s, but managing to return immediately to First division a few years later and hasn't been relegated since. The first national title came only in the 1953 season, when he managed to dominate the championship. After that championship, the Independiente managed to win the championship in each decade respectively in 1964, 1977, 1984 and 1997. This is in fact the last champion conquered by the Rojinegros, who since then are still waiting to return to crown national champions. The club has also had some international success and to date is one of the teams with the highest number of participations in continental competitions. The club obviously boasts a fiery rivalry with the other city club, and the meetings between these two clubs give life to Derbi Madrileño, one of the most fiery matches in the world. The fans of the club are recognized everywhere as one of the most passionate and above all they are strongly identified with their support of left-wing politics.

Independiente-FC.jpg

The Independiente crest is recognized all over the world, especially for its simplicity and has changed little over the course of its history. Inside a shield there is the bear with the tree (El oso y el madroño) symbol of the city surrounded by the stars, also present in the city flag.

10-Independiente-FC.jpg

Independiente-Home.jpg

Independiente-Away.jpg

Independiente-Third.jpg

The Independiente jersey is one of the most famous in the world. The half division, red and black, appeared for the first time after the victory in the national cup, in fact the club's first uniform was completely white. Since that day the club always wears the famous half shirt. Adidas has been dressing the club since 2014, while as regards the commercial sponsor, the Qatar Airways airline has sponsored the club since 2019.

• Like 8

• PascalHugo changed the title to Alternative Football Universe: Iberaliga (10/20: Independiente Fútbol Club)
On 6/17/2021 at 7:13 AM, Section30 said:

Independiente may be my favorite Spanish team so far!

The crest is simple but great and that split primary kit is gorgeous

Thank you so much!!! I'm glad that you like it. I want to keep a simple style like Atletico.

• 2 weeks later...

Unión Deportiva Valencia

Union Deportiva Valencia was officially born on April 15, 1911 in a famous café in the city at the behest of Baron Octavio Alvaro Diaz who wanted to practice the sport that was now beginning to dominate the national scene. The first president of the club was not the baron but his cousin Esteban Fernandez Cruz, this is because the two made a bet that the baron lost and as a reward there was the position of first president in the history of the club. The club began to compete in various regional cups until the birth of the Primera Division Nacional in 1919 where the club was one of the participants. The club's first major title came in 1932 with the conquest of the national cup. Immediately after the cup victory the club relegated to the second division where they remained until the 1943 season. After the war the club was one of the strongest, with players who were consistently in the national team, and this led to the championship victory in 1949. After the victory of the championship the club went back a bit to anonymity until the victory of the first edition of the second continental cup and of the second championship in 1961. In 1966 the club faced its worst and most difficult period, culminating in the relegation to the third division in 1969. At that time the club was taken over for a few pesetas by the great-grandson of Baron Diaz. The club returned to the first division within a few years and in 1974 won its third championship. The fourth championship came in 1979 followed by the fifth in 1987. The sixth and seventh national titles arrived respectively in 1996 and 2004. The club in addition to the 7 championships and several national cups has also won several European titles. The Valencian club is certainly among the great teams in Spain with a good following of fans also internationally. Today the club is fighting for European cup qualification but has not yet managed to return to winning the national title.

UDValencia.jpg

The club's crest has undergone several changes throughout its history. The first logo depicted the heraldic coat of arms of the city and a first logo that implemented the bat was seen in 1925. The current style of the logo appeared in 1982 and from there it underwent several improvements up to the final and current solution in 2006.

11-UDValencia.jpg

UDValencia-Home.jpg

UDValencia-Away.jpg

UDValencia-Third.jpg

The Valencia shirt is by far one of the most iconic in the world. Since its inception, the club opted for this particular combination, in fact the completely blue shirt is wrapped in a horizontal band formed by two yellow and one red lines deriving from the flag of the region and the city. Over the years only the shorts have changed color from white to blue. Today the club is sponsored by Nike and no sponsor appears on the front of the shirt, leaving it immaculate and highlighting the famous horizontal band. Better than a sponsor.

• Like 8

• PascalHugo changed the title to Alternative Football Universe: Iberaliga (11/20: U.D. Valencia)
17 hours ago, ItsSlothy said:

Independiente reminds me of Antifa, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Yeah, I think the club is a status for the Antifa movement. When I start creating the various clubs, I always try to create solid and unique identities. When I started working on the 2 Madrid teams that I included in my Iberaliga, I immediately thought of characterizing them in a completely opposite way, starting from the name up to the true identity of the club. I drew inspiration from clubs like St. Pauli for extra football culture.

• Like 1

I've been looking in on this thread and have meant to leave a comment for about 5 years now. I think it's about time I actually do so.

Wow.

This thread might just be the single best soccer concept thread I've ever seen on these boards. Honestly it's too bad the board doesn't do the Creamer Awards and Hall of Fame anymore, because this would be a candidate for both.

Every logo is so well designed and grounded in reality to the point I think you could easily trick the average soccer fan into believing many of these are real clubs. I apologize for not having any individual critiques, but there are so many standouts the post would be way too long. Bravo!

(It delights me every time I see the general team information layout that I used in my own alternate universe has found its way into your considerably better universe)

• Like 3

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

That Valencia crest is a thing of beauty! There's a lot of different elements and colors going on, but they're all integrated so well and cohesively. Some of your recent third kits have also been spectacular and well-detailed, namely the Bilbao and Español thirds. 

Keep up the great work, my friend! :)

• Like 2

I have one small critique: the white numbers on Valencia’s home kit clashes with the yellow stripes. I would suggest adding a blue stroke to the numbers to make them more legible from the stands or press box.

• Like 1