Alternative Football Universe: Lega 1 (Summary)

PascalHugo

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to the next concept! As I've said before, this is the very best series on this website and I can't wait for the next installment. I've looked through all your concepts, and I'm not a graphic designer, but most of them look perfect or close to perfect to me. Sure, PSV Köln might look a fair bit PSV Eindhoven-ey, but that's fine since it's an alternate universe and PSV Eindhoven might not exist. In my humble opinion, the only thing I would change is the crest of Manchester F.C. I've mentioned this before and I know you don't agree, but to my mind the red rose of Lancaster is such an important local emblem that it strikes me as a bit odd to make it sky blue. I realise burgundy won't work in this concept, but the original clear red creates a strong enough contrast in my opinion, even if burgundy and red traditionally clashes. Here's a quick mock-up in paint.net that I haven't put any time into, but I think the red is important considering the tradition of the Wars of the Roses, the white rose of Yorkshire and the red rose of Lancashire. If that's too ugly, maybe the colour in the background could be sky blue or something, as long as that doesn't remove the burgundy too much from the concept. Again, just a suggestion, and would love to see your alternate take on a badge incorporating the red rose.spacer.png

• Love 1

On 1/23/2022 at 7:04 PM, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Man it just staggering how good this thread is. I am not on the forum that much these days and just went through the last year of your posts. I don't think anyone has ever posted better stuff here. 

Thanks you so much!! I appreciate  a lot I strive to improve myself more and more and bring you more and more interesting content!

On 2/9/2022 at 1:22 AM, Johhog said:

Looking forward to the next concept! As I've said before, this is the very best series on this website and I can't wait for the next installment. I've looked through all your concepts, and I'm not a graphic designer, but most of them look perfect or close to perfect to me. Sure, PSV Köln might look a fair bit PSV Eindhoven-ey, but that's fine since it's an alternate universe and PSV Eindhoven might not exist. In my humble opinion, the only thing I would change is the crest of Manchester F.C. I've mentioned this before and I know you don't agree, but to my mind the red rose of Lancaster is such an important local emblem that it strikes me as a bit odd to make it sky blue. I realise burgundy won't work in this concept, but the original clear red creates a strong enough contrast in my opinion, even if burgundy and red traditionally clashes. Here's a quick mock-up in paint.net that I haven't put any time into, but I think the red is important considering the tradition of the Wars of the Roses, the white rose of Yorkshire and the red rose of Lancashire. If that's too ugly, maybe the colour in the background could be sky blue or something, as long as that doesn't remove the burgundy too much from the concept. Again, just a suggestion, and would love to see your alternate take on a badge incorporating the red rose.spacer.png

So thanks as usual mate! About PSV Koln I know very well that it is a clear reference to PSV Eindhoven, both for the name (although here there is a particular meaning behind it, being the acronym for Preußischer Sport Verein) and for the colors (and here too I chose them as the city colors) but as you say since we are in another universe it can be there and it does not collide in any way with PSV Eindhoven. Eindhoven will have another team (sooner or later we will get there!).
As for the Manchester FC crest, I understood your concerns and therefore I decided to change the crest. Tell me what do you think!

p.s. Once the Italian championship is over, I will make a rebrand of some logos that today do not convince me that much.

Spoiler

Manchester-FC.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Club Atlético Colón

The football arrived in the Canary Islands at the end of the 19th century via ships that docked at the various ports of the islands, mostly British ships carrying goods across the Atlantic Ocean. In this way the game of football became more and more popular and within a few years small teams made up of workers and young people began to be born and one of these teams was the Club Atlético Colón which was officially born in 1906.
The name Colón derives from the Spanish translation of Columbus, exactly Christopher Columbus. In fact it was the genoan navigator who used the Canaries as a stopover before reaching the "Indies". The CA Colón lived most of its history in the lower Spanish categories, appearing for the first time in the Primera Division in 1949, where he achieved good results before returning to the Second Division in the late 1950s. Since then the club has experienced a dark moment coming to the bankruptcy of 1975. The club was then taken over by a local entrepreneur who saved the club and took it until his return to Iberaliga in 2009. Since then the club has always managed to save itself and live peacefully in the top division.

Club-Atl-tico-Col-n.jpg

The CA Colón crest has practically maintained the same shape as the one designed in 1912 by Oscar Fernandez known as "Michu" who is the right wing as well as one of the founders of the club, who became president in the late 30s, undergoing only some changes and modernizations the most significant was that of 2005.

16-Club-Atletico-Colon.jpg

CAColon-Home.jpg

CAColon-Away.jpg

CAColon-Third.jpg

The first colors of the club were yellow and blue but were soon abandoned in favor of white and red. At first the shirt was completely red with a vertical central white band and then the current stripes were adopted. The blue remained but only for the shorts. Umbro has been wearing the canary club since 2016 and Gran Canaria has appeared on the jerseys since the 2004 season.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

• PascalHugo changed the title to Alternative Football Universe: Iberaliga (16/20: CA Colón)

So happy to have a new club from you here. I've been anxiously awaiting the return of Iberaliga.

I really like the waves on the away jersey and think the shades of blue and red really pop off of each other. Have you tried instead to put "Colon" across the sash on the logo and put one set of swords where the L is now? With all of them in that space, the club name almost gets lost.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, MDTrey4 said:

So happy to have a new club from you here. I've been anxiously awaiting the return of Iberaliga.

I really like the waves on the away jersey and think the shades of blue and red really pop off of each other. Have you tried instead to put "Colon" across the sash on the logo and put one set of swords where the L is now? With all of them in that space, the club name almost gets lost.

Thanks mate!!! I want to finish it as soon as possible, 4 Clubs left...

As far as the logo is concerned, I immediately wanted to put Colon in that position, as Bilbao is written in the Athletic logo, then the crossed swords are six as in the city emblem and just like in it there are 3 on each side.

• Like 2

Absolutely marvellous as always, great to see you back! Quintessentially Spanish really, like an Atlético de Madrid/Athletic Club-mashup. And I love the new Manchester F.C. logo! Very Lancashire, as I've said before you know how to pick out the German, French, British and Spanish in each concept.

• Love 1

On 2/16/2022 at 4:42 PM, Johhog said:

Absolutely marvellous as always, great to see you back! Quintessentially Spanish really, like an Atlético de Madrid/Athletic Club-mashup. And I love the new Manchester F.C. logo! Very Lancashire, as I've said before you know how to pick out the German, French, British and Spanish in each concept.

As always thanks! I really appreciate your support, and I am very happy that my art is appreciated so much. Behind every club there is all my passion for this sport that has always accompanied me. Not long to finish Iberaliga and then it will be the turn of my country, Italy. I can't wait to show you everything! Keep following me!

Anyway guys I would like to announce that I intend to turn every club into an NFT and expand this project with so many ideas I have in mind. You are the first to know about all this and I would very much like to know your opinion. Let me know

• 3 weeks later...
On 2022-02-21 at 9:51 AM, PascalHugo said:

Anyway guys I would like to announce that I intend to turn every club into an NFT and expand this project with so many ideas I have in mind. You are the first to know about all this and I would very much like to know your opinion. Let me know

Expand the project, but don't touch NFTs with a bargepole.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

Expand the project, but don't touch NFTs with a bargepole.

So do you think it is better not to do it? 

But to do what I have in mind I need a lot more time and consequently have funds available and be able to concentrate only on the project. 

18 hours ago, PascalHugo said:

But to do what I have in mind I need a lot more time and consequently have funds available and be able to concentrate only on the project. 

I would be happy to contribute in some way to your further work, but I would strongly advise you not to use NFTs or any other blockchain nonsense. If you were interested in making merchandise or some sort of product we could purchase that would be the best, but even if you want to simply set up a way to direct donations then I'd be interested. I have no problem with you monetizing your fantastic talents but I really don't think NFTs are a good way to do that.

18 hours ago, PascalHugo said:

How about turning your artworks into something real? Like a poster of all the leagues you created?

• Like 4

16 hours ago, InsufficientCat said:

I would be happy to contribute in some way to your further work, but I would strongly advise you not to use NFTs or any other blockchain nonsense. If you were interested in making merchandise or some sort of product we could purchase that would be the best, but even if you want to simply set up a way to direct donations then I'd be interested. I have no problem with you monetizing your fantastic talents but I really don't think NFTs are a good way to do that.

16 hours ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

How about turning your artworks into something real? Like a poster of all the leagues you created?

Ok, no Nfts. 

as I said earlier, I have a lot of ideas in mind. ideas that I constantly note, lots of sketches of logos and research carried out on clubs and leagues. and I absolutely want to bring them to life and create something never seen before. i have a lot of plans about it (Football Manager ?! Konami !? Anime ?! why not) for this I need support and to make my work concrete. I had already considered the idea of merchandising and if you are telling me it could go I trust your opinion and judgment. if it is possible to start a collection to support me it would also be something that I would appreciate very much. I have to work on it and your advice is welcome, on the other hand I would never have arrived here without you. I will always be grateful for your support since it all started in 2015.

in the next few days a new club will arrive, little spoiler ( Or i Sang)

• 3 weeks later...

FC Catalunya

The Futbol Club Catalunya was officially born on January 24th on the initiative of a group of young people who used to be in the Plaça Reial. The boys' intent was to be able to compete with other fledgling clubs in the city, including Barcelona Sporting Club in the newborn Catalan championship. In the early years, the club never managed to overcome the overwhelming power of its cousins who in the meantime began to collect success even in the newly created national cup, a competition that FC Catalunya just won in the 1926 season.
However, things changed with the creation of the Primera Division Nacional, in fact the club thanks to the expansion and addition of more capacious stands of the field in which they played, the club finished third in front of the hated cousins in the first year and won the title on the second attempt. Catalunya conquered 2 of the first 4 Spanish leagues, but soon after there was a difficult period in parallel to the harsh impositions of the ever growing national imbalance that resulted in the Civil War and in particular the bombing of Barcelona in 1938. A few months later the repression of all forms of independence in Spain and especially in Catalonia. The ban on being able to use the Catalan flag or the symbols that distinguished the club created an enormous internal strength in the club that without any crest on the shirts won 3 titles in a row between 1938 and 1941. At that moment the true soul of the club was born. In 1957 it was the first Spanish club to conquer the highest European competition, repeating the success a few years later. Since then the club has grown more and more becoming today one of the 3 great Spanish clubs with the bitter rivals of the Real Club Nacional de Football with whom they play one of the most heated rivalries in the world and *********. Obviously the other historical rivalry and the one with the cousins of Barcelona SC, but unlike the relationship with the Madrid team there is enormous respect between the two Barcelona teams. FC Catalunya is undoubtedly one of the greatest teams in the world and its power is destined to continue over time, also the result of a policy based on the growth of young people from their school and academy which has become one of the club's cornerstones.

FCCatalunya.jpg

The FC Catalunya crest underwent a major change in 1922, when the logo changed from a simple monogram composed of FC and C, to a new logo inspired by the Estelada which had begun to spread among the first Catalan movements. After the bombardment of 1938, Catalonia came under occupation and as a symbol of the "undisciplined" Catalanism, the club faced a number of restrictions. All signs of regional nationalism, including language, flag and other signs of separatism were banned throughout Spain. The Catalan flag was banned and the club were prohibited from using non-Spanish names. These measures forced the club to change its name to Club de Fútbol Catalonia and to remove the Catalan flag from its crest. So the club decides to play without any crest on the shirt. In the 1950s the logo on the shirt was slowly re-produced until the official return in 1978 with the fall of Franchism. The logo we know today is the result of the modernization that took place in 2012.

17-FCCatalunya.jpg

FCCatalunya-Home.jpg

FCCatalunya-Away.jpg

FCCatalunya-Third.jpg

Since its foundation, the Barcelona club has worn the same colors as Catalonia. To be precise, the 4 stripes of the Catalan flag, the Senyera, have always appeared on the shirts of the Sang i Or. The FC Catalunya shirt is one of the most famous in the world and is instantly recognized everywhere. One of the peculiarities of the jersey is the absence of sponsors on the front, except for the technical one. In fact, before the advent of the sponsors on the back and on the sleeves, the Catalan club did not exhibit any sponsors on their jersey, since it is considered the maximum expression of Catalan freedom. Puma has sponsored the club since 2012.

• Like 2
  • Love 7

• PascalHugo changed the title to Alternative Football Universe: Iberaliga (17/20: FC Catalunya)

Hello everyone! After the latest vicissitudes due to the possibility of transforming everything into NFT and having the possibility of being able to concentrate and make this project grow even more, I listened to you and put that idea aside, and thinking about it you are absolutely right.
So I decided to listen to your advice and first created a profile on Patreon
(I hope I can post it here without problems, if it were not so I hope that the admin will not ban me)
The next step will be the creation of merch but first I want to see how it proceeds with the Patreon profile.
Let me know what you think.
I send you a hug and see you soon with the next club (Que sen límites é o mar, o noso mar.)

• 5 weeks later...

Real Club Atlántic de Vigo

The Real Club Atlántic de Vigo was born as a result of the ambition of the Vigo teams to come forward on a national level after negative results, especially achieved against the Basque teams that had become the black beasts of the city teams at that time. The original idea was to combine the two main formations in the area to obtain a more competitive team. The main inspirer of this initiative was Xurxo Rodrigues, a sports journalist who worked at the Faro de Vigo who, from 1915, began to write this need in his articles in order to aspire to higher goals. The slogan of his movement was "Todo por y para Vigo" (Everything to and from Vigo), which subsequently found the sympathy of the leaders of both the Real Club de Vigo, born in 1910, and the Club Atlètico de Vigo founded in 1908. It soon reached unanimous consensus, so much so that Rodrigues himself presented the Spanish Football Federation motion in Madrid on May 17, 1922.
On the following June 16, the merger was approved at the administrative councils of the two historical societies held at the Odeon Theater and in the Hotel Moderno. The name initially chosen was "Club Galicia" but the choice was postponed later to the first meeting of the newborn club and the names suggested were various: Real Unión de Vigo, the same Club Galicia, Real Club Atlántic de Vigo and Real Club Olimpico.
Although the last name was quite popular, in the end the choice fell on Real Club Atlántic. It was chosen to honor the great Atlantic Ocean that has always been part of the city's soul.
The first years of the club were not easy at all, there were great difficulties in amalgamating the two teams but the results began to take place in the second half of the 1930s. The first and only national title came in 1955 when the club led by the legend Pablo Meixùs crashes competition from other favorite teams. Since then the club has not been able to match and between some lost national cup final and some participation in European competitions the club relegated to Segunda Division in 1985 where it remained until 1997. Since 1997 the Galician club has been permanently in Iberaliga.

RCAtlanticde-Vigo.jpg

The Real Club Atlàntic crest has had a troubled history as it first appeared only in 1938 after the club used none for its first few years. The first logo featured the red cross of St. James, symbol of the region, with the club's initials. In 1950, the royal crown appeared for the first time. After winning the title in 1955, the club turned to a style similar to what we know today. The last big change took place in 2010 when it was decided to rebrand the logo which is what the club still uses today.

18-Real-Atlantic-Vigo.jpg

RCAtlantic-Home.jpg

RCAtlantic-Away.jpg

RCAtlantic-Third.jpg

The colors of the club were unanimously chosen by the council in 1922 as the colors of the city. The choice was very simple and the hypothesis of using the blue of the sea was immediately discarded, both because the reference was already in the chosen name and because it was the color of one of the two teams and therefore it was preferable not to have any connection with it. Since 2016, the Italian Kappa has been wearing the Galician club, while Estrella Galicia has appeared on the club's jerseys since the 2008 season.

Spoiler

Join my Patreon to see many other contents and work in progress!

• Like 4
  • Love 3

• PascalHugo changed the title to Alternative Football Universe: Iberaliga (18/20: RC Atlántic de Vigo)

Wow!! Another great and very realistic concept for Iberaliga. Really good job with that crest.

I wanted to ask you why it is Atlántic instead of Atlántico?? Is there any reason to remove the "o" at the end?

Can't wait to see the final two teams in Spain. My bet? San Sebastián and... Murcia?

10 hours ago, _OCallaghan_ said:

Wow!! Another great and very realistic concept for Iberaliga. Really good job with that crest.

I wanted to ask you why it is Atlántic instead of Atlántico?? Is there any reason to remove the "o" at the end?

Can't wait to see the final two teams in Spain. My bet? San Sebastián and... Murcia?

Thank you so much my friend!!!😊

No particular reason why I removed the final o, I liked how it sounded and it seemed more particular and unique.

Donostia e Murcia? 

0/2 or 2/2? I don't say more 😅

Real Club Deportivo Murcia

In 1913 in the city of Murcia it was decided to put together a group of boys who could play football and Murcia FC was founded. The club began playing games around the region first and then all over Spain. In 1919 with the advent of the Primera Division Nacional Murcia was enrolled in the Third Division as it did not meet some criteria. In the 1922/1923 season, King Alfonso XIII grants him the title of Real and with it the founders of the club decided to change the name to Real Club Deportivo Murcia. Since then the club has continued to have mixed results until promotion to the Primera Division in 1930. The club remained there until the 1940/41 season when it was relegated back to Segunda. Since then the club has experienced continuous ups and downs seasoned with many ups and downs between the various divisions. Deportivo Murcia is one of the most promoted and relegated teams in all of Spain, holding the Segunda Division winning record. The last promotion in Iberaliga dates back to 2018 when Deportivo is back after 8 years of absence. Since then the club has always managed to save itself.

RCDM.jpg

The first emblem of the club was composed of a red shield with the crowns present on the city herald with the name Murcia underneath. With the change of name and the addition of the title Real was also changed the shield which took the same shape as the one we know today. Over the years there were only updates and modernizations but the base is more or less always the same.

19-RCDMurcia.jpg

RCDMHome.jpg

RCDMAway.jpg

RCDMThird.jpg

The black and blue stripes only appeared in 1923 with the club's name change. In fact, the first uniform worn by the club was blue with white shorts. Over the course of history the lines changed and varied in shape and thickness. also the hue of blue cmabi in some years. Today the club is sponsored by the Italian Macron, who appears on the jerseys since the 2016 season. Fibranet has been sponsoring the club since 2020.

Spoiler

Join my Patreon to see many other contents and work in progress!

• Like 1
  • Love 3