Alternative Football Universe: Lega 1 (Summary)

PascalHugo

6 hours ago, MDTrey4 said:

We're gonna need a European Champions League after all is said and done. Maybe even a FIFA/FM mod with all of these clubs. These designs are too good to just live on the boards

I'd kill to see a mod conversion on one of those PES games (not eFootball, though, because I don't know if it's possible to mod there).

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 5/9/2022 at 7:27 PM, MDTrey4 said:

We're gonna need a European Champions League after all is said and done. Maybe even a FIFA/FM mod with all of these clubs. These designs are too good to just live on the boards

On 5/10/2022 at 1:56 AM, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

I'd kill to see a mod conversion on one of those PES games (not eFootball, though, because I don't know if it's possible to mod there).

Once the Italian championship is over we will see the direction to take, whether to cross the other side of the Atlantic Ocean or start continental competitions. By the way that's why I need support. I have a lot of things in mind to be able to develop and create a DB on FM or a mod that is PES or FIFA(I'm a PES fan) is one of them.

On 5/10/2022 at 11:05 AM, AlxAracel said:

Another great logo, can't wait to see what you have in store!

Thank you so much!!! Really soon mate

Spoiler

This is the team of my heart. It was officially born in 2010 when my friends and I created a championship made up of fictional teams (with real players) on Pes. As you can see, the logo follows that of Cerezo Osaka, I wanted to fix it or completely twist it but it wouldn't do justice to what it represents to me. I drew it on paper following the lines of that logo and it has been with me for 12 years now. Forgive me for this. I am passionate about Basque culture and have always identified this club as the pride of a people. When I decided to create this universe I always thought about whether or not to include my team, but in the end I decided to do it. And I think it was a good idea.

Askatasuna Royal Club

In May 1898 in the Basque city of San Sebastian, or Donostia as it is called in the native language, the San Sebastian Foot-ball Club was officially born. The team was the first that began to get serious among the many small teams that were starting to be born in the city, and this happened for the common desire to begin to represent the city around Spain.
Football was imported into the city, as in most of our continent, by English sailors who landed in the city, where it used to compete in challenges between the docks of the port. The boys were more and more fascinated by this new and wonderful game and this help to football to spread more and more. The "Sanse", as the club was called among the founders, began to compete against the teams of Gipuzkoa and Vizcaya until they began to travel all over Spain in search of clubs to challenge. Among the founders, in the early years of the club's life, disagreements and discussions began to arise due to the fact that they wanted to make the team the icon of the growing Basque nationalist movement. Some members were loyal to recognizing themselves under Spain and disliked antagonizing the country. For these reasons in 1903 a split took place within the club and some founders were removed and the new board that was formed decided to change the name of the team to Askatasuna Football Club.
The name Askatasuna which in Basque means freedom was unanimously chosen to further mark the union of the team with the desire to make the voice of the Basque people heard throughout Spain. In the following years the club toured all over Spain making real slaughters, annihilating the opponents under showers of goals. They were superior to almost all other teams, and this began to make the club obnoxious across the country. For this reason, the club was banned from participating in the newly formed National Cup and so the club decided to start European tours and then to South America, winning the hearts of many fans.
The club disappointed by the exclusion and to be able to confront the Spanish teams decided to make fun of everyone and added the name Royal Club, in English because obviously the Real title was recognized by the King, so the name became Askatasuna Royal Club. Finally in 1919 in conjunction with the birth of the Primera Division Nacional the club was admitted to both national competitions, this happened because the increase in protests made it impossible to ban participation in what was at that time the strongest team in the world. At the first participation the club dominated the National Cup without ever losing and finished second in the league. In the Primera Division the title did not arrive before 1935, this was also due to the generational change of the club that bade farewell to a considerable number of great players who marked an era. From that title the club did not have a good time as the Franco regime began to repress all forms of independentism and opposition to the regime. The results were fluctuating until the conquest of the second title in 1947. Since then the club has managed to win the championship many more times and also began to establish itself at the continental level. But the real golden era begins at the beginning of the new millennium, in fact from the 2000 season to today the club managed to win the title 10 times out of 23. Askatasuna is one of the big 3 in Spain, with a huge following also worldwide, this is also due to the huge amount of talents who have worn the glorious white jersey of the club.

Askatasuna.jpg

The history of the Askatasuna coat of arms is quite troubled. The club's first crest, when it was still called San Sebastian Foot-ball Club, simply represented the city crest depicting a sailing ship. The first true form of monogram we know today arrived in 1925. Since then the club sported the A monogram on the shirts that dominated with an isolated crown above it. The shape we know today is the modernization of the emblem born in 1998 when we think of incorporating the monogram, which had assumed the shape we know today, within a emblem that could encompass the entire history of the Txuriurdingorriak club.

20-Askatasuna.jpg

Askatasuna-Home.jpg

Askatasuna-Away.jpg

Askatasuna-Third.jpg

Since its inception the club has worn a white jersey, this derives from the flag of the city. The white shorts made their appearance only in 1930, before that date the club wore white shorts, while the blue socks have always been present as the shirt and they too derive from the colors of the city of Donostia. After a long sponsorship with Nike, the club accepted the courtship of Reebok by signing a multimillion dollar contract in 2021, becoming the highest paying deal in the entire football universe. Fly Emirates appears on Txuriurdingorriak shirts since 2017.

• Like 8
  • Love 3

• PascalHugo changed the title to Alternative Football Universe: Iberaliga (20/20: Askatasuna)
2 hours ago, PascalHugo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This is the team of my heart. It was officially born in 2010 when my friends and I created a championship made up of fictional teams (with real players) on Pes. As you can see, the logo follows that of Cerezo Osaka, I wanted to fix it a little but it's the same one I drew on a sheet 12 years ago. I am passionate about Basque culture and have always identified this club as the pride of a people. When I decided to create this universe I always thought about whether or not to include my team, but in the end I decided to do it. And I think it's a good idea.

Askatasuna Royal Club

Askatasuna.jpg

I've loved your work in this series, but the shape of that shield, the decorative filigree surrounding it, and the scroll bearing the team name all bear a striking resemblance to the badge of J1 League club Cerezo Osaka. 

1 hour ago, Raptorman415 said:

The series that keeps on giving! I've said it once, I've said it a million times that this series is the best on this forum. I can't wait to see more as I plan on getting on Patreon at some point to help you out. Keep up the excellent work!

Thank you so much!!! I appreciate it a lot!

1 hour ago, Brian in Boston said:

I've loved your work in this series, but the shape of that shield, the decorative filigree surrounding it, and the scroll bearing the team name all bear a striking resemblance to the badge of J1 League club Cerezo Osaka. 

Thanks mate! Yes, I know in fact I wrote it at the beginning of the post, take a look a the hidden content. There is a long personal history behind this club

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AlxAracel said:

Another great design, especially seeing the history of it to you!

Thank you so much!! This club mean a lot for me, it'strange to say because isn't real, but is really a part of me.

22 hours ago, Johhog said:

Askatasuna. Perfect name for a Basque club. Also love the tricolor first kit.

Yes, is a beautiful word for an truly important thing. Thanks as always my friend!!

Really soon the recap of the Iberaliga

Stay tuned!

• Like 1

• PascalHugo changed the title to Alternative Football Universe: Iberaliga (Complete - Summary)
  • 1 month later...
  • PascalHugo changed the title to Alternative Football Universe: Lega 1
On 7/4/2022 at 10:09 PM, alexandre said:

I love this so much!!!!!

Have you the ability to make the font available?

Sooo many thanks!!!!

On 7/5/2022 at 4:34 PM, raysox said:

I completely forgot about this concept thread, it's one of the best in the history of the boards. Just superb stuff since page 1, looking forward to the Italian league!

Someone make this world on Football Manager!

Thank you so much, I appreciate a lot!!!I'm so proud to have all that kind of comments. Regarding Football Manager, well that's something I want to accomplish, it's already on the to-do list

On 7/6/2022 at 11:32 PM, MDTrey4 said:

Another banger of a league logo here. Can't wait to see what you have in store for Italy. I think the first post in this series needs a table of contents with how much great work is in this long thread.

Thank you so much!!! Yeah, absolutely I have to do it.