infrared41's Best and Worst - NFL Week 14

infrared41

Week 14 didn't give us a whole lot to work with, but what we have to work with is pretty good. No train wrecks this week so we're spared from a worst list. We have a team making a return after not making either list since 2012, a team that wins the "thanks for ruining..." list just by showing up, and a team that is making it's first ever appearance on the best list. So let's put 60 seconds on the clock and play our game. As always, these lists are just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

Best:

1. Giants at Dolphins: Welcome back, Miami. It's been too long. The Dolphins broke out the 70's era throwbacks for this game and they looked spectacular. I won't go on an on about how great the throwbacks looked or how the throwbacks are a huge improvement over their current cruise line uniforms, etc. I'll just say that the throwbacks should be the Dolphins full time look. The only thing that would have made this game better would have been a match up against the Raiders or Chiefs. The Giants looked great, but replace them with the Raiders and this game wins the best match up of the year. The field looked fantastic too. Great looking game all around.

Dolphins.jpgDolphins3_1.jpg

2. Washington - Chicago: How good looking were the Dolphins throwbacks? Good looking enough to keep this game out of the #1 spot. Great looking game that takes the top spot in just about any other week.

Bears.jpg

3. Pittsburgh - Cincinnati: Wait, what? The Bengals on the best list? Believe me, I'm as shocked as anyone. Watching this game, I tried to come up with reasons why I shouldn't like it. The Bengals have awful PYP uniforms. They're a weekly contender for the worst list. A lot of people think the Bengals have one of the five worst uniforms in the NFL. And so on... I came up with numerous reasons why I shouldn't have liked this game, but I couldn't deny that I liked this game. The colors just worked. It looked good and I liked it. Sue me. B)

Steelers.jpg

4. Cowboys - Packers: Like there was a chance this one wouldn't find it's way on to the best list? The Packers home uniforms are one the best in the league. I haven't said this in a while so I'll say it again - I'm done apologizing for liking the Cowboys uniforms.

Packers1.jpg

5. Titans - Jets: Being the fan of all white uniforms that I am, I thought I'd like the Titans in all white more than I did. It was OK, but I don't think I'll get much argument from anyone by saying that the white over light blue is the far superior look. The Jets home uniforms are one of my favorites. Yeah, I know the green is this, that, and the other thing, but I still like the look.

Jets.jpg

Honorable Mention:

Lions - Rams and Bills - Eagles: Perfectly fine looking games between perfectly fine looking uniforms.

Rams.jpgBills.jpg

Thanks for ruining a great match up:

This week's winners - the Jacksonville Jaguars. From the neck down, this Jags combo is really good. Fix that helmet and this look is a weekly contender for the best list.

Jags.jpg

Finally, props to the Dolphins for making the field look every bit as good as the throwbacks.

Dolphins2.jpg

That's it for this week. Thanks for dropping by.

This week's winners - the Jacksonville Jaguars. From the neck down, this Jags combo is really good. Fix that helmet and this look is a weekly contender for the best list.

Jags.jpg

Seconded.

From the neck down, not too bad, but IMO their best chance at a decent look from their current set is to tweak this slightly...

185576168.jpg?w=465&h=305

Jacksonville-Jaguars-e1430684026247.jpg?

Switch the numbers to white, fix the ridiculous helmet (non-matte, all black would be my choice) and burn the black pants, and this is a respectable uniform.

Jags.jpg

Seconded.

From the neck down, not too bad, but IMO their best chance at a decent look from their current set is to tweak this slightly...

185576168.jpg?w=465&h=305

Jacksonville-Jaguars-e1430684026247.jpg?

Switch the numbers to white, fix the ridiculous helmet (non-matte, all black would be my choice) and burn the black pants, and this is a respectable uniform.

All of this. I'd also add a normal pants stripe.

If there was any kind of petition for the Dolphin throwbacks to become their full-time uniforms, I'd sign it, my deceased relatives and friends would sign it, and any cartoon character/comic book hero/imaginary friend I could think of would sign it.

If there was any kind of petition for the Dolphin throwbacks to become their full-time uniforms, I'd sign it, my deceased relatives and friends would sign it, and any cartoon character/comic book hero/imaginary friend I could think of would sign it.

Same here. They looked incredible. Let's have another look at them just because.

ff6fdd05-d263-4aca-b5ec-3147f1056453.jpg

Same here. They looked incredible. Let's have another look at them just because.

I even prefer the pants stripe of these to what they wore later on. The orange-aqua-orange pants stripe always seemed like the worst way to stripe their pants.

These with the logo from '97 would be perfect.

I even prefer the pants stripe of these to what they wore later on. The orange-aqua-orange pants stripe always seemed like the worst way to stripe their pants.

Agreed. I always that way about the Browns, too, when they wore orange-brown-orange stripes.

Archived