Arsenal FC concept

officeglenn

Here's something I came up with for Arsenal FC's home kit. The bright and medium reds come from the Arsenal crest, while the dark red is a nod to the redcurrant kits that Arsenal wore in the 2005-06 season during their final season at Highbury. They come together to forma tonal check design and sort of a past-meets-future thing.

I had trouble with the shorts, though, and coming up with something that would be complimentary to the shirt and socks while still carrying on the motif. Any suggestions there would be most welcome. Maybe less is more with that.

Arsenal-Concept_zps5tnw1rxu.png

This is really cool. Just a thought, what if you had the pattern so that it was a bit more faint. Or maybe it is treated the way the blue Holland jersey was for the last World Cup. Where the pattern gradually fades from top to bottom. But as it is, it's a very nice kit. I think your are right with less is more on the shorts. Even if you decided to not use the pattern and just go with a simple red piping, it would look great.

Nice work!

spacer.png

Had a bit of a brainstorm on the shorts while out for coffee this afternoon. Plus I shifted the pattern on the back of the shirt to more accurately reflect how it would look in real life.

Arsenal-Concept2_zpsrrzhmzju.png

EDIT: A little tweak to the shorts pattern, plus a couple of details I had missed ...

Arsenal-Concept3_zps4lfeistd.png

I prefer your second solution to the shorts. The three reds all touch in the shirt, why can't they in the shorts too?

I like that you have a reason for the three shades of red chosen, but I do think the pattern would benefit from being a bit more subtle.

I love the very minimal use of gold throughout, but think the short numbers throw that off a bit. Maybe just try red numbers.

I agree with the comments above made by nas1787, and I would also add that I think white socks would make this look much better. I think if you made the socks white it would really make the shirt shine even more than it already does. Overall this is a very nice start, though.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I agree with the comments above made by nas1787, and I would also add that I think white socks would make this look much better. I think if you made the socks white it would really make the shirt shine even more than it already does. Overall this is a very nice start, though.

And I agree with upperV in his agreement with nas... and his statement about the socks. The pattern on the socks would be too much, and the jersey would be better if the redcurrant were lighter, making the pattern a bit more subtle.

award%20sig.png

OK, lighter redcurrant colour (I was working on a different redcurrant shirt concept and had just ported over the colour I was using there without thinking about it), white socks option, red shorts numbers, back to the scond shorts striping ...

Arsenal-Concept4_zpsz4vqrlnd.png

OK, lighter redcurrant colour (I was working on a different redcurrant shirt concept and had just ported over the colour I was using there without thinking about it), white socks option, red shorts numbers, back to the scond shorts striping ...

Have you tried replacing the gold trim with the redcurrant colour you are using? I kind of feel like there might just be a little too much going on at once. But then again it could just be my disdain for gold trim.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Have you tried replacing the gold trim with the redcurrant colour you are using? I kind of feel like there might just be a little too much going on at once. But then again it could just be my disdain for gold trim.

I have not, mainly because I wanted to have a little bit of gold in there, as I feel it has become an integral part of Arsenal's identity, but also because I feel like it would blend into the rest of the red areas (especially around the collar and on the socks) and thus be pretty much pointless.

Those updates look great! I would go with the white socks, though.

For some reason, the red socks just look too busy; the pattern works on the jersey, not so much on the socks.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer FederationΒ | Complete: World Football Club AllianceΒ | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled:Β MLB & Soccer Crossover

Clash Kit: Keeping it traditional with a yellow clash shirt and blue shorts, with just a little bit of red as a trim. This kit is a nod to the away kit Arsenal wore from 1997 to 1999. Plus, the stripe across the chest is one of my favourite looks in any sport.

Arsenal-Concept-clash_zpsfhl6rda0.png

Cup/Third Kit: OmegaRed had mentioned earlier in the thread the Dutch clash kit from the 2014 World Cup, and that got things churning in my head. I wanted to try and do something with more horizontal diamonds, like in the home kit, but couldn't get the pattern quite right. So I went vertical instead.

Arsenal-Concept-cup-kit_zpsryddduqr.png

This is really cool. Just a thought, what if you had the pattern so that it was a bit more faint. Or maybe it is treated the way the blue Holland jersey was for the last World Cup. Where the pattern gradually fades from top to bottom. But as it is, it's a very nice kit. I think your are right with less is more on the shorts. Even if you decided to not use the pattern and just go with a simple red piping, it would look great.

Nice work!

Totally agree. Good idea, a little too over the top. Tone it down a touch and it'll be gold. Subtlety is key for soccer.

edit: Sorry, didn't see that you'd posted an update. I'd still like to see it toned down a bit further, but the update is an improvement.

So I posted these to /r/Gunners on reddit, where they must have caught the eye of some at Metro, a British newspaper: http://metro.co.uk/2015/12/19/someone-has-produced-designs-for-arsenals-201617-kit-and-theyre-awesome-5575822/

So I posted these to /r/Gunners on reddit, where they must have caught the eye of some at Metro, a British newspaper: http://metro.co.uk/2015/12/19/someone-has-produced-designs-for-arsenals-201617-kit-and-theyre-awesome-5575822/

WOW!! That's impressive!

image.pngΒ 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

Archived