Washington Capitals Concept

atwarren44

Hello everyone. I've been lurking around for over a year now and finally decided to post a concept. This, however, is not my first concept as I have been making concepts for a few years now. Anyway, I saw Chris's and Mr.Matt's tweets about a modern version of the Caps throwback but with the Weagle and I made this concept around American Thanksgiving.

Without further ado...

XkOmCls.png

ggkXMHy.png

The Home and Road are very similar to the Caps original jersey just with stripes replacing the stars on the sleeve, which are added above the Weagle. The shoulder logo is Andrew Sterlachini's rejected Winter Classic (which IMO is better than the one they used), so full credit goes to him for that. I put the current Capitals script on the helmets.

6BGbqjf.png

The alternate jersey is loosely based off the Capitals Winter Classic. Andrew Sterlachini's logo is promotrd to the front and is on the pants and helmet as well with the Weagle being relegated to the shoulder.

C&C Welcome. -Andrew Warren

P.S. This could turn into a series as I have concepts done for a few teams already and ideas for most others.

Home and road are legitimately perfect. One of the best caps concepts I've ever seen.

All you have to do for the alt is take away the red "D/C" and it'll be three amazing concepts.

I hope you start a series, b/c these are fantastic

spacer.png

Great job. I would love to see how the weagle looks on the third (nothing against the logo you used, it's great, I'm just curious) and maybe (just maybe) see red pants on the third. Maybe that would be too close to Columbus though? Another idea for the third would be to remove the white stripes and just keep the red. Just an Idea, I just think there are too many thin lines (especially since the logo you used uses thin lines) on the third. Great home and away, no comments there. Great job!

Great job. I would love to see how the weagle looks on the third (nothing against the logo you used, it's great, I'm just curious) and maybe (just maybe) see red pants on the third. Maybe that would be too close to Columbus though?

glE5sVi.png

I don't mind the red pants but IMO the blue is better, but am open other opinions on them.

wLoOvTr.png

I really like how this looks and definitely would not be opposed to the Caps adopting this now.

Home and road are legitimately perfect. One of the best caps concepts I've ever seen.

All you have to do for the alt is take away the red "D/C" and it'll be three amazing concepts.

I hope you start a series, b/c these are fantastic

Great job. I would love to see how the weagle looks on the third (nothing against the logo you used, it's great, I'm just curious) and maybe (just maybe) see red pants on the third. Maybe that would be too close to Columbus though? Another idea for the third would be to remove the white stripes and just keep the red. Just an Idea, I just think there are too many thin lines (especially since the logo you used uses thin lines) on the third. Great home and away, no comments there. Great job!

PV704Yx.png

I made the logo all white and the stripes all red. I really like it and I feel like it give the uniform a more retro look. The only thing I'm not 100% sure about is keeping the Weagle on the shoulder.

C&C encouraged for all three of these.

Very nice concepts, but I meant to take out the D/C completely and basically just leave the Caps Winter Classic logo. My favorite ones for the third are the top two.

spacer.png

Very nice concepts, but I meant to take out the D/C completely and basically just leave the Caps Winter Classic logo. My favorite ones for the third are the top two.

I understand what your saying now. I just misread it the first time. Will definitely look into that

Oh. My. God. Call the Caps front office right now and send them this! This is awesome. Great work.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

• 3 weeks later...

Archived