Stateside Soccer Federation - Sponsors; COMPLETE

jdp

Re-introducing the Stateside Soccer Federation. For the third time. Ugh…I know, right?!

I won’t go into all—you can look at the original or second attempt if you really like—but suffice it to say that I actually have a lot of stuff to show now. Here is a brief on the concept: 50 teams (one per state), 10 regional divisions, meaning 5 teams per division.

As I share more, I will update this post with a full listing of teams and locations, as well as a regional map.

A few notes to keep in mind, please:

• I try to stick with what the kit manufacturer is currently producing. For instance, Nike is putting out relatively simple/classic kits these days. There are exceptions, though.
  • This league assumes the other domestic leagues have folded.
  • Because this is a domestic league, you will only see one “FC” - the rest are SC, because, well, I kind of backed myself into that corner.
  • Number colors: same as permitted in the Premier League.
  • Some of you might think “that doesn’t represent my state.” Fair enough, but I do use a lot of state symbols, seals, flags and landmarks as inspiration. On a similar note, if a team name is specific to a city or region, I try to incorporate another aspect that will encompass the rest of the state.
  • Comments, good or bad, are strongly encouraged.
  • New note: Several teams are named after their state's nickname. I took this approach mainly because college or pro teams already scooped up quality team mascots/names.

To those who have been around long enough to see this before, thanks for stopping by...again.

Without further ado, here is the Federation logo:

23507539470_4d7a4b8110_o.jpg

Note - For whatever reason, I am reasonable at putting together a team crest, but I fully admit to not being very good at league logos.

Links to specific team:

Pacific Division

Mountain Division

High Plains Division

Prairie Division

Great Lakes Division

Alaska Frontier

Arizona Coppers SC

Badlanders SC

Express SC

Explorateur SC

Jet City SC

Beehive SC

Big Sky SC

Iowa Monks SC

Ohio Scarlet

Oregon Cascades SC

Colorado United

Boise Gems SC

Minnesota United

Peninsulas SC

Paradise SC

Duke City SC

NDSC

OK Drillers SC

Railsplitters SC

Redwoods SC

Nevada Sages SC

Wyoming Drovers SC

South Wind United

Wild Indiana

Valley Division

Gulf Division

Piedmont Division

Megalopolis Division

New England Division

Derby United

Magic City SC

Gatekeepers SC

Excelsior Athletic

Boston Hub SC

KC Heart

FC Pascua Florida

Annapolis Skipjacks

Hartford Oak SC

Dirigo SC

Little Rock Naturals

NOLA Spirit

Old North SC

Jersey Blue SC

Green Mountain Boys

Tenn SC

Magnolias SC

SC Palmetto

Keystone FSC

Manchester Finches

West Virginia Dales

Republic FSC

Commonwealth Colonials

Wilmington Wonders

Ocean State SC

Division Map and Team Locations

24623208396_d24ed802a8_o.jpg

24021273364_d6d4dbcfac_o.jpg

Starting things off: Pacific Division

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Redwoods SC - located in San Francisco

23175165874_6ae30c5d21_o.jpg

Inspiration: The redwoods struck me as a good team name, honestly. But red was too obvious, so these colors are meant to evoke both the trees (dark red/maroon) and the Golden Gate Bridge (orange/rust). Because both the forest and the bridge are in the northern part of California, the bear from the state flag makes an appearance as well. On the back of the kits, you'll see a yellow phoenix, which is taken from the San Francisco city flag.

=====

Paradise SC - located in Honolulu

23777210856_7976c19eb9_o.jpg

Inspiration: Fairly self explanatory, I hope. The name Paradise SC comes from Hawaii being called, among other things, "Paradise of the Pacific." Sun. Palm trees. Bright colors. I will say that the clash was meant to look a little more like a Hawaiian shirt, but that many hibiscuses looked far too cluttered, even sublimated. I think using just one came off much cleaner.

Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Loving Paradise, and Redwood looks good, but the name just doesn't seem to fit. I'd try making the shield into the shape of a tree.

Thanks! An interesting idea. I didn't try the particular shape, but I tried a crest that included the trees as a background, but it turned out too busy. I probably should have mentioned before that I went with the stripes (especially the maroon) to represent the trees. Obviously a little too subtle. Once I get further along with this thread, I'll give the tree shape its due.

Alaska Frontier - located in Anchorage

23175165864_8b62efb137_o.jpg

This was actually the first team I did for the SSF. It remains largely unchanged from the original. The crest is part Anchorage city seal, part state flag; instead of the North Star, though, it is a soccer ball (with a star in the negative space). The clash kit’s color scheme is meant to evoke the frontier.

=====

Oregon Cascades SC - located in Portland

23694873472_61ddb64ff7_o.jpg

Inspiration: The team name comes from the mountain range. The crest is in the shape of the Oregon park ranger badge, and depicts Mount Hood in the background; the sublimated lines on the primary jersey are also Mount Hood. Although green and yellow are the primary colors, the clash kit is in the state’s official colors. Nike did the kits for obvious reasons. That's also the beaver from the state flag on the backs.

Last of the Pacific Division

Jet City SC - located in Seattle

23694873232_11c2139764_o.jpg

Inspiration: One nickname for Seattle is Jet City. The crest shape mimics a badge you might see on a fighter pilot's suit. Realizing the colors for many Washington state pro teams are relatively similar, I decided to keep those going. A note about the sponsor: I made that as a joke for a former co-worker. I liked it so much I had to use it here, given Microsoft HQ and all. And I think everyone here just loooves Comic Sans, not to mention Explorer.

By the way, if you’re paying attention, you might notice a bit more about the sponsors I’ve used and will use.

Great work so far. This is becoming awesome, definitely getting a follow. ;)

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

I don't really like the name jet city, it seems kinda clunky and doesn't fit Seattle all that well. Loving the series besides that! Love the unique colors, kits are creative and well done.

I kind of understand the clunkiness of the name, but that aside, "Jet City" actually does fit pretty well for Seattle. In addition to the several military bases in the area, Boeing was founded in Seattle and still operates an Aviation Center and assembly plant there.

Love that Portland home kit. This seems like it will be successful this time!

It may not be successful in quality, but at least it will be completed this time around. :)

Last of the Pacific Division

Jet City SC - located in Seattle

23694873232_11c2139764_o.jpg

Inspiration: One nickname for Seattle is Jet City. The crest shape mimics a badge you might see on a fighter pilot's suit. Realizing the colors for many Washington state pro teams are relatively similar, I decided to keep those going. A note about the sponsor: I made that as a joke for a former co-worker. I liked it so much I had to use it here, given Microsoft HQ and all. And I think everyone here just loooves Comic Sans, not to mention Explorer.

By the way, if youre paying attention, you might notice a bit more about the sponsors Ive used and will use.

The slowest team in the league!

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

And now it's time for the Mountain Division. First up...

Arizona Coppers SC - located in Phoenix

23435332609_dfdb951969_o.jpg

Inspiration: The name Coppers was meant to represent the element—which is also the reason you will see Cu on the clash socks—but I suppose law enforcement also works here, too. There really isn’t much to say about this one, except the crest and colors come from the state flag.

Colorado United - located in Denver

23803272295_996c001c0f_o.jpg

Inspiration: The name derives form the fact that Colorado has two starkly different terrains: mountains and plains. What is now the state has also been part of several territories in its history. The choice of purple was a pretty easy one (“purple mountain majesties”). The crest even has double black diamonds in it to celebrate the mountains.

Great job. I absolutely am in love with that Coppers crest! That is really sharp, my favorite crest yet. Uniform wise, Alaska looks the sharpest, in my opinion. Great job.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Coppers look AMAZING. Trying to figure out why you picked that specifics sponsor!

At last. Someone taking more note of the sponsors. Because I'm a dork, I don't want to give away the farm just yet. Once you see more sponsors, it'll probably be more evident.

Archived