Stateside Soccer Federation - Sponsors; COMPLETE

jdp

Nice work on NDSC. Sometimes a simple kit works, and it is nice to see that happen here. I also like T. Roosevelt's hat in the crest. That fits there well and complements the whole kit in my opinion. That little splash of tan really makes the kits better.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been loving this series, especially with the fictional kit sponsors! But I do have one minor complaint. I can't read the text on the Big Sky FC kits, what is the smaller text saying? Looks like "Liver Emporium" to me.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

And now it's time for the High Plains Division

Boise Gems SC

23175121234_65f038a6bc_o.jpg

Inspiration: Idaho has an abundance of gems, thus it is called the Gem State. Because garnet is the state gem, that is the primary color, and I’ve always thought light/powder blue compliments very well. The primary kit includes a chevron-esque pattern to mimic the bottom of the gem-shaped crest.

This looks really great! Keep up the good work! And props to you for the Napoleon Dynamite reference

soflo copy.png

And now it's time for the High Plains Division

Boise Gems SC

23175121234_65f038a6bc_o.jpg

Inspiration: Idaho has an abundance of gems, thus it is called the Gem State. Because garnet is the state gem, that is the primary color, and I’ve always thought light/powder blue compliments very well. The primary kit includes a chevron-esque pattern to mimic the bottom of the gem-shaped crest.

This looks really great! Keep up the good work! And props to you for the Napoleon Dynamite reference

Another great set, jdp! But, to go along with the Napoleon Dynamite theme, I think we need to see some US flag shorts, at least on the clash. Do you think any of their High Plains Division opponents would want a roundhouse kick to the face while the Gems were wearing these bad boys? Forget about it!

B5rVUmWCIAEhsGz.jpg

Aaaaaaand we're back! (You have to read that as an overly enthusiastic radio DJ or it just looks weird.)

Anyway, we're still in the High Plains Division.

Badlanders SC - located in Sioux Falls

23435313929_1e84db2603_o.jpg

Inspiration: South Dakota contains Badlands National Park and is the team’s namesake. The crest also pays homage to the Sioux tribe that has such a long history in the state, and surrounding areas--hence the Sioux arrowhead.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Interesting name - Badlanders

Interesting good? Or interesting bad?

I got the idea from a soccer club my brother used to play for: the Flatlanders.

Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

It's good to me, i am just saying that it is quite creative when it come with its history, landmark, etc.

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

It's good to me, i am just saying that it is quite creative when it come with its history, landmark, etc.

Sweet. Thanks!

Next up is Wyoming...

Wyoming Drovers SC - located in Cheyenne

23175120964_04b394f4a7_o.jpg

Inspiration: Drover is another name for a cowboy, and Wyoming is also known as the Cowboy State.

How are we feeling about the brown? I have another idea for the clash, but wanted to see how this went over first.

So this isn't so west-to-east, let's jump over a division and take a look at the Great Lakes Division.

Ohio Scarlet - located in Columbus

23175103564_8b1711c839_o.jpg

Inspiration: The “I” staters love to use the “I,” and Ohioans love that “O.” So that is the shape--and it is the pattern on the clash kit. The team also opted Ohio State colors. Excuse me, THE Ohio State. There are 17 arrows in the middle of the O, an element of the state seal that represents Ohio being admitted as the 17th state.

The arrows in the O are a cool idea, but I don't think they work as well in practice. They don't really look like arrows more like a bushel of wheat or something. Maybe arrange them in a different pattern?

Yeah, you're probably right. I just got stuck on the actual presentation in the seal.

240px-Seal_of_Ohio.svg.png

Peninsulas SC - located in Detroit

23777149696_597111841d_o.jpg

Inspiration: Michigan is made up of two peninsulas: the “mitten” and the Upper Peninsula (U.P.). The crest shape and the phrase in the middle--Tuebor, meaning “I will defend”--come from the state seal. As for the waves in the crest and sublimated on the primary kit, those represent the lakes that surround Michigan.

No Buzz Beer sponsorship on the Ohio team? :(:P

Anyways, great set so far man. :)

Haha! Totally forgot about that.

Archived