Stateside Soccer Federation - Sponsors; COMPLETE

jdp

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like Iowa Monks, simple and clean..good work. But there is something in Minnesota United that not convince me..

How do you mean there's something that isn't convincing you?

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Last of the Prairie Division...

OK Drillers SC - located in Tulsa
23435376199_a5b5b5bcbf_o.jpg
Inspiration: The Drillers initially found it difficult to ignore the Oklahoma state flag and seal--both in color and native American theme. But in Tulsa stands a huge statue known as the Golden Driller. Thus, an identity was born. The clash kit features what is meant as sublimated oil spots.

Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Now, on to the VALLEY DIVISION - I admit this might be the oddest of the divisions, at least in terms of “region.” The Valley Division stretches from West Virginia into Missouri, but that is because of the valleys that exist in the areas: from the Great Appalachian Valley to the Mississippi and Missouri valleys, among others.

West Virginia Dales SC - located in Charleston

23774246562_8bdd9ee501_o.jpg

Inspiration: A dale is also a valley, so the team is named after the region in which it resides. The team wanted something classier for their crest, so it went with a simple monogram.

Now, on to the VALLEY DIVISION - I admit this might be the oddest of the divisions, at least in terms of region. The Valley Division stretches from West Virginia into Missouri, but that is because of the valleys that exist in the areas: from the Great Appalachian Valley to the Mississippi and Missouri valleys, among others.

West Virginia Dales SC - located in Charleston

23774246562_8bdd9ee501_o.jpg

Inspiration: A dale is also a valley, so the team is named after the region in which it resides. The team wanted something classier for their crest, so it went with a simple monogram.

That's sweet! Also I love the sponsor.

IxkieML.png

Tenn SC - located in Nashville

23856477526_ed3fd50f74_o.jpg

Inspiration: Tenn SC sounds like Tennessee. Hokey, for sure, but when considering the crest and the name as a whole, it makes sense. The stars on the flag represent the three regions (or Grand Divisions) of the state. Rather than enclosing the stars in the familiar circle from the state flag, the team chose to line them up in a stylized shape of the state so they actually signify the Divisions: East, Middle and West.

I really like Iowa Monks, simple and clean..good work. But there is something in Minnesota United that not convince me..

There is something in the crest and in the use of purple that not convince me..i don't know why :D

Tenn SC is just genial!! Keep it going my friend

I love Minnesota! Easily my favorite yet! The color on the home is so cool. Love what you have done too with the valley division so far. Keep it up.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

What were the reasons for color choices?

Frankly, valleys are typically green, so that's why I went with it.

NO!! I was hoping the Oklahoma concept was going to be in Oklahoma City. The concept is good though.

I did usually pick the largest city, but because of the location of the statue, I opted for Tulsa. Seemed odd to have the Driller such a focal point, then place the team in another city.

Quite good. But i feel like a d needs to be incorporated in the WV somehow. Great concept.

We're closing in on my home state.

Hmmm. I actually didn't even consider adding a D to the monogram. I'll see how it looks in the future.

There is something in the crest and in the use of purple that not convince me..i don't know why :D

Tenn SC is just genial!! Keep it going my friend

Purple and yellow are the Vikings colors, and I like the combo. But I wanted to go darker with them. More indigo and gold, I guess.

KC Heart - located in Kansas City (Missouri)
23254394654_e0ebe987d2_o.jpg
Inspiration: Kansas City is centrally located in the United States, and therefore is called the Heart of America. The symbol in the middle of the crest is used in the city seal and flag, and represents that the city is also called the “City of Fountains.” New Balance is the kit manufacturer, and because they typically employ sublimated patterns, the fountain symbol appears on the front and back of the primary kit. As for the clash, the colors in the gradient sash come from the city seal.

Derby United SC - located in Louisville

24110366232_c85f83bea9_o.jpg

Inspiration: The Kentucky Derby, primarily, but the “United” comes from the state’s motto: United We Stand, Divided We Fall--which also appears on the back of the kits. The roses in the crest are an ode to the wreath presented to the winner of the Kentucky Derby.

Here's the last of the Valley Division.

Little Rock Naturals
23850585069_9f8d68c10f_o.jpg
Inspiration: Arkansas is known as the Natural State because of the many rivers, valleys and forests. The team name pays homage to that. The crest, however, takes a different approach by incorporating the state’s official tartan pattern; it also utilizes the diamond shape present on the state flag. The tartan pattern is present on the primary kit, while the colors from the pattern are shown in the clash.

With the Valley Division in the books, it's time for the New England Division. Being a Patriots antagonist, I didn’t want to call this region New England, but what else would you call it? But I digress...

Manchester Finches

23514649849_fbf6e1c3f2_o.jpg

Inspiration: The Granite State can be difficult to convey in a soccer crest, so the team went with the Purple Finch. Initially, a finch’s eyes and beak were the center of the crest, but it never really looked right, and was often confused for a cardinal. That’s why it was changed to M, not only because of its symmetry, but it also had small serifs that could mimic the wings on either side of the crest. Although a purple finch is really more of a red color, purple emerged as the primary, and red was added as an accent.

Archived