Stateside Soccer Federation - Sponsors; COMPLETE

jdp

This is really fine work. Favorites are Jet City and Redwoods so far. I like your template layout but i find my aging eyes squinting a lot. Would love to be able to see more detail.

Thanks for the kind words.

These should be 1584 x 702px. If they're not clicking open at that size, I'll have to check what's going on.

Unless you mean you'd like to see the elements pulled out and presented as separate images...?

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the pattern for the sponsors that they are from TV shows? Tweek Bros Coffee is from South Park, which is based in Colorado. ACME is from Looney Toons, which has scenes in Monument Valley.

Yup. TV shows, movies, etc. And they all have something to do with the respective state (either set or filmed there). Finding brands from some states was maybe the most difficult part.

Anyway... next!

Nevada Sages SC - located in Las Vegas
23694847432_f424fa99ae_o.jpg
Inspiration: Nevada is also known as the Sagebrush State, and that is where the team gets its name and color. An interesting color choice, to be sure, but sometimes you have to try stuff out. I don’t think this looks all that bad, so I ran with it. Despite the team name, Nevada’s official nickname is Silver State, and that was the inspiration for the clash kit.

Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

NY should be Goliath National Bank

Ha! Didn't even think of that one; I had another in mind. But maybe the NY team is so rich and powerful they were able to get a primary and clash sponsor.

Nevada looks great. The crest is gorgeous and the uniforms are stride to stride with it. Great job, this series is very fun to follow!

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Continuing the Mountain Division...

Duke City SC - located in Albuquerque

23777186096_989437cbbb_o.jpg

Inspiration: Albuquerque is nicknamed the Duke City for Francisco Fernández de la Cueva, the Duke of Alburquerque [sic]. Elements and colors of the city seal and state flag make up the crest.

This is a nice look for Albuquerque. I like the simplicity of it, and the yellow complements the red nicely on the home kit.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Last of the Mountain Division...

Beehive SC - located in Salt Lake City

23176475943_8428f2422a_o.jpg

Inspiration: Utah is the Beehive State, so there you go. Everything about this team grew from there.

FYI - I promise, I'm about done posting the slightly tweaked original/older stuff. Just a couple more, then everything else in new.

And now it's time for the High Plains Division

Boise Gems SC

23175121234_65f038a6bc_o.jpg

Inspiration: Idaho has an abundance of gems, thus it is called the Gem State. Because garnet is the state gem, that is the primary color, and I’ve always thought light/powder blue compliments very well. The primary kit includes a chevron-esque pattern to mimic the bottom of the gem-shaped crest.

All of these are sick, can't wait for the East Coast!

Thanks! I didn't necessarily intend on going west to east. Just the way the ideas came to me. I think I'll switch up the divisions after this one. Plenty more coming soon.

High Plains Division - continued...

Big Sky SC - located in Billings

23694829182_96e0764b65_o.jpg

Inspiration: “Big Sky Country” (Montana) has a big sky overhead, so the colors reflect that on the primary. The brown is there to bring in the grizzly from the crest. As for the clash, it departs pretty significantly from the primary colors, but that is because the state motto is “Gold and Silver”--or "Oro y Plata" as seen on the back of the clash kit--but the team chose to focus on the gold. You’ll also see the state appear near the jersey hem.

NOTE: This particular crest would be great to get feedback on--the bear especially. This is probably the “best” render I’ve done on an animal that isn’t a bird, but any critiques, good or bad, would be appreciated.

All of these are sick, can't wait for the East Coast!

Thanks! I didn't necessarily intend on going west to east. Just the way the ideas came to me. I think I'll switch up the divisions after this one. Plenty more coming soon.

Alright cool.

Really nice work on Big Sky, loving that crest. My only problem is that while I know this is fictional, it just feels wrong having a major league team in such a small market area.

Really nice work on Big Sky, loving that crest. My only problem is that while I know this is fictional, it just feels wrong having a major league team in such a small market area.

Completely understand. For the most part, I went with the largest city in the state. Just wait until we get to Wyoming, though. ;)

Here are some city populations for comparison's sake:

Billings, MT = ~110k

Boise, ID = ~216k

Sioux Falls, SD = ~168k

Providence, RI = ~178k

Kansas City, MO = ~150k

Green Bay, WI = ~104k

Obviously, some have larger metro areas, but smaller markets have been able to sustain a pro team for years. All that to say, it didn't bother me much putting teams in the High Plains states.

NDSC - located in Fargo

23694829112_468950b694_o.jpg

Inspiration: The Roughriders and Teddy Roosevelt (whose hat is depicted in the crest). The colors of the actual Roughriders were navy and tan, but tan was already present on other teams in the division. So yellow it was.

Completely understand. For the most part, I went with the largest city in the state. Just wait until we get to Wyoming, though. ;)

Here are some city populations for comparison's sake:

Billings, MT = ~110k

Boise, ID = ~216k

Sioux Falls, SD = ~168k

Providence, RI = ~178k

Kansas City, MO = ~150k

Green Bay, WI = ~104k

Obviously, some have larger metro areas, but smaller markets have been able to sustain a pro team for years. All that to say, it didn't bother me much putting teams in the High Plains states.

Okay cool. I understand your reasoning more now. Thanks for the explanation.

Archived