Stateside Soccer Federation - Sponsors; COMPLETE

jdp

So what states are gonna be part of the NE division?

I'm very biased due to being from this region, but I'm really excited.

In no particular order: New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Maine, Rhode Island

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Green Mountain Boys - located in Burlington

23594785454_34ddc91c07_o.jpg

Inspiration: The Green Mountain Boys was (and to some extent, still are) a Revolutionary War-era militia hailing from Vermont and was instrumental in controlling parts of New England during that time. The flag they bore is present on the back of the kits.

Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

I like the Revolutionary War inspiration for the NE region. It really fit the area well. Nice work. My only complaint would be to add blue, since it is on the flag. Drop yellow.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

I like the Revolutionary War inspiration for the NE region. It really fit the area well. Nice work. My only complaint would be to add blue, since it is on the flag. Drop yellow.

There's already a good amount of blue in New England. That's why I went with yellow.

Terrific series. Nice designs... and the sponsors are a riot. I'm pleased that, thus far, I've recognized the sponsor references without having to look anything up.

Well done on the sponsors. I will post a full list at the conclusion of the series.

Still in New England...

Dirigo SC - located in Portland

23775300643_617b07b994_o.jpg

Inspiration: The state motto of Maine is “Dirigo,” which translates to “I lead” and is present on the back of the kits. If you’ve ever been to Maine, you may have seen just how well known the state is for its blueberries, which was the inspiration for the colors. The actual shape of the crest is from the state seal/flag.

NOTE: The splash of pink was merely a design decision.

Well, now... this is interesting (the new forum).

Boston Hub SC

23800081391_4a35e4f17c_o.jpg

Inspiration: Among other things, Boston is known as the Hub City, which is where the team took its name. Management also wished to honor the city’s history, which is why the crest is in the shape of a sign on the Boston Commons. In the lower left quadrant is the emblem from the state flag.

Personal note: All 50 teams are now done!

Ocean State SC - located in Providence

23586845450_ec9581f6d2_o.jpg

Inspiration: Anchors were an obvious choice for this team, but management wanted to stand out; anchors do appear on the back of the kits, though. The red hen was ripe for the plucking, so to speak. The crest includes two red hens flanking the top of the Breakers mansion’s front gate, located in Newport. A Roman numeral 13 was added at the top as well, because Rhode Island was the 13th state.

NOTE: As you will see with the soon-to-be-revealed Annapolis crest (past logo | past criticism), I had to decide: go simple or go detailed. I chose detailed here.

38 minutes ago, Darknes said:

Boston looks good, perhaps a little too modern for my tastes. I see Boston as a more traditional kit sort of town.

Yeah, I could see that. But with Nike doing the kits... well, look at Barca. ;) 

2 hours ago, TheRoyalsFan20 said:

The New England Division had been quite interesting. Especially Ocean State

I'm going to choose to take that as a compliment... ;)

Let's finish up the Northeast, shall we?

MEGALOPOLIS DIVISION - A megalopolis is comprised of nearby metro areas, essentially forming one large metro area. Much of the eastern seaboard of the United States falls into this category, but for these purposes, it contains: DE, NY, NJ, PA and CT.

Hartford Oak FSC

23254377184_3b65f54a5f_o.jpg

Inspiration: The Charter Oak has a storied significance in Hartford. The oak was used to hide Connecticut's Royal Charter of 1662, and the tree itself is commemorated on the Connecticut State Quarter. Rather than mimicking the quarter, however, this design still honor the tree (flanked by oak leaves) but also looked regal enough for a crest. Because the team more closely represents the city of Hartford, the clash colors (purple, specifically) were chosen to evoke the state seal’s grapevines that represent the three original colonies of Connecticut.

Archived