jdp

18 hours ago, TheRoyalsFan20 said:

Yes! My home state! And it looks great!

Excellent job!

Thanks. Glad you like it.

Next up...

Annapolis Skipjacks

23254390734_64ae9bc92d_o.jpg

Inspiration: Annapolis is not Maryland’s largest city, like so many other team locations. But it is the capital. The team moved because of the connection not only to the “mascot”--a skipjack, the state’s official boat--but also because the Naval Academy is located there. The Skipjack is out on the water as viewed from a porthole, meant to represent naval ships. The kits here also represent naval uniforms. One thing to note is the socks on the clash. Those are purposely black. The sailor uniform is primarily white, with navy blue decoration, but the shoes that go with the uniform are black.

NOTE: This crest is not changed much in layout from the original, but I did take some very early comments to heart: either go simple or go detailed. As you can see, I went detailed.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Continuing in the Piedmont...

Gatekeepers FSC - located in Atlanta

24341442915_2e8475d5e2_o.jpg

Inspiration: “Resurgens” is the motto of Atlanta, where this team is located, and the phoenix represents that (not to mention it is in the city seal and flag). Because of this phoenix theme, the colors are that of fire and ash. The name Gatekeepers comes from one of the city’s nicknames: The Gate City.

Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

OK, so it seems people are tired of this, or no one likes the Southeast. Either way, I'm going to see this through the end...

Here's the last of the Piedmont Division. The Gulf Division will be the last set of teams.

Commonwealth Colonials

24191337000_26fb3d9883_o.jpg

Inspiration: Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia. The shape of crest is meant to look like a sign that hangs outside a business in Williamsburg. The trihat was added to round out the representation of colonials.

I love the idea of Annapolis's crest and it looks really good, too.

Gatekeepers' colors look really good and Commonwealth's kits may be my favorites (that is a tough choice as it's the other 44 are really good too).

For Excelsior's crest I would suggest moving the "A" to the right a little, but that might make an imbalance.

16 hours ago, atwarren44 said:

I love the idea of Annapolis's crest and it looks really good, too.

Gatekeepers' colors look really good and Commonwealth's kits may be my favorites (that is a tough choice as it's the other 44 are really good too).

For Excelsior's crest I would suggest moving the "A" to the right a little, but that might make an imbalance.

Thanks! I will be updating Excelsior soon, and will give this a shot.

The beginning of the end. Here's the final set of teams, the Gulf Division.

Magnolias SC - located in Jackson

23255747953_14f8c8de44_o.jpg

Inspiration: The magnolia is both the state flower and the state tree of the Magnolia State. All elements of the team feature a magnolia is some capacity, whether it is the crest (tree as the focal point and flowers in the roundel) or the jerseys (bottom left at the hem has two flowers).

Magnolias' is absolutely perfect! I lived in Mississippi for a couple years, and the colors especially stand out as great choices. It's a very green area and the sky (aside from storms of course) is always something like that shade of blue. Magnolias is a great name choice as well. I don't know how much research you did, but it sure seems like a lot because the whole package really looks representative of the state. Very well done.

Also, LOVE the O Brother, Where Art Thou? reference. One of my favorite movies of all time. "I don't want no FOP! I'm a Dapper Dan man!"

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

13 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Magnolias' is absolutely perfect! I lived in Mississippi for a couple years, and the colors especially stand out as great choices. It's a very green area and the sky (aside from storms of course) is always something like that shade of blue. Magnolias is a great name choice as well. I don't know how much research you did, but it sure seems like a lot because the whole package really looks representative of the state. Very well done.

Also, LOVE the O Brother, Where Art Thou? reference. One of my favorite movies of all time. "I don't want no FOP! I'm a Dapper Dan man!"

You're too kind, but glad you liked it! O Brother is one of my favorites, too. Had to include it.

Next up...

Magic City SC - located in Birmingham

23586834750_da02433136_o.jpg

Inspiration: Birmingham is the Magic City and the state bird of Alabama is the Yellowhammer, which is perched atop the crest. The colors of Magic City are yellow and black, as seen in the primary kit but the clash kit diverges from those. Instead, it features part of the crimson cross of St. Andrew, which forms the state flag. "Hammers" is on the back of the primary, and "Sweet Home" is on the back of the clash.

As I mentioned when I started this thread, there was one team that has FC in its name. And here it is:

FC Pascua Florida - located in Jacksonville

23255748003_839e8864fa_o.jpg

Inspiration: This was the one team granted exception to the “SC” rule, due to the name chosen by management. “Pascua Florida” is Spanish and loosely translates to “flower festival,” which is also the reason three types of flowers appear in the crest. Although the phrase typically refers to Easter, the week leading to Pascua Florida has become something of a patriotic occasion in the state and, thus, the team name was born.

Ugh. By the end of the day, this series will be over. Brings a tear to my eye. If for no other reason than all that went into it, and it is over so quickly. Oh, well. Here's Texas.

Republic FSC - located in Houston

23637575154_4a2e8e6e52_o.jpg

Inspiration: The state of Texas. The backs of the kits say “Come and take it,” which is taken from an early version of a Revolution flag.

This is the end...

NOLA Spirit

24322322065_991305d338_o.jpg

Inspiration: It’s pretty common to see purple, green and yellow (although in this instance, gold) on a team from New Orleans; the fleur de lis is difficult to escape, as well. Spirit is no exception. The shape of the crest is even a (very) loose interpretation of the foot of the state bird: a pelican.

Coming up... the Divisions Map and the Sponsors List/reveal (for those who have noticed them).

12 hours ago, TheGiantsFan said:

This was certainly such an awesome series to follow, and congrats on finally completing all 50 states on your third try! :)

The sponsors are all very cleverly though-out, too!

Can't wait to see what you do next~

10 hours ago, PascalHugo said:

Awesome job! A beautiful series! 

Thanks! Took a while to get updated (obviously), but I'm happy with the way it came out.

Archived