2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that's all he said, then it has to be really freaking close. I bet he can't say "That's it! That's exactly what it looks like!" and expect to be shown such things again.

With this revision, I think this is as close as we're going to get without some description of the font type and what the secondary logo looks like

florida%20prediction%20jersey%207_zpsvbz

The only thing I'm wondering if I got wrong is if the stripe is much thicker, like Blackhawks Winter Classic thick. With some reebok jerseys still having no hemline stripes, it's so hard to say what's too plain in the NHL anymore

I guess we'll be stuck with the stupid military shield because of their owner's past (who really gives a damn?) but otherwise this mock-up looks great!

I'm guessing the owner of the team gives a damn. You might not give a damn, but you don't control the team, either.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

You can appreciate people surviving combat but what does it have to do with sports?

Full disclosure - I think most of the camo jerseys are patronizing, but on the other hand...if a team owner who figured out how to make more money than me wants to design his team's logo so it resembles a military logo, I'm not going to get pissed off about it.

Personally, I'm tired of teams thinking they have to look like the Military. I'm honestly getting really tired of MLB teams wearing Camo and team identities using the Military as an excuse for lame uniforms, however, when I see people starting to put people in the Military down because of Military dress-up, I have a real problem with that. It is because of those people's services and sacrifices that we have the freedom we do today and also get to live in peace. They are the reason a lot of us don't have to go through what they have gone through. Anyway, that's a small rant from me. About the Panthers, I think it is a matter of execution. It will probably be a case of love it or hate it, probably the latter.

Mixing military logos emblems with sports logos is disgusting , guess teams are trying to cash in on the goodwill/asskissing of miltary personel that goes on at sporting events.

Like the camo jerseys in MLB, they suck.

Couldn't agree more. Why can't sports just be sports? Why do franchises have to suddenly become propaganda arms of the military industrial complex? This mindset severely botched Anaheim's rebrand (could have had hunter green) as well the re-introduction of the Winnipeg Jets.

I never took issue with the Jets' use of the RCAF roundel. The name can either refer to jets used in civilian aviation or military aviation, and the latter seems more fitting for a hockey team. Sleek and agile as opposed to large and lumbering (Dustin Byfuglien jokes aside). And who has a monopoly on jet-based military aviation in Canada? The air force. That, and they actually payed the RCAF for the right to use the roundel.

The whole thing just seemed more natural than the Jags and Panthers randomly deciding to put depictions of their big cat mascots inside military-esque badges.

If that's all he said, then it has to be really freaking close. I bet he can't say "That's it! That's exactly what it looks like!" and expect to be shown such things again.

With this revision, I think this is as close as we're going to get without some description of the font type and what the secondary logo looks like

The only thing I'm wondering if I got wrong is if the stripe is much thicker, like Blackhawks Winter Classic thick. With some reebok jerseys still having no hemline stripes, it's so hard to say what's too plain in the NHL anymore

I guess we'll be stuck with the stupid military shield because of their owner's past (who really gives a damn?) but otherwise this mock-up looks great!

I'm guessing the owner of the team gives a damn. You might not give a damn, but you don't control the team, either.

And that's what makes this whole thing so dumb as the fans clearly don't give a :censored:. The guy owns the franchise since what? Two years? And he feels like adding a personnal element (which will be the main uniform feature by the way) that doesn't go along the team name or history at all? Stephen Ross went to Michigan, would it makes any sense for the Dolphins to wear winged helmets because of it?

So keep politics out of this, ok? The Panthers are going to a new logo that's based off of the 101st Airborn badge. It's not an excuse to start talking about ISIS or G-ddamn Vietnam. Behave yourselves.

. It will probably be a case of love it or hate it, probably the latter.

No matter what it is, this board will hate it.

Your mockups are actually pretty nice. If the final product is anything like what you've put together? It won't be a dud of an unveiling.

My biggest concerns were an overly militarized theme and an aping of the Montreal Canadiens. The military aspect will be downplayed due to the colour scheme. Which also helps with the second concern. The striping being white and gold and not blue and white will really help the red sweaters stand out from the Habs' classic look.

Even the flag isn't a bad idea. The Florida flag already fits in with the Panthers' scheme, and it appears like it's going to be stylized anyway. Rather than adopted stock (Colorado, Calgary).

I would still prefer the team keep what they had, but your mockups wouldn't be bad by any stretch of the imagination.

. It will probably be a case of love it or hate it, probably the latter.

No matter what it is, this board will hate it.

Your mockups are actually pretty nice. If the final product is anything like what you've put together? It won't be a dud of an unveiling.

My biggest concerns were an overly militarized theme and an aping of the Montreal Canadiens. The military aspect will be downplayed due to the colour scheme. Which also helps with the second concern. The striping being white and gold and not blue and white will really help the red sweaters stand out from the Habs' classic look.

Even the flag isn't a bad idea. The Florida flag already fits in with the Panthers' scheme, and it appears like it's going to be stylized anyway. Rather than adopted stock (Colorado, Calgary).

I would still prefer the team keep what they had, but your mockups wouldn't be bad by any stretch of the imagination.

I absolutely love the fact that they are going with red and gold like the flag. Also it might end up looking more like the Hawks version without the hem stripes which would be better considering the fact that they are now playing the Habs so much. My only concern is the crest... Great job by hockey week.

And that's what makes this whole thing so dumb as the fans clearly don't give a :censored:. The guy owns the franchise since what? Two years? And he feels like adding a personnal element (which will be the main uniform feature by the way) that doesn't go along the team name or history at all? Stephen Ross went to Michigan, would it makes any sense for the Dolphins to wear winged helmets because of it?

Stephen Ross changed the traditional dolphin on the helmet, didn't he? When you're the owner, you call the shots.

And any other team, we'd say it's time for a change. "Time to change up the look. The Panthers haven't done :censored: in 20 years," we'd say. No Stanley Cups. Not many accomplishments. Panthers fans aren't uber-traditional.

If the owner wants to change it up, this is as good as team as any, really. Sure I have a soft spot for the current logo and the shoulder patch, but that's only because of nostalgia. These logos have been a part of a losing franchise for way too long.

Stephen Ross changed the traditional dolphin on the helmet, didn't he? When you're the owner, you call the shots.

And any other team, we'd say it's time for a change. "Time to change up the look. The Panthers haven't done :censored: in 20 years," we'd say. No Stanley Cups. Not many accomplishments. Panthers fans aren't uber-traditional.

If the owner wants to change it up, this is as good as team as any, really. Sure I have a soft spot for the current logo and the shoulder patch, but that's only because of nostalgia. These logos have been a part of a losing franchise for way too long.

I get what you mean WSU and enjoy your arguments as always but Ross changed the traditional dolphin without going with anything related to himself or his alma mater that doesn't go along the rest of the uniform at all which would be both selfish and stupid.

I can't stand the Panthers current Edge uniforms and welcome the change with open arms but going with a military style crest because you personnaly feel like it when your team never featured anything military is really weird. It doesn't go along hockey week great mockup at all...

Can you try it with the current logo?

Can you try it with the current logo?

It looks worse

Florida%20prediction%20jersey%207b_zpsx3

All in all, I don't mind the military aesthetic, within reason (I think camo is outside of reason). Most everyone makes the comparison of sports to war. Even those who are against war would probably admit that sports are as close to war as one should get. Brothers in arms are probably the only thing that would tie individuals together closer than that of teammates. You fight for the guy next to you, you play for the guy next to you.

And the military has created many many logos that aren't half bad. At least its established numerous shapes that are acceptable, like the 101st Airborne shield. It's a good looking shield.

This is the league with the Columbus Blue Jackets, and despite the early confusion about their name, they aren't representing a bug or a legendary Chief Blue Jacket. It's a military name through and through. The New York Rangers aren't much different, despite the changing meaning of Rangers over time. The Senators looks are really centurions, which are all military, just not modern military. The Winnipeg Jets isn't much distance from it either.

I think it's a good looking shield and something good could be done with it. This team needs a new look, their original look isn't the untouchable perfection we say it is. Let the past be the past and let's all move on.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

i have a feeling the new panthers stuff is going to be fantastic, and have sort of an "american traditional tattoo" kind of vibe to it. old school tattoos and the 101st airborne share a similar design aesthetic... i think that's just the best way they've found to relate what the panthers are trying to look like, without them going out and acting like the jags and saying "we love the army and want to evoke military themes."

maybe that's just hopeful thinking on my part. i seriously love the current panthers logo. always have... but i could see a crest with a pissed off american-traditional-style panther head looking absolutely beautiful and unique.

then again, i'm a pretty big tattoo enthusiast... so yeah... probably just wishful thinking.

The guy owns the franchise since what? Two years? And he feels like adding a personnal element (which will be the main uniform feature by the way) that doesn't go along the team name or history at all?

"You see this here chocolate bar you bought, well you can't eat it because you only bought it a minute ago"

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

The guy owns the franchise since what? Two years? And he feels like adding a personnal element (which will be the main uniform feature by the way) that doesn't go along the team name or history at all?

"You see this here chocolate bar you bought, well you can't eat it because you only bought it a minute ago"

Obviously buying a chocolate bar and eating it is exactly like changing the branding of a 23 years old multi-millions sport team.

makes-sense-to-me.jpg

Archived