2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

4 minutes ago, worcat said:

but but but... the avalanches original jerseys were perfect.... why does the league continue to butt:censored: the fans!? It was so good! Just go back to it!

Modern classic if there ever was one :(  Same with their 1996 finals opponents, the Panthers....  *sigh*

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CreamSoda said:

This is the Avs background image on their official site.  I have been seeing more and more of the "C" logo from them.

BackgroundNoPlayer.jpg

Just so amazingly ugly, looks like the just as lame Cubs cap logo !

2 hours ago, Morgo said:

Looks beautiful when you focus on the details and embroidery.  Frankly, the same goes for the Leafs...

V43GIHp.jpg

7QPIovv.jpg

Not even close, the single layer is just as dull and flat as Tampa´s logo !

The original Avalanche uniform is horrible because it was way, way overdone. Only the primary A-mountain crest and the burgundy dark base give those uniforms credibility.

A great Colorado concept would have the A-mountain as the primary, no black(except the puck in the logo), more burgundy(ie. dark helmets), lighter blue instead of navy, mountain trimming limited to the hemline, legible font and the Colorado C shoulder patch. 

18 hours ago, Raysfan12 said:

Pittsburgh Penguins new away jersey.

13516491_10154900097848765_7017267634458

As much as I despise the Penguins, I absolutely love these uniforms. At least they'll look good while (hopefully) losing to the Flyers all season. ;)

B. Fass
Lancaster, PA

Nationals, Senators, Cowboys, DC United, Wizards

Washington-Nationals-Logo-HD.jpg.281d0e8be98a8521d34280de8329814f.jpgf29b882649e94f47737fee9f5b5b001f.gif.b4758c5fa8639d2f66ee458c1f7b27f9.gifmedium_DCU_20Crest_on_20white.png.4035fbad4dcbf26991bc729beadb718e.png59e126b48fe75_cowboyslogosmall.jpg.27ea81b23b230e77e0460934b5f36e74.jpg

18 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

The original Avalanche uniform is horrible because it was way, way overdone. Only the primary A-mountain crest and the burgundy dark base give those uniforms credibility.

A great Colorado concept would have the A-mountain as the primary, no black(except the puck in the logo), more burgundy(ie. dark helmets), lighter blue instead of navy, mountain trimming limited to the hemline, legible font and the Colorado C shoulder patch. 

The original Avalanche set never had Navy.  What you call overdone, I call fresh and unique.  The mountain striping was a stroke of genius and made perfect sense for the team's namesake.  It even referenced the denver flag in a subtle way.  I could do without the three layer numbers but everything else was spot on, especially the shoulder patch which represented the teams topography in an extremely clever way.  I can understand not liking it as much as me, but horrible?  Come on now...  I think the awfulocity of the current set has a lot to do with the recent trend of disparaging this modern classic...

9iZjykt.jpg

Does the Penguins crest seem huge to anyone else?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Since I can't seem to find the deals/sale thread at the moment, I'll just post here to let y'all know that Pro Hockey Life has Reebok senior replica jerseys on sale for 50% off both online and in stores until June 30. I picked up a Flames 3rd today for $70 +tax (reg. $140).

Watching the Dodgers Pirates game and I'm seeing that the Pirates alternate throwback uniform (amazing uniform, by the way) uses virtually an identical striping pattern as the now full-time Penguins throwback uniforms..

4811284060_4f8cfe087d_o.jpg

0624-pit16-jerseys.png

....Paying attention specifically to the way that the black-white-yellow stripe separates areas of yellow and black

Maybe that has been recently mentioned in this thread, so sorry if it has, but can you guys think of another city like this? personally i cant, obviously we all know the Pittsburgh teams are aligned color wise (of course cities like New York with the Mets and Knicks have the same color scheme)..... but now two of the teams use virtually identical striping elements.

4 hours ago, officeglenn said:

Since I can't seem to find the deals/sale thread at the moment, I'll just post here to let y'all know that Pro Hockey Life has Reebok senior replica jerseys on sale for 50% off both online and in stores until June 30. I picked up a Flames 3rd today for $70 +tax (reg. $140).

These are adult sizes correct?

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

10 minutes ago, Rollins Man said:

can you add names and numbers?

I don't see an option for it when ordering off their website. And I didn't ask when I went into the store.

Archived