2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, bowld said:

I like them. Time to ditch the colored nameplates though. Put a white nameplate on it and it would be MUCH better. Looks awesome from this view--

CrNG0SOUAAQvP46.jpg:large

Looks like the flyer bosses are SF Giants fans.

2 minutes ago, NeverSayNever said:

Quick survey? How many NHL teams have an alternate road jersey (white) that wasn't designed specifically for a Winter Classic, Stadium Series or Heritage Game? 

I think the last were the Leafs. 

MapleLeafs48.png

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I like this jersey but am not a fan of a jersey that by design will be obsolete after one year. That's what a patch is for. 

These me were kept under pretty tight wrap by Reebok. Normally there's a few ways to get a preview for merchandising and the like but didn't hear or see a peep from this one. 

+1 to ditching the colored nameplates. The Flyers are kinda the originators of it so I quasi-ok with them doing it but the series of other teams picking up on it has made me dislike it even more. At least this jersey doesn't have the numbers overlapping a color border. 

5 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

I think the last were the Leafs. 

MapleLeafs48.png

Absolutely gorgeous alt, one of my all-time faves.

The Flyers one is whatever.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

6 minutes ago, NeverSayNever said:

Quick survey? How many NHL teams have an alternate road jersey (white) that wasn't designed specifically for a Winter Classic, Stadium Series or Heritage Game? 

The aforementioned Leafs and for a single season the Ducks. They had an alternate home and away one season. 

I could see the Jets keeping theirs around longer than the single game this year. Add some Jets 1.0 flavor to their look without changing their primaries. That's just me guessing though. 

2 hours ago, bowld said:

I like them. Time to ditch the colored nameplates though. Put a white nameplate on it and it would be MUCH better. Looks awesome from this view--

CrNG0SOUAAQvP46.jpg:large

I like. Might have to add this to the Christmas list. 

B. Fass
Lancaster, PA

Nationals, Senators, Cowboys, DC United, Wizards

Washington-Nationals-Logo-HD.jpg.281d0e8be98a8521d34280de8329814f.jpgf29b882649e94f47737fee9f5b5b001f.gif.b4758c5fa8639d2f66ee458c1f7b27f9.gifmedium_DCU_20Crest_on_20white.png.4035fbad4dcbf26991bc729beadb718e.png59e126b48fe75_cowboyslogosmall.jpg.27ea81b23b230e77e0460934b5f36e74.jpg

18 minutes ago, Rollins Man said:

it's not bad, but does every new jersey release have to have the most boring, generic, overused striping pattern? Where is the creativity?

I'm putting my money on the Reebok templates...after all, Reebok is owned by Adidas, who is taking over the NHL's apparel. It wouldn't surprise me if we saw a couple other Next 6 members unveil gold-trimmed alts with a nearly identical pattern. Aren't the Blues getting a new, yet-to-be unveiled alternate, and doesn't their 50th anniversary logo/patch have (metallic) gold in it as well?

As for the uniforms, while they are bland, I do like them, though they are a bit creatively lacking. A black alternate with a similar color distribution (still plenty of orange to go around, though orange numbers) may work and not look too Pittsburgh/Anaheim-esque. That said, I like this use of Orange/Black/Gold a lot better than that of the Ducks.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Archived